GDT: #09 – Sabres at Wild – Tue Nov 1, 8:00PM ET – MSG-B

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
Same here. His recovery should be about him and him alone. Our spot in the standings and how we are playing should have no baring.

I agree with you. But everyone not agreeing with this sentiment, I feel, would want to rush him back for the playoff push. High ankle sprain 6-8 I would sit 10 weeks at least just because I know he will be that much better off. This is our franchise player i don't give two squirts of piss about 2 extra weeks.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kulikov does things I don't like but most of the time I really like what he does. He's like the inverted Bogo to me. Bogo sometimes does things I really like...but mostly ooof.

Liked Ristolainen and McCabe today and Kulikov. Gorges looks like a guy the whole thing has passed by but he's giving you the last of what he has every shift and I admire that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Fun to look at the standings and see us in the mix. Granted it's early but who cares. I haven't been able to do that for some time.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Gorges gives you everything he has which is good and bad, he went down behind the Sabres net in the dying seconds and took 2 Wild players with him.

Reinhart skating better I think, good for him to play with two pretty fast players.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Fun to look at the standings and see us in the mix. Granted it's early but who cares. I haven't been able to do that for some time.

Much better start than last year, for sure. And each point we rack up here is BE (Before Eichel). If we can stay in the hunt in the BE era, that would be excellent.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Something is wrong with the standings on NHL.COM. The Sabres have more wins than losses.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Gorges gives you everything he has which is good and bad, he went down behind the Sabres net in the dying seconds and took 2 Wild players with him.

Reinhart skating better I think, good for him to play with two pretty fast players.

That's the veteran experience--the biggest reason Gorges was brought in. Understanding the situation, knowing that every second the puck is tied up against the boards is a win. There's no question that Gorges has lost quite a few steps over the last couple years, and that he can't handle the same amount and quality of ice time as he could back then, but in the right situations he can still make important contributions. The trick is to have the depth where you can deploy him selectively and the coaching wherewithal to do so.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
When your D core is built such that Gorges can play on the 3rd pairing that's ideal. At this point in his career Gorges is the perfect 3rd pairing d-man. It's just when he has to play top 4, and more recently top 2 minutes that you start to run into trouble. Although he has held up pretty well these last 3 games. I don't think you can expect that level of play from him throughout an entire NHL season.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
When your D core is built such that Gorges can play on the 3rd pairing that's ideal. At this point in his career Gorges is the perfect 3rd pairing d-man. It's just when he has to play top 4, and more recently top 2 minutes that you start to run into trouble. Although he has held up pretty well these last 3 games. I don't think you can expect that level of play from him throughout an entire NHL season.

Exactly. I'd love for GMTM to be aggressive at this point and realize his team is above .500 without 2 of his best players and aquire an impact dman. The cap makes that a tough task but if ever there was a time to strike it's now...

ende

Dec 12, 2005
Exactly. I'd love for GMTM to be aggressive at this point and realize his team is above .500 without 2 of his best players and aquire an impact dman. The cap makes that a tough task but if ever there was a time to strike it's now...

1) Where do you find an impact dman?
2) If not free agency, what trade-able assets exist that could be given up w/o crippling some other area (the answer is: none)
3) What do you do about the expansion draft?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
1) Where do you find an impact dman?
2) If not free agency, what trade-able assets exist that could be given up w/o crippling some other area (the answer is: none)
3) What do you do about the expansion draft?

1. The same old names that have been mentioned a million times.
2. I have no reservation trading any draft picks or Nylander personally.
3. Living under a rock scared of your own shadow because of the expansion draft is as bad as tanking at this point. I want to win now and assess later.

ende

Dec 12, 2005
3. Living under a rock scared of your own shadow because of the expansion draft is as bad as tanking at this point. I want to win now and assess later.

Yeeeeaa... good thing aren't GM.

We'll address the need in the summer.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

I wonder about Pesce from Carolina. He's young, solid, and Carolina is...
1) bad enough that they might take prospects/picks for a player,
2) very very deep on the back end (Faulk, Hanifin, Slavin, Murphy, McKeown, Fleury and Bean in the pipeline)
3) very weak on forwards and in goal...

Plus
4) we have some interesting forward/goalie prospects that could possibly be packaged together (Ullmark, 2017 2nd and one or more of Carrier/Fasching/Baptiste/Rodrigues/Cornel/Hurley?) I understand it's a lot of filler, but Carolina severely lacks talent up front or in net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad