INJ​
|
6 Scandella, 11 Parise, 27 Dalpe, 28 Bartley, 56 Haula​

** Lineups always subject to change at morning and pre-game skates **

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Unfortunate timing for Fasching (groin), who will miss playing back home in Minnesota. Sabres haven't announced who the recall for him will be yet either.

Wild are more banged up this go around and tight against the cap, so they may have to do some paper transactions to get cap room for Bertschy, Graovac, and Schroeder (or whomever) recalls, as they only had 14 skaters at Monday's practice. Stewart (illness) also missed that, as did Dalpe who will join Bartley on LTIR. None of their other injured are close enough to return tonight either.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Game Preview - Wild vs Sabres - https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/wild-sabres-preview-11116/c-283286476

Happy Birthday to former Sabre/Amerk Zac Dalpe. Hopefully he has a terrible birthday - like a bad penalty leads to a Sabres game-winning goal.
Reinhart ends Dubynk shutout streak early - close game throughout - Sabres go on to win in overtime 3-2.

Just got word Sabres called-up Justin Bailey from Rochester.

Last edited:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Unfortunate timing for Fasching (groin).

Wild are more banged up this go around and tight against the cap, so they may have to do some paper transactions to get cap room for Bertschy, Graovac, and Schroeder (or whomever) recalls, as they only had 14 skaters at Monday's practice. Stewart (illness) also missed that, as did Dalpe who will join Bartley on LTIR. None of their other injured are close enough to return tonight either.

I don't care about the Wild problems. Boo hoo. We lost arguably our best player before the season starter and then Evander Kane who is top five player. Lehner went down for 10 days with flu and and now we're missing a couple of role players.

If the Wild are up against the cap, that's bad management from their GM. Leave some wiggle room.

I won't even talk about or schedule.

If Minnesota wants to play with excuses, we'll take the two points. Let's go get them boys.

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
here's the test to see if the changed system has changed results. better than 0-4 should be doable, right????

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Minnesota's last 3 games? 3 wins/3 shutouts - 5-0 in Boston one week ago - 4-0 in Buffalo last Thursday - 4-0 at home against Dallas last Saturday.
Yeah, they've been hot. Devan Dubnyk has been in net for all 3of those games. He's 5-1-1 on the year with a 1.43 goals-against average and a .952 save percentage.
But Buffalo has been much better since their last game against the Wild. They beat Florida 3-0 on Saturday (Nilsson shutout) and won 3-1 in Winnipeg on Sunday (Lehner 37 saves).
And maybe some good news for the Sabres? The road team has won 14 of the 19 games all-time between the Sabres and Wild, including each of the last four.

Last edited:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
here's the test to see if the changed system has changed results. better than 0-4 should be doable, right????

Has it been confirmed by Bylsma that he tweaked his system? I mean, it was obvious that he changed some things, but i don't completely trust that it was a conscious decision on his part and not just a fortunate mistake.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
If the Sabres win, they'll be "above .500" (the way the NHL point system assigns .500) for the first time since game one of the lockout shortened season, I think.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Has it been confirmed by Bylsma that he tweaked his system? I mean, it was obvious that he changed some things, but i don't completely trust that it was a conscious decision on his part and not just a fortunate mistake.

He adjusted his breakouts and play through the neutral zone. He ditched the heavy reliance on the stretch pass. There are now smaller gaps, much better puck support and more short quick passes to work our way up the ice. We attack as more of a unit coming out of our zone and with speed. It's also has allowed us to enter the offense zone with possession a lot more.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
He adjusted his breakouts and play through the neutral zone. He ditched the heavy reliance on the stretch pass. There are now smaller gaps, much better puck support and more short quick passes to work our way up the ice. We attack as more of a unit coming out of our zone and with speed. It's also has allowed us to enter the offense zone with possession a lot more.

But again, all of this is just fan observation, correct? No confirmation from players or coaches.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
But again, all of this is just fan observation, correct? No confirmation from players or coaches.

I'm not really sure what you're expecting. A press conference to announce they changed these things. They're simple adjustments within the overall approach our coach takes.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
The stretch pass is still part of the system though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Okposo's 2nd the other night was off of a stretch pass IIRC.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I'm not really sure what you're expecting. A press conference to announce they changed these things. They're simple adjustments within the overall approach our coach takes.

A direct question was asked and I'm just clarifying the answer. It's very possible that they would mention these things during any of their pre-game, post-game, and practice media scrums, especially if reporters noticed it, too.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
The stretch pass is still part of the system though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Okposo's 2nd the other night was off of a stretch pass IIRC.

Sure there's still stretch-passes (as there should be), but now they are only coming when there's a legitimate chance to spring a forward. The change is it's now not our default breakout strategy.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Stretch passes will always be something a team uses. But they should be used sparingly and as a means to surprise the other team or take advantage of a situation. As we did on the Okposo goal when we caught them changing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad