GDT: 04/08/14 - Bruins @ Wild - 7 PM CT - 3 AM Suomi - NESN, FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Good effort, nice win.

Are LaPanta and Greenlay trying to make Coyle a franchise player or something? Also, did LaPanta say "I don't recall Parise going to the backhand in shootouts"?

I'm starting to understand why some of you change the feed. :laugh:

Their contracts are both up this summer I think.

I for one hope we get a different team next year.

My dream pairing would be Gary Thorne and Darren Pang. but I bet Wes Walz would make a good color guy too.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Have had a million dollar smile since watching the highlights in the morning. PLAYOFF TIME, BABY!

And what a way to show we're not backing into them this time. 7th seed and great play for the last stretch. I have ton of confidence in this team and Bryz right now, it's clear the mood in the locker room is awesome. Feels goooooooooooood, man.

Foxlockbox

:laugh: is my period
Mar 22, 2011
Finland
Have had a million dollar smile since watching the highlights in the morning. PLAYOFF TIME, BABY!

And what a way to show we're not backing into them this time. 7th seed and great play for the last stretch. I have ton of confidence in this team and Bryz right now, it's clear the mood in the locker room is awesome. Feels goooooooooooood, man.

Pretty much took the exactly same things away from watching the hilites just now.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i really didnt think the refs did us any favors. besides that great game especially nino knocking down chara! PLAYOFFS BABY! GO WILD!

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
SpiffyAchingHeifer.gif

God I love this guy! He's so genuine and he's playing lights out at the perfect time! This whole team has turned a serious corner after that captain meeting. If we can get Granny back, we're a dangerous team this playoffs!

rafterman

Dec 1, 2010
Flyover country
Bryz spent at least part of the break between OT and the shootout standing right at the red line facing the Bruins bench. I don't know whether they were chirping at each other, he was asking if any of them were afraid of their mascot or what. Then he skated to the far end of the Wild bench and gave a player on the ice at that end a hug.

Bryz is a different breed...

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Does anyone else feel like Koivu's backhand doesn't go as high as it used to?

Back in the 06-07 years I feel like it hit the top netting.

Hilarious. The guy is losing his backhand. :laugh: He could put it up top in his sleep.

Sometimes with that move you go to the backhand so quickly that you don't get a hold of it right to snap it up quick.

And Lapanta goes "I don't recall Parise going to the backhand in shootouts"

Didn't he just pull one off on the same move not too long ago. I couldn't find the video. Usually I don't mind him as much as Greenhorn but there have to be some better options out there. The two homers need to get the "can-opener" as Greenballs would say.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
What's a better SO move. Koivu's backhand or PMB's spinarama?

I actually hate those spinaramas I can't get behind that as a legal shootout option. Basically stopping is the problem with these. Either you love those moves or you just hate them.

So I would have to choose Koivu's move.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Koivu's move is really hard to stop. If a goalie reacts to his move too early, then he can just turn it back to his forehand and score there.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Few goalies stop Koivu's move unless he screws it up himself somehow (can't get enough lift or loses the puck). Most of them know it's coming but they still can't stop it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A kid on my boy's Bantam team does the same move as Koivu, with the same result. He practices it constantly on his backyard rink. If he hits the net it's unstoppable. The trick is having a quick release on the shot after it goes from forehand to backhand.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You guys have a good team. (except # 24... I am an admitted matt cooke hater)

Best of luck in the playoffs.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Parise scored a lot of shootouts backhand goals while in NJ. Its seems that with the Wild he often goes triple deke forehand or a quick releaser.

Last edited:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
By far the best game I've seen live all season (been to 13 of them).

It might have actually been the best home game I've ever been to since I've finally moved back.

Only thing else that comes close for me was Koivu's OT winner against Florida in the North Stars Welcome Home game, and ending Chicago's streak last year.

That place was going ballistic. What a night.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I was happy to see Nino looking effective again tonight as well. He was very visible in this game in a good way and we will need him to continue that into the playoffs. That 4th line with McCormick and Veilleux didn't look out of place playing a regular shift in a very fast paced game. Good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad