p4MYooh.jpg

*Credit to Avder for the template

28ldpvt.gif

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Every time an emergency gdt is made, a pissed off angel gets their wings.

Let's clinch both playoffs and 7th tomorrow so we can rest everyone for two games.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010

Russo said:
Bryz loves #nhljets fans: "They start cheering my name and I want to show them with my hands to get louder. It's a good tradition" #mnwild

Bryz is so ****ing epic. :laugh:

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Just win baby... Just get 2 points and clinch 7 so we can rest up a little, fine tune the game and maybe even get to see a little Folin. Go Wild Go.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Having read the Boston board I hope Cookie scores 5 goals and gets another 5 assists. Nobody respects how much his game has changed, least of all Bruins fans apparently. It's not like he every "Bertuzzi'ed" someone either.

For a team that complains about people diving and taking liberties with their players, they sure do a lot of it themselves.

I will always hate the Bruins. Always.

EDIT: I rest my case. Boston Bruins Hypocrisy

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
^I still hate Cooke... but I tolerate his presence. He has too long of a track record to be just "magically" forgiven by most of the league. I understand their hate... even if he has changed his game.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Having read the Boston board I hope Cookie scores 5 goals and gets another 5 assists. Nobody respects how much his game has changed, least of all Bruins fans apparently. It's not like he every "Bertuzzi'ed" someone either.

For a team that complains about people diving and taking liberties with their players, they sure do a lot of it themselves.

I give him credit for changing his game...but it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything questionable.

And the hit on Savard which basically ended his career may not be on the same level as Bertuzzi, but it isn't far off.

Anyways, I'll be at this game. Looking forward to a good time. First Bruins game this year, and only the 2nd game I've been to at the X.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
I give him credit for changing his game...but it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt on anything questionable.

And the hit on Savard which basically ended his career may not be on the same level as Bertuzzi, but it isn't far off.

Anyways, I'll be at this game. Looking forward to a good time. First Bruins game this year, and only the 2nd game I've been to at the X.

Fair enough. But with that said, it's been how many years since he's had a suspension or even a fine? The league doesn't even count him as a "repeat offender" anymore. Sure he's made bad plays in the past but he learned and completely changed his game. Over the past few years he's been a model NHL'er. Meanwhile, it seems like every year Boston is involved in some sort of suspension/diving/whatever drama on the ice and yet Bruins fans somehow still have the gall to call Cooke a cheap player. Like, maybe look at your own players for a second or two (cough, Marchand).

In the past I would absolutely agree he played cheap and made bad hits, but the last 3-4 years? C'mon let's be real, he's done nothing in that time to be deservedly called cheap and he's done everything he needed to do in order to earn his way back into respectful standing in the league. Granted I understand the human aspect of people being unable or unwilling to forgive despite someone's best efforts to earn it.

P.S. Not singling you out as this type of person, I know there are plenty of good Boston fans out there, I'm just saying on the whole it seems like I encounter A LOT of Bruins fans who simply make me feel dumber for having listened to them when it comes to them defending their team's every action while ruthlessly attacking other players/teams throughout the league.

EDIT: ALSO, to keep the thread on track......... I am going to go against my gut and predict a Wild win tonight. I like the way Bryz is playing and the guys look comfortable playing a good structured defense in front of him. I think our depth with be tested against Boston, a team that always seems to roll four good lines at you.

However I'm still going to say Bryz is the difference in the end and we survive 2-1.
Goals from ChAHlie Coyle and Cookie.
Boston goal from Krejci
Bryz with a big 31 save effort

Last edited:

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Fair enough. But with that said, it's been how many years since he's had a suspension or even a fine? The league doesn't even count him as a "repeat offender" anymore. Sure he's made bad plays in the past but he learned and completely changed his game. Over the past few years he's been a model NHL'er. Meanwhile, it seems like every year Boston is involved in some sort of suspension/diving/whatever drama on the ice and yet Bruins fans somehow still have the gall to call Cooke a cheap player. Like, maybe look at your own players for a second or two (cough, Marchand).

Oh I definitely acknowledge he's cleaned his game up. But you can't blame Bruins fans for not liking him despite that he's turned over a new leaf.

And this perception that Boston is dirty/cheap bothers me. Do they toe the line? Yup. They're a tough team. But if we're going to use suspensions/fines as a benchmark, let's take a look.

This year the Bruins have 1. The 15 gamer from Thornton. NO excuse for it and you won't find me defending it. The only thing I'll say in his defense is that the punishment was drastic when compared with the Nolan suspension. (That's another thread entirely.

And last year? 1 as well, a 1 game suspension for Ference's hit to the head.

I'm not saying they're squeaky clean...but to insinuate they're a bunch of thugs is hyperbole.

Back to the game, Boston always has problems with Minnesota for some reason. But they always seem to win when I go to games, haha. They're something like 17-3-1 when I attend.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Just to let you know, not all Bruin fans feel that way. I'm one that doesn't. There's a decent portion of us that are so freaking tired of the old, tired Cooke narrative. It just so happens a vocal minority always makes an appearance. They did it in Pittsburgh games last year and it's Wild games this year. As always, don't let a vocal few color an entire fan base.

As far as the actual game (that I'd much rather talk about, trust me), unsure if Iginla plays tonight. He sat out the last game with what Julien termed "maintenance" and he didn't practice yesterday....but CJ also said he could play if it was a playoff matchup. I wouldn't be surprised if he sits, in which case you'll see Loui Eriksson on the first line.

Unsure as of yet which goalie starts, whomever skates off first at the end of AM skate usually gets the start.

I always cheer for a Bruin win but would have no problem seeing the boyhood team win and clinch a playoff spot.

Enjoy the game, folks.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
When we lost our North Stars, my team then became the Boston Bruins. These games are always my favorite of the year as I do whatever I can to watch every game for both teams. That being said I'm a Wild fan first and foremost so I hope we put the boot heel to the throat and keep pressing. Would love to clinch 7th tonight to let Suter and Co. take some time off and see guys like Folin play.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I feel like no matter what happens today, I'll feel better if Iginla stays off the scoresheet. Even in the other conference, that dude cannot not score goals against us.

Let's get at least a point and lock up the playoffs tonight! :yo:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm expecting them to take this game by the horns before the 1st even starts. They know what it means to get the W.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Yeah, Iginla and Joe Thornton have always been Wild killers. Oshie is now in that territory now as well. If Iginla tries to pull any ****, as much as I like him, I hope someone reenacts raged Rinaldo. Ha.

As far as the Cooke did-he-change-or-did-he-not discussion, as always, squeaky wheels get the grease. No matter what he has done, what he's doing or what he does in the future, we're going to hear the same song and dance over and over again. Ought to be used to it by now, I'd say.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If Cooke ended say Parise's career you'd be hating on him every, single, chance you got. In fact, I remember when he joined your team, MANY of you were not happy. So keep that in mind while you think about how we "still hate Cooke". I'm a big Wild fan, other than my B's, I go Hawks & Avs, followed by the Wild. You've got a good team. Fun to watch as well. Funny to see Bryz dominating. Crazy bastid can play, eh? Ride that for as long as you can!

anyways, here's hoping to a good clean game, and good luck! :)

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
I like him, but I think Bruins, Ottawa and others fans have every right to still be pissed about Cooke.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I'm liking our clinching scenarios for tonight, we have a total of 3 different scenarios involving us, Phoenix and Dallas.

"The Wild would clinch a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they get at least one point against the Boston Bruins OR if Phoenix Coyotes lose to the Columbus Blue Jackets in any fashion or defeat the Blue Jackets in a shootout OR if the Dallas Stars lose to the Nashville Predators in any fashion."

I had no idea about the Stars losing would get us in, and I had no idea that Phoenix needing to lose in any fashion would get us in either.

Tonight is the night boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad