-Eichel and his amazing goal
-Risto looked like a true top-4 guy
-McCabe looked strong on D
-The goal song is starting to grow on me

Bad
-Ennis
-Johnson's lateral movement

Ugly
-Nothing much...but RJ's "Yeichel" is kinda annoying.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Top-Tier:
Eichel's goal. That was special.

G:
2nd period minus Ennis' D-zone overhandle
OReilly,Girgensons,Larsson are likely to be staples here.
Mark Pysyk

B:
Johnson's rebound control gave them some chances they didn't bury.
Leaving Johansen free on 2 PPs.

U:
Franson's slow, and it's scary.

Larsson does so many good things out there, but he had the primary assist on Saad's goal and Hartnell was his man on the 2nd. Hard to put him in the 'G'. Not saying he was deserving of bad. But I am sure he wanted both of those plays back and would not consider this game was of his better games.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Good: Eichel, ROR, Our PP.

Bad: After looking at the overhead review of their 2nd, not sure I blame CJ too much. He went to cover with his glove and it hit a CBJ stick and squirted out, then Larsson swept it right to Saad. Yes, he does need to control his rebounds better, but, I don't blame him as much as others.
Ennis. Shoot the damn puck with a screen!
CBJ They didn't look good at all today. Such a change from last year. Off to a bad start.

Ugly: Lemmy Kilmister

Side note: My wife promised to start watching hockey with me, finally. What a great time to have her start watching. She was screaming when we scored! :yo:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Larsson does so many good things out there, but he had the primary assist on Saad's goal and Hartnell was his man on the 2nd. Hard to put him in the 'G'. Not saying he was deserving of bad. But I am sure he wanted both of those plays back and would not consider this game was of his better games.

Don't forget Gorges's lack of awareness of where the puck was. That whole play he lost sight of the puck.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

I wasn't at all impressed with Larsson today.

There was a play, on the far wall, where he had a chance to get to the puck along the boards, with a Columbus player, and he pulled up, looking like he clearly wanted nothing to do with the physicality of the play at hand.

I've witnessed much better out of him.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
It's just a harmless observation and players were laughing about it. So relax. Vogl isn't that guy.

Understood. An ironic observation the flew completely over this poster's head.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
I wasn't at all impressed with Larsson today.

There was a play, on the far wall, where he had a chance to get to the puck along the boards, with a Columbus player, and he pulled up, looking like he clearly wanted nothing to do with the physicality of the play at hand.

I've witnessed much better out of him.

He led the team on giveaways today as well. I still wouldn't say he was bad, but not very Larsson like today.

Team still needs to figure out where to put Foligno IMO and what to do when Gionta is back. Moulson certainly made a case as to why he needs to remain in the top 9

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
Good:
These are turning out to be games worth watching

Bad:
Had to work so missed watching the game

Ugly:
Phone died so no twitter gifs of Eichel until I got home :(

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Understood. An ironic observation the flew completely over this poster's head.

The TBN sports guys as whole don't exactly have the best rep so I kind of get your initial reaction. :laugh:

But Vogl and Amy Moritz are the exceptions with that group

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I think most ppl know, but if this is 18 year old eichel, game in game out, 22 year old eichel will light the league on fire.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad