GDT: #03 | New York Islanders vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | Jan 24 | W 7-4

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Thank you for being the good example of a Leafs' fan. :handclap:

Just saw the hit again a bit ago and it did more than raise my eyebrow. Phaneuf is an "opportunistic dirty hitter" in my opinion; he may not always go looking for it, but if he's readying for a hit and someone does something to make themselves that extra bit more vulnerable, he'll use more follow through, almost as if he recognizes that it could be called a "hockey play."

Regardless, cheers - still much more hockey to be played. Hopefully some of those "fans" over on your board get their rabies shots and realize that tonight was an end result of a difference in effort and that even the Islanders deserve respect. :)

Thanks dude! Phaneuf has a tendeceny to go for the head, seen him do it numerous times, but on the other hand though not everyone is the same size though so its hard to line a guy up properly. However what I have issue with is hitting Tavares from behind, not a huge fan of T's but I cannot stand players being hit from behind its just all around dangerous and cowardly, I really hope the league suspends Phaneuf for a few games.

I said this in the leafs pregame thread on our board, I had a funny feeling the leafs would come in cocky and underestimate the islanders after walking all over Pittsburgh. The leafs came out swininging in the 1st but just as I suspected cockiness set in for the 2nd half and as a result the leafs got burned! The isle may suck in a lot of areas BUT they have firepower upfront and arent afraid to use it, I really hope the leafs learn a lesson and that is never underestimate any team in this league going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad