Post-Game Talk: 02/17/2013 | Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Looks like Kreider will get another shot. Hopefully this is the time he will turn it on and stay here for good.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Looks like Kreider will get another shot. Hopefully this is the time he will turn it on and stay here for good.

Knowing Torts, he will dump Kreider on the 4th line with Asham and Halpern. Instead, Boyle will be playing with Miller and completely wasting him. Then when Powe is healthy, he will send Kreider back down.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Richards looked very good tonight I thought. Much more involved in the play, no dumb passes.

He was inconsistent. But he wasn't a complete black hole like the previous game. Still not good enough imo. His decision making is still questionable atm. Hopefully, this is a sign he has turned a corner a bit.

But I won't say until after a couple more games.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Not really. Powe out, Kreider in. Thing is, it actually gets faster. Other thing is, the defensive coverage gets worse, and we lose a top PKer.

I'd expect Kreider to slide right in on the fourth line Tuesday night, assuming Powe can't go.

I'd actually prefer Ferriero being in and have Kreider play in Connecticut.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Knowing Torts, he will dump Kreider on the 4th line with Asham and Halpern. Instead, Boyle will be playing with Miller and completely wasting him. Then when Powe is healthy, he will send Kreider back down.

Bingo. Unless Kreider makes him keep him in the lineup. Perhaps him and Halpern together can utilize their speed.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I still think torts was very impatient with kreider. yes i understand its a short season but the kid didnt cost the anytimt during his stint. i admit he didnt play nearly as good as we all think he can be but he has had good games

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I still think torts was very impatient with kreider. yes i understand its a short season but the kid didnt cost the anytimt during his stint. i admit he didnt play nearly as good as we all think he can be but he has had good games

Its all new to him too..he will learn with experience..

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Boyle played excellent again tonight.

I thought he was physical and had brief moments of good board play(mainly in the first).

Then as the game progressed, the same old Brian Boyle who can't create any meaningful offense showed back up.

Boyle was pretty bad on the pk, at times, tonight. Hank was the difference imo.

Doesn't matter, Torts loves the guy. He brings jam.

So much Jam that he can't keep his balance.

Kershaw

He's doing nothing out there, thus costing the team.

Kershaw

I thought he was physical and had brief moments of good board play(mainly in the first).

Then as the game progressed, the same old Brian Boyle who can't create any meaningful offense showed back up.

Yes, loves him so much that he scratched him 3 games for inferior players like Miller and Kreider. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012

He was ok i guess. Boyle seem to be one of those smark kind of players who has fans who always claim Boyle doesnt get enough credit. I agree Torts loves the guy so there is some favoritism

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Marian Gaborik needs to pick it up. He looks like he's giving a half-hearted effort. I think if he does, Richards will look better, too. Otherwise, team looked real sharp. Could've been a real blow-out, they completely dominated after the first few minutes, and they didn't collapse when they got scored on early.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Secondary scoring FTW!!!

Still awake. Too psyched to go to sleep haha. 55 minutes of domination! If only we could score a bit more. Defensively we were very solid.

3 stars:

- Hagelin
- Lundqvist
- Callahan

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
He was ok i guess. Boyle seem to be one of those smark kind of players who has fans who always claim Boyle doesnt get enough credit. I agree Torts loves the guy so there is some favoritism

Torts loves the character/intangible guys(is there any other reason Bickel is on this team?!)

Unfortunately, that is pretty much most of the defining aspects of Boyle.

Course, if Torts actually uses his brain and puts Boyle as 4th line wing; I will eat a shoe.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Marian Gaborik needs to pick it up. He looks like he's giving a half-hearted effort. I think if he does, Richards will look better, too. Otherwise, team looked real sharp. Could've been a real blow-out, they completely dominated after the first few minutes, and they didn't collapse when they got scored on early.

Honestly, Marian has looked the best not playing with Richards and back on the right side. At this point, they should at least try putting Cally on the left side.

If Gabs is playing the right at least its easier for Richards to dish the puck to him.

Kershaw

JT Miller has been awful outside of the first 2 games. Good thing we used up the SPC.

Send him down, call up Mashinter , Palmieri or Haley.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
JT Miller has been awful outside of the first 2 games. Good thing we used up the SPC.

Send him down, call up Mashinter , Palmieri or Haley.

I think he needs to go back to playing center personally. The only game he really struggled, in that position, was Boston.

Then he was moved to wing and looks uncomfortable at times.

But, like Ansimov, Torts wants a guy that can be utilized in either position. Even if he is 19, and a natural center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad