GDT: 02/11/23 Avalanche @ Panthers 4:00PM MST (Emergency GDT!)

Pick the 3 to survive. Never again tasting the last.

• Total voters

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
At this point I am convinced Bednar legitimately believes MacDermid can be a 3rd pairing defender if he needs.

There is no reason for him to be playing. He is horrific. It is game after game after game where he is not only on the ice for goals against but is a major reason why the goals are happening by losing coverage, being slow or turning pucks over.
I think he's been fine regarding expectations. Has played 4th most games of the D during an injuries cursed season. And gives an element into the game that no one else in the roster give + is obviously very liked in the locker room. Who are you putting on the ice for the next game instead of him?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think he's been fine regarding expectations. Has played 4th most games of the D during an injuries cursed season. And gives an element into the game that no one else in the roster give + is obviously very liked in the locker room. Who are you putting on the ice for the next game instead of him?
Toews - Girard
Byram - EJ
Englund - Hunt

Easy. MacDermid is trash, he can't skate, can't defend, is too slow to hit, loses his man all the time and doesn't fight anyone or deter anything.

Expectations are NHL caliber player. He is not that. He is hardly AHL caliber.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Toews - Girard
Byram - EJ
Englund - Hunt

Easy. MacDermid is trash, he can't skate, can't defend, is too slow to hit, loses his man all the time and doesn't fight anyone or deter anything.

Expectations are NHL caliber player. He is not that. He is hardly AHL caliber.
EJ is injured. How does Hunt clearly separate himself from MacD. A hater is going to hate I guess lol.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nice and a profound argument :laugh:. Ok I'm out of this silliness.

Ok then guy....What does MacDermid do on the ice that actually makes him better then Hunt?

Is it his 0 goals and 4 point in 30 games this year compared to Hunts 3G and 6 points in 27 games? Or could it be the the 7:45 of ice time MacDermid averages a game, compared to the 11:30 Hunt averages? Clearly the coach actually does trust Hunt more then MacDermid when they're both in the lineup.

Maybe its that enforcer presence that MacDermid brings to the table. He's done such a great job keeping all of our players healthy this year. Nobody even dares to take a cheap shot at any of our superstars with MacDermid on the ice and his 4 huge fights this year.

Right? I mean what an excellent player MacDermid is. He does so much to keep our players safe and healthy. You can count on one hand the number of injuries we've had this year.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Ok then guy....What does MacDermid do on the ice that actually makes him better then Hunt?

Is it his 0 goals and 4 point in 30 games this year compared to Hunts 3G and 6 points in 27 games? Or could it be the the 7:45 of ice time MacDermid averages a game, compared to the 11:30 Hunt averages? Clearly the coach actually does trust Hunt more then MacDermid when they're both in the lineup.

Maybe its that enforcer presence that MacDermid brings to the table. He's done such a great job keeping all of our players healthy this year. Nobody even dares to take a cheap shot at any of our superstars with MacDermid on the ice and his 4 huge fights this year.

Right? I mean what an excellent player MacDermid is. He does so much to keep our players safe and healthy. You can count on one hand the number of injuries we've had this year.
Watch the games. He has his flaws, but there is a reason he is the player that has played 4th most of the games in an an injury plagued season. He will not be in the lineup, when Avs are fully healthy, but he is one piece that has kept the boat afloat, while being broken. Hunt is a small career AHL player - maybe a trade piece to get someone. MacD has been much better than expected this season and I am pretty sure that Bednar knows pretty much more about hockey than you fantasy GM's do...

• Haha
Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Watch the games. He has his flaws, but there is a reason he is the player that has played 4th most of the games in an an injury plagued season. He will not be in the lineup, when Avs are fully healthy, but he is one piece that has kept the boat afloat, while being broken. Hunt is a small career AHL player - maybe a trade piece to get someone. MacD has been much better than expected this season and I am pretty sure that Bednar knows pretty much more about hockey than you fantasy GM's do...

So you criticize everyone else for having "nice and profound arguments" and the best you can come up with is "watch the games"

Quite amazing honestly.

Bednar refuses the play the guy more then ~5 minutes a night the majority of the time. When Hunt and MacDermid are both playing, Hunt plays more.

You do realize Hunt being sent on waivers and sent down isn't Bednar's decision right? Surely it doesn't take being a "Fantasty GM" to understand that concept?

Reactions: The Moops

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think I have ever read anything worse than this.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
I don't think I have ever read anything worse than this.
What a nice and a profound argument, with a lot of reasonable argumentation behind it. :laugh:. MacD is going to be in the lineup next game and Let's hope for an Avs win. Nobody cares about what you children think about him. He's been an important piece in this injury hell.

Last edited:

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I don't care what MacDermid does in games, he brought "Do you like milkshakes?" into my life and so his number should end up in the rafters. I love the dude. He can do no wrong in my eyes. Even if he shot the puck into his own net, every game.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Watch the games. He has his flaws, but there is reason he is the player that has played 4th most of the games in an an injury plagued season. He will not be in the lineup, when Avs are fully healthy, but he is one piece that has kept the boat afloat, while being broken. Hunt is a small career AHL player - maybe a trade piece to get someone. MacD has been much better than expected this season and I am pretty sure that Bednar knows pretty much more about hockey than you fantasy GM's do...
I have been. I don’t know how a single person thinks he’s even remotely close to NHL quality.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What a nice and a profound argument, with a lot of reasonable argumentation behind it. :laugh:. MacD is going to be in the lineup next game and Let's hope for an Avs win. Nobody cares about what you children think about him. He's been an important piece in this injury hell.
The only child here is you with this weird MacDermid fascination.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
I have been. I don’t know how a single person thinks he’s even remotely close to NHL quality.
He has 206 career games in NHL and 4th most game in Avs D this season. I'd say that easily qualifies as an NHL player. He won't be in the roster when Avs are fully healthy, but he has brought some value to the team this season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He has 206 career games in NHL and 4th most game in Avs D this season. I'd say that easily qualifies as an NHL player. He won't be in the roster when Avs are fully healthy, but he has brought some value to the team this season.
He’s brought nothing to the table this year. He isn’t deterring. He isn’t fighting or policing therefore he’s playing. Which is hardly a step above one of us.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The roles of enforcers are just so overblown today. This isn't the 80s or 90s where you could just have a goon squad take care of a few guys. They really only fight the other team's goon and mostly skate around being terrible.

The guys who really make an impact are the goon types that can actually play ala Tom Wilson. A guy who legit strikes fear in any fighter in the league, yet can still skate, make massive hits, and put up points.

The main reason MacDermid has played a lot of games is that he doesn't get injured on a team with a bunch of injuries.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Marc-Andre Cliche had 151 games in the NHL for the Avs. I don't think anyone on earth besides Patrick Roy believes he was ever an NHL caliber player.

The same applies for MacDermid.

Reactions: Nihiliste

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yea, HFBoards knows better than Stanley Cup winning coach. Ok.
Nobody is saying they know more than Bednar.... but this appeal just doesn't make sense. Jon Cooper has won 2 Cups and been to 2 other finals in 9 full seasons. That guy still willingly throws out Maroon for every game he can.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sushi, on average, is by far the worst of the three. At its best it would compete with taco's best... but at its worst, it tends to be completely unpalatable. With the quality at most places, the bad sushi far outweighs the good sushi and drags down the average quite a bit. Even bad tacos, bacon, and donuts are still good.
Seafood is probably the easiest thing to poison yourself with too.

That's why you go to all-you-can-eat sushi restaurants like Sushi Katsu.
Or you just develop an iron stomach like a dog. 🤣

I can't vote in that though, love Seafood, hate Sushi.

...Also for f*** sakes not everyone makes their pork belly into meat crackers. That's a preference, or lack of cooking skills.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00