GDT: 02/11/23 Avalanche @ Panthers 4:00PM MST (Emergency GDT!)

Pick the 3 to survive. Never again tasting the last.

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Missed a lot of this game but saw the highlights and what not.

Yeah that 2nd FLA goal was a bad one by Georgie to give up but my God, MacDermid with the completely nonexistent defense letting him into the zone with speed and all the room in the world to aim that shot with ease. WWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY is Bednar still playing him at D!!!?????

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Yeah that 2nd FLA goal was a bad one by Georgie to give up but my God, MacDermid with the completely nonexistent defense letting him into the zone with speed and all the room in the world to aim that shot with ease. WWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY is Bednar still playing him at D!!!?????
At this point I am convinced Bednar legitimately believes MacDermid can be a 3rd pairing defender if he needs.

There is no reason for him to be playing. He is horrific. It is game after game after game where he is not only on the ice for goals against but is a major reason why the goals are happening by losing coverage, being slow or turning pucks over.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia

The stupidity of Girard on that rush was main reason for a goal against.

I have one thing to say about Newhook. He is not the player we need. My god, in a electric game like this where everybody needs to step up, he plays this passive uninterested low energy game. That is a major red flag, no heart at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azrael89

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The stupidity of Girard on that rush was main reason for a goal against.

I have one thing to say about Newhook. He is not the player we need. My god, in a electric game like this where everybody needs to step up, he plays this passive uninterested low energy game. That is a major red flag, no heart at all.

It’s actually stunning how mediocre he is. Can’t wait to pay him 3-4 million next year.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Was at the game last night with my son for his first live game and had a good time. It had some good pace, some nice goals, and that fight which got him excited.

I haven't watched a lot of the games this year due to work.

Nuke looks like a totally different player than what we saw the last couple seasons - the hockey sense is still there but his skating isn't strong enough to allow him to forecheck as effectively.

Byram made some bad gaffes but also seemed to be very dynamic and seemed to read the play very well offensively, knowing when to pinch and contribute.

Englund and Hunt seemed like decent depth players.

JTC played well, a long way from when he was our whipping boy and I was calling him a 4RW.

Cogs, LOC, Nieto, all looked fine as far depth players go.

Newhook looked useless out there.

Occasionally I'd see Malgin skating out there with his 81 jersey bunched up on his back and do a double take that it said 91. Really miss having Kadri on this team.

The fight really pumped up the stadium and the Panthers quickly responded with those two goals. Then the next shift out it was still incredibly loud and when Mack came out you could tell immediately that he really wanted to send a message and turn the tide and he did it right away. Helped generate that 3rd goal, draw the PP for the 4th and then that beauty shot. Amazing response from him.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I can’t believe this thread is still going and it’s mostly about the poll:DD

So much hate for sushi. Maybe change that option to wonder bread for all the white people.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Sushi would honestly be one of the very last foods I'd be willing to go without.

Good quality Sushi is absolutely sensational.

Sushi is irrationally expensive. Good luck living off that shit. You'd have to remortgage your house and probably sell one of your kids.

It’s actually kind of counter intuitive, but some of the best sushi I have had was very affordable. Fresh, high quality food made by someone who invested their life into making sushi.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bo with about as up and down a game as you can find. Some defensive miscues, but also some really nice defensive plays, some nice blocked shots, his usual outstanding transition game, and setup some nice chances in the O zone, including Toews goal.

I'd much rather him play aggressive and make a couple mistakes when coming back after a lengthy layoff, than his usual overly safe game when he comes back, which tends to take a little too long to break out of.

That way when he settles in (hopefully soon) he'll carry that confidence and aggressive play with him and play the outstanding two way hockey he's capable of.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sushi, on average, is by far the worst of the three. At its best it would compete with taco's best... but at its worst, it tends to be completely unpalatable. With the quality at most places, the bad sushi far outweighs the good sushi and drags down the average quite a bit. Even bad tacos, bacon, and donuts are still good.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
HOT TAKE: American bacon is trash. Come at me.

As a Brit, I grew up on bacon that actually resembles meat, and not a smokey, crisp rectangle. I would happily never again ever eat American bacon.

1676305860206.png

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
HOT TAKE: American bacon is trash. Come at me.

As a Brit, I grew up on bacon that actually resembles meat, and not a smokey, crisp rectangle. I would happily never again ever eat American bacon.

Completely different cuts of meat with completely different fat contents. American bacon is from the belly which is long and thin... and full of fat. Where British bacon is from the loin and has more muscle, but far less fat. Everyone has their own preferences, but the only similarity they really share is being named bacon.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Completely different cuts of meat with completely different fat contents. American bacon is from the belly which is long and thin... and full of fat. Where British bacon is from the loin and has more muscle, but far less fat. Everyone has their own preferences, but the only similarity they really share is being named bacon.
Oh I know, but what sucks is you can't seem to get british style loin bacon here, or at least not anywhere I've found them. But nomenclature aside, I do not like American bacon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad