GDT: #02 – Lightning at Sabres – Sat Oct 10, 1:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
Patience everybody. New coach, new system, many new players, youngest team in NHL, weak D and weak goaltending. It's going to take some time. Hopefully we get better as season goes on. Bottom 10 finish for sure and bottom 5 unless our D and goaltending improve.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Patience everybody. New coach, new system, many new players, youngest team in NHL, weak D and weak goaltending. It's going to take some time. Hopefully we get better as season goes on. Bottom 10 finish for sure and bottom 5 unless our D and goaltending improve.
Desperately need Bogo back. Best dman and strong leader

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Pens fan and Bonaventure grad here - the Sabres are "one of those teams" I follow. So sorry to see what #Bylsmagic is doing for your team. The more talented his players, the less effective of a coach he tends to be. I can tell his coaching style hasn't even remotely shifted in the year he had off. Hope your young stars can play through it, and at least Eichel is an American...

Yeah man we get it Pens fans think Bylsma sucks. He's been a good coach so far and we are happy with him. Back to the pens board you go

Clock

May 13, 2006
Not at all surprised with these outcomes given how young the team is and how many new pieces are in place, but I wish Bylsma would give the players some time to build chemistry. We can afford to be patient.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
For the people who think Reinhart is not worth a tank or is disappointing idk what to say. He has been onebof our most effective players in both games. And he still has plenty of physical improvement to come. Wish he was getting even more ice time.

You just played the best team in the east with a brand new team missing its best defender. I thought they played fairly well, without too many serious breakdowns. That Tampa team is filthy.

Last edited:

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
It's a much better team. Tampa too much at this point.

I really don't understand why McGinn - ROR - Ennis and Kane - Eichel - Girgensons didn't stay together all game.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I only got to catch the 3rd but really, to me at least, it looks like the Sabres are unsure of where they should be at certain times (several times two sabres were trying to occupy the same space causing issues)

9 new players, new coach, new system.

It's gonna take some time.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
For the people who think Reinhart is not worth a tank or is disappointing idk what to say. He has been onebof our most effective players in both games. And he still has plenty of physical improvement to come. Wish he was getting even more ice time.

You just played the best team in the east with a brand new team missing its best defender. I thought they played fairly well, without too many serious breakdowns. That Tampa team is filthy.

It's the instant gratification crowd. These are the people who can't comprehend the concept of patience when it comes to letting players develop. They want the magic pill to have the younger players be elite right off the bat, and that's not how it works. Right now for the Sabres, it's about the journey. Not the destination.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It's the instant gratification crowd. These are the people who can't comprehend the concept of patience when it comes to letting players develop. They want the magic pill to have the younger players be elite right off the bat, and that's not how it works. Right now for the Sabres, it's about the journey. Not the destination.

I mean, it's all about the destination, but we can't teleport there. It's gonna take time.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

+4 Corsi (2nd best forward today), but only 8.5 minutes at ES, and 0 ozone starts.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
+4 Corsi (2nd best forward today), but only 8.5 minutes at ES, and 0 ozone starts.

Anyone complaining about Reinhart must have their head screwed on backwards. He's at the bottom of the list of problems on this team. And when you consider how young he is, he's a bright spot on the team, if anything. I know this joke has been said before, but we should seriously see if he can play D.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I only got to catch the 3rd but really, to me at least, it looks like the Sabres are unsure of where they should be at certain times (several times two sabres were trying to occupy the same space causing issues)

9 new players, new coach, new system.

It's gonna take some time.

Exactly the same as the Oilers.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
So after 2 games, I've decided I would love to see Kane-Larsson-Girgensons. They've been our best forwards and I think they would compliment each other very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad