GDT: #02 – Lightning at Sabres – Sat Oct 10, 1:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Bogo is such a huge part of the team, that defense just screams for his return. They're not even playing that bad but it is what it is.

Add Bogo and that gives you a threat on the blue-line and someone who can play 25 mins per night.

That's right Dan, just keep switching Eichel's right wing as if that's the issue.

Vintage Bylsma.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
You don't turnover like HALF of a team's forwards and have it go swimmingly to start the season. It just doesn't happen. The forwards need time to gel.

Pysyk and Risto can't anchor the defensive by themselves. Cola isn't terrible, and neither is Gorges, but they're not at the level you need to be truly competitive.

we tried to warn people all off season

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Some people have no hockey IQ at all lol: missin our goalie and best dman. Thinking we are gonna be a top pick team again lol. Wait until the players start to gel.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
on one hand if Eichel and Kane find chemistry it could be the top duo in the NHL, on the other hand I dont think it has a chance of happening

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Buffalo players are clearly still learning how to play this system and how to play with each other. They keep bunching up and skating into each other's space. They are missing passes. Sometimes they don't seem to know who they're supposed to cover (or don't trust their teammate to cover and try to compensate).
This is all expected though. There are so many new players on this team. They are learning a brand new system on offense, defense and PP/PK. Add to that the lack of structure some of these players had in Buffalo the past 2 years... It's just going to take some time for everything to start syncing up.
I have faith in this coaching staff to get Buffalo back on track. You can see the flashes of what this team can be already. If and when they can play like that consistently, this is going to be a real dangerous team.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
we tried to warn people all off season

This is exactly what I expected to happen.

We're going to look like stank-butt for the first month or so while DB figures out who goes where offensively.

The injuries to Bogo and Lehner won't help.

I think we'll see the defense improve when Bogo gets back and the forwards start to improve slowly.

I think you'll see this team really start playing well in the winter months, assuming healthy.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You don't turnover like HALF of a team's forwards and have it go swimmingly to start the season. It just doesn't happen. The forwards need time to gel.

Pysyk and Risto can't anchor the defensive by themselves. Cola isn't terrible, and neither is Gorges, but they're not at the level you need to be truly competitive.

You also don't constantly switch the lines IN GAME and expect things to magically start gelling.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Pens fan and Bonaventure grad here - the Sabres are "one of those teams" I follow. So sorry to see what #Bylsmagic is doing for your team. The more talented his players, the less effective of a coach he tends to be. I can tell his coaching style hasn't even remotely shifted in the year he had off. Hope your young stars can play through it, and at least Eichel is an American...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad