GDT: #02 – Lightning at Sabres – Sat Oct 10, 1:00PM ET – MSG-B, SN

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Jack was loving that Legwand avatar haha.

I hope they do more social stuff with the team so we get to know these new guys more.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
McLellan is splitting up McDavid and Hall tonight in Nashville since both guys like to have the puck. How long before Disco Dan realizes that Eichel and Kane have the same chemistry issue?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I only could listen to the first period on my way to my afternoon appointment. The Tampa radio broadcast was impressed with the Sabres through 20 minutes as was their post-game recap.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I only could listen to the first period on my way to my afternoon appointment. The Tampa radio broadcast was impressed with the Sabres through 20 minutes as was their post-game recap.

Sabres were the better team in the first, even if the score was 1-0 after. Tampa took the game over in the second and third.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Also Bishops ability to play the puck is a huge advantage. So hard to dump the puck and gain possession
I don't get why they are dumping the puck so much. For a team that wants to be a possession team, they certainly are eager to toss the puck up for grabs.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008
It's almost like pretty charts don't play hockey

but I'm sure we'll get some more that say "POSITIVE REGRESSION IS COMING" or something

His play led to the data on the "pretty charts." It didn't magically spring up out of nowhere.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Not looking forward to a ticked off Columbus team that was robbed by Lundqvist 2 games in a row

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It's almost like pretty charts don't play hockey

but I'm sure we'll get some more that say "POSITIVE REGRESSION IS COMING" or something

What total *****...

You don't need "pretty charts" to have told you ROR is a very good player. You just need to, you know, have watched him play hockey.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
also, it's hilarious reading through the thread with everyone crucifying Bylsma after TWO GAMES because of line combos.

I don't understand what was wrong with Kane- Eichel- Girgensons after 1 that he had to break it up.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
You don't need "pretty charts" to have told you ROR is a very good player. You just need to, you know, have watched him play hockey.

His face-off skill alone is head and shoulders above anything we've had in Buffalo in years.

Whoever earlier in the thread said we are a team comprised of Ristolainen and a bunch of 5-7 guys on the blueline absolutely nailed it, even if guys like Pysyk and Weber and Cola had moments which were befitting a top 4 defenseman. For the most part as a group they struggled to make clean outlet passes, and consistently failed to keep the puck pinned in the offensive zone. Contrast that with Tampa's D which was making fast, crisp passes all day long, moving the play side to side while opening up nice shooting lanes.

We need Bogosian back and fast.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
His face-off skill alone is head and shoulders above anything we've had in Buffalo in years.

Whoever earlier in the thread said we are a team comprised of Ristolainen and a bunch of 5-7 guys on the blueline absolutely nailed it, even if guys like Pysyk and Weber and Cola had moments which were befitting a top 4 defenseman. For the most part as a group they struggled to make clean outlet passes, and consistently failed to keep the puck pinned in the offensive zone. Contrast that with Tampa's D which was making fast, crisp passes all day long, moving the play side to side while opening up nice shooting lanes.

We need Bogosian back and fast.

Not to mention he's been saddled playing with Afinogennis who looks like he's trying to set an NHL record for most turnovers to start a season, he flat out sucks right now and is a huge reason that line looks like dog crap so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad