Post-Game Talk (GBU): #01 - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly -- I Like Eich, Part One

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
He had the worst corsi on the team. The kid still has a ways to go. Give it time.

Actually, Foligno had the worst Corsi on the team.

You have a ways to go.

This Reinhart narrative you've been working since the preseason (horribly misevaluating his play)... Is so far off.

Reinhart doesn't have a "ways to go"... He's almost there.

Last edited:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Actually, Foligno had the worst Corsi on the team.

You have a ways to go.

This Reinhart narrative you've been working since the preseason (horribly misevaluating his play)... Is so far off.

Reinhart doesn't have a "ways to go"... He's almost there.

You are right. He had a slightly better corsi than Foligno, good for 2nd worst on the team. But by all means, let's continue to propagate this false notion that he was a positive standout among a bunch of scrubs.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
The only forced "narrative" so far about Reinhart on these boards is that he's excelling. Not sure how many of you who think he was "one of the best forwards" were actually in the building last night, but he was his usual underwhelming self. And don't give me the "he makes the small heady plays that no one notices" because I am the type that appreciates those things. He does some nice things, but... What I notice more is that he still gets thrown all over the ice and falls down like a baby deer with his legs folding out.

@Jame- "he's almost there" not even close, at all, period.

Oh and Larsson was our best player through 2 periods and it wasn't even close.

Hoffman was the best player on the ice all night and it wasn't close.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I think we're almost saying the same thing. In a roundabout way I am implying the MRE line should have been broken up. Reinhart could have slotted in somewhere on the second line.

We probably are, just trying to come up with some kind for excuse for Bylsma for WHY he DIDN'T separate that MRE line. :laugh:

I fully agree Reinhart should have been tried on the ROR line, he was with everyone else. He would've brought more to the line than what Matt does. But for some reason, the line that probably produced the least, was the only line not touched.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The only forced "narrative" so far about Reinhart on these boards is that he's excelling. Not sure how many of you who think he was "one of the best forwards" were actually in the building last night, but he was his usual underwhelming self. And don't give me the "he makes the small heady plays that no one notices" because I am the type that appreciates those things. He does some nice things, but... What I notice more is that he still gets thrown all over the ice and falls down like a baby deer with his legs folding out.

@Jame- "he's almost there" not even close, at all, period.

Oh and Larsson was our best player through 2 periods and it wasn't even close.

Hoffman was the best player on the ice all night and it wasn't close.

I'll give you the "he makes plays that you don't notice", because that is the truth for Everyone who holds your opinion

Getting knocked down by Jared Cowen once... :rolleyes:

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Getting knocked down by Jared Cowen once... :rolleyes:

Well yeah that one was very bad, he looked like a child. I wish I had the time and access to go back and look. There were at least 3 other occasions where he fell down in a manner that looked completely out of place in pro hockey.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Well yeah that one was very bad, he looked like a child. I wish I had the time and access to go back and look. There were at least 3 other occasions where he fell down in a manner that looked completely out of place in pro hockey.

I noticed he had a hard time staying on his skates last night as well.

I don't think he played bad last night... but I also don't see the "he was our best forward through 2 periods last night either" ..

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

Go back and look at what he did after he got knocked down. He went into the corner and won a puck battle. I'm not sure him getting knocked down even mattered.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Yes, and him being knocked down the ways he was being knocked down, can be attributed to having a lack of strength. Something that I don't think anybody is saying he's got enough of. I think when Jame(correct me if I'm wrong) says that he's almost there, he means this.

He's not showing any signs of being afraid of mucking it up in the corners or to the front of the net, he's making nice simple plays to get plays started, or covering a guy who is attempting to break out of their zone. He did miss on a nice pass attempt from Eichel by being a little late to the spot.

Otherwise, he's showing signs of a rookie who is ready for the NHL, but may be on the weaker side when it comes to strength.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Well yeah that one was very bad, he looked like a child.

He looked like any other NHL player of relative size getting stepped into by a 6'5" 240 lb monster.

I wish I had the time and access to go back and look. There were at least 3 other occasions where he fell down in a manner that looked completely out of place in pro hockey.

I am glad you don't have the time to serenade us with more BS.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yes, and him being knocked down the ways he was being knocked down, can be attributed to having a lack of strength. Something that I don't think anybody is saying he's got enough of. I think when Jame(correct me if I'm wrong) says that he's almost there, he means this.

He's not showing any signs of being afraid of mucking it up in the corners or to the front of the net, he's making nice simple plays to get plays started, or covering a guy who is attempting to break out of their zone. He did miss on a nice pass attempt from Eichel by being a little late to the spot.

Otherwise, he's showing signs of a rookie who is ready for the NHL, but may be on the weaker side when it comes to strength.

He's almost there in terms of timing/speed of the game. He's almost there in terms of being a franchise talent, breaking in at 20 yrs old. He's almost there in terms of "we are talking weeks, not years".

His functional hockey strength isn't of any concern. Players get knocked down. It's ****ing Hockey. He's 20.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
His functional hockey strength isn't of any concern. Players get knocked down. It's ****ing Hockey. He's 20.

Right...players get knocked down in hockey. Which is why it is concerning that it's so noticeable how often he ends up on his knees. It's very unflattering for him to skate next to Eichel, they're polar opposites in terms of strength and athleticism.

Last edited by a moderator:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
He's almost there in terms of timing/speed of the game. He's almost there in terms of being a franchise talent, breaking in at 20 yrs old. He's almost there in terms of "we are talking weeks, not years".

Players get knocked down like that as often as Reinhart does because they do not have a good sense of time and space. Saying he's "almost there" is more typical eye-roll worthy Jame-babble that means nothing, because it's impossible to know. What is certain is that he won't figure it out without playing in Buffalo.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Right...players get knocked down in hockey. Which is why it is concerning that it's so noticeable how often he ends up on his knees.

No, it's not concerning. It's something that hangs in the mind of fans who only notice splash events on the ice

Last edited:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Players get knocked down like that as often as Reinhart does because they do not have a good sense of time and space. Saying he's "almost there" is more typical eye-roll worthy Jame-babble that means nothing, because it's impossible to know. What is certain is that he won't figure it out without playing in Buffalo.

speaking of babble

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Does the players Time on Ice count?
Do All shots taken/stopped/blocked get removed from the stats?

What happens if you draw a penalty and score with the 6th skater on the ice, is the penalty nullified also?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The team as a whole had a pretty bad Corsi through the first two periods and a very good Corsi in the third. Reinhart barely played in the third. I think his Corsi likely reflects that as much as anything else.

I was going to make the same point, but felt more like avoiding "yea, we played better in the 3rd because Reinhart was on the bench".:laugh:

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
About 7minutes into the third, Johnson had lost his goalie stick (Hoffman pushed it to the boards with his stick...isn't this a penalty?). Reinhart got the puck in the corner with time, and instead of icing it or getting it deep, he turned it over just outside the Buffalo blue line, which led to a good chance for Ottawa. I don't think he saw the ice again. Maybe Bylsma was making a point....

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
About 7minutes into the third, Johnson had lost his goalie stick (Hoffman pushed it to the boards with his stick...isn't this a penalty?). Reinhart got the puck in the corner with time, and instead of icing it or getting it deep, he turned it over just outside the Buffalo blue line, which led to a good chance for Ottawa. I don't think he saw the ice again. Maybe Bylsma was making a point....

... and rightfully so.

although, I'd point out he saved a goal on that shift (deflecting the pass over the net), and did skate the puck out of the zone on the turnover (he wasn't supported because Franson went back to get Johnson's stick for him)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Of course if the Sens had scored that wouldn't be reviewable in the interest of "getting it right"...

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

I know, right. Look at this guy getting nocked down. What a terrible player.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I know, right. Look at this guy getting nocked down. What a terrible player.

:shakehead

Every player gets hit. Reinhart gets hit once a period. Nobody is saying that he isn't a good prospect, we're just saying that he's not ready to play winning hockey at an NHL level yet and the narrative that he was the best player on the ice last night is pretty, uh, questionable. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad