GDT: 01/31/17 - Wild @ Oilers - 8 PM CT / 4 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm also fine with Kuemper's game, except for that delay of game. Thought he looked sharp. That Haula line is starting to,look a bit like the Koivu line. Fast, creative, dangerous. Parise is starting to look fast again, Poms doesn't suck, and Haula is holding it all together defensively with a bit of offensive game thrown in for good measure. As an opponent, you gotta be wondering who the hell to stop.

If Schroeder could get his act together then even the fourth line would be scary. His speed opens things up.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
He's been leaving lots of rebounds, but for the most part, has kept his head in the game tonight.

I see it as him leaving hand grenades in front of the crease and our defense just doing a good job clearing them and tying guys up.

Is that because I have already decided he is "bad" and look for reasons to validate that opinion or do the shots hes seeing just happen to be difficult to handle cleanly.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I see it as him leaving hand grenades in front of the crease and our defense just doing a good job clearing them and tying guys up.

Is that because I have already decided he is "bad" and look for reasons to validate that opinion or do the shots hes seeing just happen to be difficult to handle cleanly.

I agree with you. Kuemper still has a rebound problem, but the Wild played their own zone to near perfection tonight.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I agree with you. Kuemper still has a rebound problem, but the Wild played their own zone to near perfection tonight.

Agreed.

Very few mistakes by Scandella - Dumba.

Reilly had a quiet night, which is good.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Near the end the Oilers were just throwing everything into feet at the front of the net.

Made it stressful but defense did a good job and I can't remember any shots coming after the initial toss to the front.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
This game was a clinic by the Wild.

Come here to say this

So much strong play in all four lines. Could easily be 7 goals without Nino misses

It feels so weird to have such a good team, like... every game :laugh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wouldn't call any game where you give up 43 shots a clinic. Most weren't high danger shots, but with Kemp's rebound issues those are dangerous.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wouldn't call any game where you give up 43 shots a clinic. Most weren't high danger shots, but with Kemp's rebound issues those are dangerous.

The only danger the way the Wild played was Kuemper, but he was making the initial save thus there was no danger.

Yes, even with all their shots, it was a clinic.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dumba with 8 seconds more ToI than Suter, Scandella with more than a minute over Spurgeon... Anyone call that tonight?

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The score altered the style of play, not sure its fair to use sog as evidence to how the game went.

Wild controlled the 1st and came out with a 2-0 lead, Oilers cheated for offense the rest of the game trying to catch up and we scored 3 more.

We came out on top in both games within that game 2-0 in the 1st, and 3-2 in the 2nd and 3rd.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Wild might have the advantage over the Flames tomorrow night. They have their legs under them and Flames coming off their break might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad