GDT: 01/30/14 - Wild @ Avalanche - 8 PM CT/4 AM SUOMI - FSN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Tough when you spot a team 2 goals (Kuemps bad goal and Brodz OG). Frustrating loss.

Nice to see St. Parise heating up. I'd really like to see him on a P/G pace.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Nobody was begging for that line to be put together all season long to begin with like this one.

This was something most, if not all of us knew would work for a very long time, yet Yeo would never even TRY it.

I still see this as an overreaction no different than with the other lines that have been hot for a while. If it doesn't stick, then it won't, just like with most lines. We'll see how things go from here. So far it's one period and lots of things work for one period.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i know the Ducks own rights to it, but we have our own PPG line.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Roy seems to use JLs strategy a little bit. Speed kills when trapping a lot, Avs remind me of the wild team that sent Roy to retirement.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Roy seems to use JLs strategy a little bit. Speed kills when trapping a lot, Avs remind me of the wild team that sent Roy to retirement.

Except the goal that sent him to retirement was by two of the slowest skaters to ever wear a Wild sweater in Zholtok and Bruno. :sarcasm:

That line rush looked like it was in slow motion at regular speed! :laugh:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I still see this as an overreaction no different than with the other lines that have been hot for a while. If it doesn't stick, then it won't, just like with most lines. We'll see how things go from here. So far it's one period and lots of things work for one period.

rational thought. wasted, i'm afraid. Yeo'll keep these guys intact as long as they're producing, then give them a couple cold games before the switcheroo. I don't think you can argue that a Nino-Koivu-whoever(coyle) line will be exactly nerfed. Give Koivu's line all the Dzone draws, let Granlund line have the O. Granny and Pomms have the chemistry. Parise scores at roughly the same rate everywhere and everywhen he's been.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm not even that mad at the Stastny offsides no-call. Yeah, it was offsides, but it was close enough and we still had an opportunity to play defense. Win some, lose some.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
PominvilleGoal1302014.gif

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
Except the goal that sent him to retirement was by two of the slowest skaters to ever wear a Wild sweater in Zholtok and Bruno. :sarcasm:

That line rush looked like it was in slow motion at regular speed! :laugh:

True. But, those things got the Wild back into that series.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
rational thought. wasted, i'm afraid. Yeo'll keep these guys intact as long as they're producing, then give them a couple cold games before the switcheroo. I don't think you can argue that a Nino-Koivu-whoever(coyle) line will be exactly nerfed. Give Koivu's line all the Dzone draws, let Granlund line have the O. Granny and Pomms have the chemistry. Parise scores at roughly the same rate everywhere and everywhen he's been.

I don't understand the whole 'Koivu is a shutdown center' concept. I want two offensive lines, not wasting 2-3 of our top 6 forwards for pure defense. I don't see it as sensible use of our assets at all. If Brodziak can't cut it as a shutdown center, you get rid of him and try to find someone else to do it (obviously would have to wait until next season). Give them the most difficult match ups, split most of offensive zone starts between the top lines.

I agree with you on keeping Granlund and Pominville together and that when Parise's on a hot streak, he will still be on a hot streak on another line just as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Parise raises other players level of play... Koivu does as well. Parise though does not raise Koivu's level and neither does Koivu raise Parise's level.

Thus why they should be separated to raise the level of the MAXIMUM amount of players by having them on different lines.

Parise obviousley elevates Granlund and Pominville.

Let Koivu elevate Nino and someone else... be it Coyle or Heatley or Zucker etc.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Parise raises other players level of play... Koivu does as well. Parise though does not raise Koivu's level and neither does Koivu raise Parise's level.

Thus why they should be separated to raise the level of the MAXIMUM amount of players by having them on different lines.

Let Koivu elevate Nino and someone else... be it Coyle or Heatley or Zucker etc.

this x a million.

I wish you could convince Mr. Yeo of your beautiful logic.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Huh?! Stick those three together and it works? Never would've thought. Thanks, Yeo! Must've been the battle level of those three.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011

This! Koivu over the years as show that he is the carrier of the line, and when playing with "not-elite" players their levels raises.

Koivu - Nino - Heater

space321

May 11, 2011
Tough loss. But it was a really good game to watch. Glad I didn't turn it off in the 2nd, the 3rd period was amazing.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Aparently Stastney was injured last night. Does anyone remember when this happened?

I didn't see anything, or don't remember.

There was a collision between him and two Wild players, IIRC.

I never saw a replay, and only caught the last half of the hit live, but from what I saw it looked like just a wrong place, wrong time instance of 3 people colliding. I didn't see a hit thrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad