GDT: 01/30/14 - Wild @ Avalanche - 8 PM CT/4 AM SUOMI - FSN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Random fact: despite an utter collapse all but sealing the game before he was put in, somehow Bad-Luck Backstrom ends up with yet another loss on the books.
I'd feel bad for the guy, but Harding use to get quite a few losses in games where Backstrom crapped the bed. It's all evening out. ;)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Random fact: despite an utter collapse all but sealing the game before he was put in, somehow Bad-Luck Backstrom ends up with yet another loss on the books.

OR, or, good luck Kuemper was saved from having a loss on his record for a game that he could not win?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Remember when that happened to Harding all the time? Guess what goes around, comes around once in a while? :sarcasm:

J22*

No. Scandella pinched in, D's are allowed to do that, you know. That just means the other D HAS TO stay back and play it safe. Ballard, instead of staying back and allowing a 2-on-1, went for a high risk play that basically resulted in a 2-on-0 and a goal.

Watch it again, Scandella stands at the faceoff dot and watches Ballard try to defend a 3 on 1. Ballard even steals the puck just outside the blueline, dumps it back up the boards only to have 1 of the 3 Avs players grab it and throw it to Mackinnon. Scandella didnt take 1 hard stride the whole way back.

You can question Ballards decision to step up in the first place, but he did enough to slow the Avs down where it shouldnt have ended up 2 on 0.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Does anyone think the result may have been different tonight if Koivu were there?

I feel that he could have maybe not been a great offensive threat, but broken up the rushes of the Duchene line.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Watch it again, Scandella stands at the faceoff dot and watches Ballard try to defend a 3 on 1. Ballard even steals the puck just outside the blueline, dumps it back up the boards only to have 1 of the 3 Avs players grab it and throw it to Mackinnon. Scandella didnt take 1 hard stride the whole way back.

You can question Ballards decision to step up in the first place, but he did enough to slow the Avs down where it shouldnt have ended up 2 on 0.

Yeah, when you give up a 2 on 0, it's very rarely only one of the defenders fault.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Does anyone think the result may have been different tonight if Koivu were there?

I feel that he could have maybe not been a great offensive threat, but broken up the rushes of the Duchene line.
Yeah. Because the Parise/Granlund/Pom line wouldn't have existed. We would have probably lost 4-1.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Nope. Because the Parise/Granlund/Pom line wouldn't have existed. We would have probably lost 4-1.

Exactly this! Yeo finally was pushed into doing it due to the lack of Koivu and needing to come back down from far behind. Now he's done it and we need the line to get established before Mikko comes back...

If Mikko comes back next game, Parise will be right back on his wing, if he comes back in 2 games, Parise will never leave Granlund's wing again, as another game should cement it even in Yeo's mind!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Yeah. Because the Parise/Granlund/Pom line wouldn't have existed. We would have probably lost 4-1.

Or maybe the Avs wouldn't have gotten a 3-goal lead. Impossible to know, but I'm not going to overreact in any way based on one period of play. A couple of weeks ago we had another 'unbreakable' line IIRC because they played well together for a few games. Nobody probably remembers them anymore.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Or maybe the Avs wouldn't have gotten a 3-goal lead. Impossible to know, but I'm not going to overreact in any way based on one period of play. A couple of weeks ago we had another 'unbreakable' line IIRC because they played well together for a few games. Nobody probably remembers them anymore.

Nobody was begging for that line to be put together all season long to begin with like this one.

This was something most, if not all of us knew would work for a very long time, yet Yeo would never even TRY it.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

Exactly this! Yeo finally was pushed into doing it due to the lack of Koivu and needing to come back down from far behind. Now he's done it and we need the line to get established before Mikko comes back...

If Mikko comes back next game, Parise will be right back on his wing, if he comes back in 2 games, Parise will never leave Granlund's wing again, as another game should cement it even in Yeo's mind!

I would like to see Koivu lead a shutdown line of some sort. A skilled 3rd line would be a way to describe it.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
At least Phoenix and Dallas both lost tonight. Didn't watch the game, was at work. Yes. I'm happy we came back. I love the new top line.

Still hate Brodziak. Not watching the game and reading the comments I can tell he had Another bad game. Am I surprised? No, that's the Brodziak we all know and love. He is so lucky he is decent at faceoffs because that is what is keeping him in the lineup IMO. He brings nothing to the table.

Moving forward we have 3 winnable games before the Olympics. If we can get 5/6 pts that would be huge. Tampa Bay will give us a good test but I would love going into the break with a good feeling with this team.

MNhockey19

Jul 10, 2011
Minnesota
avs goal.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad