GDT: 01/19/17 - Coyotes @ Wild - 7 PM CT / 3 AM Finland - FS-N - Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Way too close against a bad team ... but we'll take a win! Nino was an absolute beast and I love the new lines.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Doesn't matter if you're offside by an inch or by 10 feet, illegal is illegal.

The lines are a hardline rule. This isn't "close to onside so it's onside" this is "you are either onside or offside, period".

If you're not going to respect the line and it's purpose, than why have it at all?

Sorry... I cannot agree with your analysis. The line and it's function is very black and white and it DOES matter BY RULE.

Basically I just hate the challenge in general. Simple as that.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
Yes and no. If Koivu was offside by an inch, it doesn't affect a thing in this case. Missed call by the book, yes. But honestly, there's so many times where it just doesn't matter.

I see not liking the nit picking but the line is there for a reason. If you give an inch where does it stop? Well then its two inches and someone will say it's just an inch past the inch.
So that's why you just leave it as the line is the line

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Good teams find a way to grind those ones out. Back on track after the loss last night. Now come out and pound the Ducks on Hockey Day.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yikes.

Coyotes announcers saying this was one of their best games of the year.

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
Is it me or do we seem to always get hemmed in the d zone. I know Wild keeps things to the premeter but i am not feeling good about possession numbers

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I see not liking the nit picking but the line is there for a reason. If you give an inch where does it stop? Well then its two inches and someone will say it's just an inch past the inch.
So that's why you just leave it as the line is the line

I'm not saying you let it go intentionally. The refs still call it when they see it. It's just the challenges are so dumb sometimes. Whatever. Clearly I'm in the minority and it's not going away any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad