GDT: 01/17/17 - Devils @ Wild - 7 PM CT / 3 O'clock! AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Bad luck all around: garbage team steals some meaningless points and injures one out top guys
If you're talking about Brodin, I think it was possibly a puck (shot) that injured him...not the shove to the ice at the end of the 1st period. Could be wrong though. He started the 2nd.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Parise/Haula/Pommer looked decent when they tried it for a game a couple months ago. Then sent Parise up to the Staal line the next game.

I think Brodin being out hurt the d-corps tonight (duh statement). He's the one that's usually out there playing with everyone else. Today it was everyone plays with everyone. Almost wonder if they should have gone Suter/Dumba, Scandella/Spurgeon, Suter/Folin rotation. I didn't like the Spurgeon/Dumba pair at all, their defensive games don't compliment each other well.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Well, that was a ****** game. Great start, two absolutely beautiful goals. They had possession and scoring chances. Maybe tried to be too cute few times. Then mistakes, bounces, too easy goals, Brodin hurt.. the 3rd was lifeless. Ok, Haula scored, but still. Crowd went silent, the game felt and looked terrible.

Nino and Spurgeon were really good. Coyle is missing in action, Haula had that goal but I don't know. Is he out of shape still? Half-assing? Looks lost in the offensive end. He's a black haul between Nino and whoever. He's not the human missile, fierce back-checker and timely scorer he used to be.

E: Yes please, give Staal to Nino and Coyle. Let Parise and Haula keep losing the pucks together. They're still decent defensively. Even Pommer has been quite lively recently. Those guys will be fine as a shutout and dump and (maybe even) chase line.

Last edited:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
But in the end, while this stings, it was only a one game. Not worrying too much. Although winning is much more fun,

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
As long as he managed to stay healthy last night Brodin was a superstar. Just fantastic. After that we saw a glimpse of something and it did not look good.

Hugart

Dec 23, 2016
I just learned if the home team doesn't win home fans should boo
I'm with you on this one. I don't think you ever should boo your own team, i would never do it. Sure, I understand you can be disappointed when your team plays like **** but maybe it's better to cheer them on then.

And people say you should get value for your money? When you bought that ticket you knew damn well that the game can go in any direction. It's not a rigged Italian soccer game where you know the outcome. It's hockey, and hockey fans should stand on their teams side even in bad times.

I don't know what it is with all this damn booing all the time. Boo the other team. Boo the ref. Boo when it's penalty shot. Boo that player who switched team 10 years ago. Heck, why not boo my own team, it's so much fun... It's ridiculous.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
To be fair, with tickets costing as much as they do here**, fans do at least deserve a team that comes out with some life. That 3rd period was brutal. Shades of Mike Yeo.

**For a lot of games, it would actually be cheaper for me to fly to a different city and cheer for the Wild there.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i would only boo my team if i thought they showed no effort. we blew a 2G lead to a bottom fisher team thanks to our #1 goalie having an off night. if we lose again to the phx i'll have a meltdown.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
i would only boo my team if i thought they showed no effort. we blew a 2G lead to a bottom fisher team thanks to our #1 goalie having an off night. if we lose again to the phx i'll have a meltdown.

Please, don't. :)

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
To be fair, with tickets costing as much as they do here**, fans do at least deserve a team that comes out with some life. That 3rd period was brutal. Shades of Mike Yeo.

**For a lot of games, it would actually be cheaper for me to fly to a different city and cheer for the Wild there.

To watch the Wild....in a suite....in Dallas was $94/ticket.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The way they finished that game AFTER already blowing the lead... they played with a lot of stupidity... even BB commented how dumb the team played down the stretch. The Fans recognized it and let the team have it.

No problem with that.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The way they finished that game AFTER already blowing the lead... they played with a lot of stupidity... even BB commented how dumb the team played down the stretch. The Fans recognized it and let the team have it.

No problem with that.

I expect no less of educated pro sports fans in the US. At the heart of everything these athletes are paid entertainers. If the performance isn't good they should hear that from the people that paid money to attend. I really do feel bad for the fans when it might be the only game they see in-person all year.

I'll mindless cheer at my daughters U10 team, no matter the score, or how they are playing. Just focus on the positives for the kids. Same as I'll clap for whatever halfway decent bar band I happen to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad