Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
C2UX7kQUAAMK_NY.jpg:large

DEVILS (18-18-9) at WILD (28-9-5)

8 p.m. ET; FS-N, FS-WI, MSG+, NHL.TV

NHL.com preview

Devils team scope

Goaltender Cory Schneider will start for the New Jersey Devils in the finale of a four-game road trip. Schneider made 21 saves in 2-1 overtime win against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. Forward Taylor Hall scored the game-winning goal, extending his point streak to three games (one goal, two assists). The Devils have consecutive wins and are 2-0-1 on this trip. "I think they've played two really great games," coach John Hynes said. "I think most times what you want to evaluate your team is on quality of play and not necessarily just the end results … for us it was about getting the quality of play back to a standard that can allow us to be competitive in games and we feel like on this road trip we've done that." Forward Sergey Kalinin will be a healthy scratch for the second straight game. Kalinin missed the Devils' 2-1 win at the Calgary Flames on Friday with a lower-body injury sustained against the Edmonton Oilers the night before. He was available Sunday but was scratched from New Jersey's win in Vancouver, with Blake Coleman taking his place.

Wild team scope

The Minnesota Wild have won four in a row and are 17-1-1 in their past 19 games. They have a two-point lead for first place in the Western Conference following a 3-2 come-from-behind road win against the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, but coach Bruce Boudreau said he's not worried about finishing first. "I've [been in first place in the Conference] and still get yelled at for not winning the playoffs," Boudreau said. "I want to make the playoffs. Our second season starts there. Our goal is to be the best every time we step onto the ice … if we're not first in the West, it's not going to hurt us. We just want to make the playoffs." Minnesota has won nine of their last 10 games at Xcel Energy Center, outscoring opponents 40-17, and is 14-4-0 at home. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk will start; he is 14-1-0 in his past 15 starts, allowing 29 goals.

Devils projected lineup

Taylor Hall -- Adam Henrique -- PA Parenteau

Michael Cammalleri -- Travis Zajac -- Kyle Palmieri

Pavel Zacha -- Jacob Josefson -- Beau Bennett

Miles Wood - Blake Coleman -- Devante Smith-Pelly

Jon Merrill -- Ben Lovejoy

Kyle Quincey -- Damon Severson

Karl Stollery -- Steven Santini

Cory Schneider

Keith Kinkaid

Scratched: Luke Gazdic, Seth Helgeson, Sergey Kalinin

Injured: John Moore (concussion), Vernon Fiddler (lower body), Andy Greene (wrist), Yohann Auvitu (lower body)

Wild projected lineup

Zach Parise -- Eric Staal -- Charlie Coyle

Jason Zucker -- Mikko Koivu -- Mikael Granlund

Nino Niederreiter -- Erik Haula -- Jason Pominville

Chris Stewart -- Tyler Graovac -- Jordan Schroeder

Ryan Suter -- Jared Spurgeon

Jonas Brodin -- Matt Dumba

Marco Scandella -- Christian Folin

Devan Dubnyk

Darcy Kuemper

Scratched: Nate Prosser

Injured: Victor Bartley (arm)

Status report

Greene (seven games) and Fiddler (10 games) skated Tuesday morning but aren't ready to return. "I think they know their bodies, they know how they need to feel to play," Hynes said. "I think when they're ready it's both a combination of how the player feels and what the medical diagnosis is … It's making sure they have the right practice time they need to give them the best chance to be ready to play."

Who's hot

Zajac has three points (one goal, two assists) in a three-game point streak … Staal has 21 points (nine goals, 12 assists) in the past 16 games and at least one point in 14 of those 16. Dumba has five points (two goals, three assists) in the past four games. … Koivu has 12 points (five goals, seven assists) in the past 10 games. … Suter has four points (one goal, three assists) in a three-game point streak. Granlund has four assists for four points in a three-game point streak.

Last years game @ the X which I thought started the swoon. The X was DEAD just hours after Walsh's missed FG. Coming off a big win in Dallas. Weird EH.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Since the Wild and Devils are still considered trap teams coached by Jacques Lemaire, I figured this tweet was appropriate for this game:

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
This game worries me.

We've been beating top-notch playoff caliber teams lately. New Jersey is 18-18-9 and in 13th in the East.

Home game against a somewhat bad team? Could easily be a game where the boys come into the game thinking its an easy "W."

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Something tells me that BB will be reminding the team what happened last time these two teams met. We still might lose, but i doubt it. I'm hoping for a beatdown.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I hope we play better than we did in CHI. for some reason I feel like the devils and islanders always give us a run for our money.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Wow what's going on with Cory Schneider this season? 91.00% sv
Hes been crap, along with the rest of our team (though he has sort of snapped out of it the past 3 games). I could see this being a tight 2-1, OT or SO type of game. If Parise scores I will cry. :(

Quax28

Oct 22, 2015
As much as I' hyped about how the Wild have being playing, being a Minnesota fan I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and the a large group of injuries are in coming. With our luck in MN it will prob happen right before the playoffs.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Devils @ Wild? Where's the trap? I was told there would be trapping and snoring.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Devils @ Wild? Where's the trap? I was told there would be trapping and snoring.

I believe when both teams have a Lemaire trap as their system, they cancel each other out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg