GDT: 01/14/17 - Wild @ Stars - 7 PM CT / 4 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Pominville, on the other hand...ewww... If Tuch or some other young( or not so young ) buck wants to come up from Iowa and be a hero I'm all for it.

I'm with you. When was the last time Pominville actually hit the net. I thought he was Cal Clutterbuck for a while tonight. Remember ol' Cal streaking up the wing, not looking to pass then blasting a slapper about a foot wide to end the possession?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I'd honestly just waive Kuemper...bring up Stalock and eat the money. No one will claim him which means no one will trade for him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Honestly, I think Dubnyk gives up 2-4 of those goals.

Yeah, but his play leading up to them might have prevented the other two from even forming as well though... Kuemper's rebounds are his own worst enemy. Both in terms of allowing second chance opportunities for the opponent, and in terms of allowing extended zone possession time for the opponent.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, but his play leading up to them might have prevented the other two from even forming as well though... Kuemper's rebounds are his own worst enemy. Both in terms of allowing second chance opportunities for the opponent, and in terms of allowing extended zone possession time for the opponent.

Only 1 was on a rebound though...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Only 1 was on a rebound though...

The question is (seriously - a question since I only listened to most of the game on the radio since I'm at work), how many were off of extended zone possession time for the Stars because he gave up a rebound, instead of being able to freeze the puck like Duuuubs?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It does feel a bit unsustainable. We've had just one regulation loss in 18 games. That's beyond crazy. Meanwhile, the Jackets are struggling a bit after their streak was snapped.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It does feel a bit unsustainable. We've had just one regulation loss in 18 games. That's beyond crazy. Meanwhile, the Jackets are struggling a bit after their streak was snapped.

The Wild are a more rounded team than they are overall. They overly rely on Bob... hence why he's played 34 of 41 games. Duuuubs - as good as he's been, doesn't have to carry our team as much. Though it is always an adventure when Kuemper is in net. Would be nice to find a more capable backup, but at least Dubnyk isn't in a situation where he has to play 15 out of 16 games all the time like Bob does in Columbus.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The question is (seriously - a question since I only listened to most of the game on the radio since I'm at work), how many were off of extended zone possession time for the Stars because he gave up a rebound, instead of being able to freeze the puck like Duuuubs?

Just the 3rd one. First two were rushes and the 4th was a screened/deflected point-shot on a PP.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Parise had two quality chances tonight including a breakaway. What is up with Zach? Him and pommer are snake bitten

I think the way the breakaway happened put Zach in a spot where his skills are weakest.

He isn't the best when he needs to beat the goalie on a clean shot from a reasonable distance. He is better in traffic and in the blue paint.

I'm not positive I'm remembering correctly but even his shootout goals tend to happen when he can get in really close rather than a shot from the middle/bottom of the circles.

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
I think the way the breakaway happened put Zach in a spot where his skills are weakest.

He isn't the best when he needs to beat the goalie on a clean shot from a reasonable distance. He is better in traffic and in the blue paint.

I'm not positive I'm remembering correctly but even his shootout goals tend to happen when he can get in really close rather than a shot from the middle/bottom of the circles.

You probably right. He seems his confidence isn't where it needs to be. I know Parise is more of a hard working, net front, and scores from dirty areas most of the time.

Good thing Staal didn't pass it to him on that 2 on 1.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd honestly just waive Kuemper...bring up Stalock and eat the money. No one will claim him which means no one will trade for him.

Actually, i'd give Michalek a look first. Stalock is no prize.

I think our big TDL move may be another goalie.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
http://www.nhl.com/stats/leaders

NHL leaders in +/-

1. Ryan Suter-MINN
2.Jason Zucker-MINN
3.Jared Spurgen-MINN
4. Mikeal Grunlund-MINN
5. Mikko Koivu-MINN
Unsustainable%20Wild_zpszqgcbmbu.jpg

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Missed the game because of beer, but seems like Kuemper was doing Kuemper things.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Niemi's GAA in this game: 44.81 :laugh:

I like it, but my fantasy team doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad