GDT: 01/14/17 - Wild @ Stars - 7 PM CT / 4 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Zucker enjoys those little scrums and cheap shots. You can see it on his face. :laugh:

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I really enjoy seeing Seguin, Benn, Roussel, and everyone in a Stars jersey pout like a *****. I hate that team so much.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Well, that was ugly. Wild have to play WAY smarter.

That goal at the end of the 1st was terrible.

It started as a clear 5 on 2, the entire Stars flew out of the zone.

I thought maybe it would prevent the Wild from relaxing but didn't work out that way.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Woof - ugly win. Don't like how sloppy the Wild have been recently. Won't win many giving up 4. Still, I'll take the 2 points. First in the Central!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not all on Kuemper tonight, but damn. We can't wear Dubs out. I feel like it's time to consider a different backup.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Woof - ugly win. Don't like how sloppy the Wild have been recently. Won't win many giving up 4. Still, I'll take the 2 points. First in the Central!

It was a typical Darcy Kuemper game.

You have to assume going into it that you will need a minimum of 5 goals to win when he's in net.

Also... First in the WEST! ;)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Man has zucker honed his defensive game

Yeah, he's been great. A legit top sixer. Love his heart.

Pominville, on the other hand...ewww... If Tuch or some other young( or not so young ) buck wants to come up from Iowa and be a hero I'm all for it.

Interesting that Dumba and Scandella was out there at the end. He had one fumble that led to a chance against, but he was otherwise pretty good. Koivu is a rock out there.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Gorg has a giant head. And he just said "unheardable."

Last edited:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Kuemper just inspires no confidence. Once they score one goal on him you know they'll score 2-3 more.

Yeah... two of them, he had almost no chance. The other two... ouch.

But yeah. I really wonder at this point if he's one of these guys who can be an AHL allstar, but doesn't have the right mental stuff for the NHL. It's like he's not quite good enough to be a starter, but gets psyched out way too damned easily to be a backup, too.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Actually, per that stat they showed near the end of the game, they win more than 50% of games in which they allow more than 4 :laugh:

I know - I was thinking of that when I posted. Can't possibly be sustainable though. Maybe I've just been watching this team too long but I'm waaaay more comfortable with a nice 2-1 or 3-1 win. 5-4 is too much for my old ticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad