GDT: 01/14/17 - Wild @ Stars - 7 PM CT / 4 AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
cut.jpg

NHL.com said:
The Minnesota Wild will step back inside divisional play this weekend when it plays the first of back-to-back games against Central Division rivals on Saturday versus the Dallas Stars.

The Wild has not played a game against a division foe since a 3-2 overtime win over the Nashville Predators on Dec. 27 and has played just four games against the Central since the beginning of December. Minnesota has won all four of those games.

The American Airlines Center has been a tough place for the Wild over the years. Minnesota dropped a 3-2 decision here back in November in its only trip of the season to Texas and will return here again in a little more than a week to play its third and final matchup of the regular season at this site.

Minnesota is 7-17-8 all time in games played in Dallas.

The Wild is coming off arguably its most impressive victory of the campaign, a 7-1 win over the Atlantic Division-leading Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night at Xcel Energy Center.

Minnesota limited Montreal to 21 shots on goal and kept the Canadiens off the scoreboard until the final seconds of regulation, when Tomas Plekanec buried a rebound with 8.5 seconds left. The goal came on one of Montreal's four scoring chances in the game, as charted by the Wild coaching staff.

Parise - Staal - Coyle
Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
Niederreiter - Haula - Pominville
Stewart - Graovac - Schroeder

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Folin
Scandella - Dumba

Dubnyk​

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Any confirmation that Dubnyk is in net tonight? With the back to back I would think we go with Kuemper tonight and Dubs against the Hawks.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Tonight's plan:

Beer and poker with a few friends
Wild win

I've had worse saturday nights.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I didn't realize Benn (not the good Benn) was second in d-man scoring for them at 12 points.

NHL.com preview has them at 27 players on their roster.

Wonder if Gabriel will play tonight? He didn't do bad against them in the Playoffs, and maybe he gets into with Roussel.

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
I didn't realize Benn (not the good Benn) was second in d-man scoring for them at 12 points.

NHL.com preview has them at 27 players on their roster.

Wonder if Gabriel will play tonight? He didn't do bad against them in the Playoffs, and maybe he gets into with Roussel.

Gabe should definitely play to run Rousel through the boards.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Get the two points and move on to important game Sunday against Blackhawks.

These are the games we always seem to lose.

Underestimate Dallas because we're preparing for Chicago. Both games are worth 2 points. Hope we come prepared tonight.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bah, just got told by the wife I'm taking her to see the 3 Elvises tonight. Guess it's another DVR game. =(

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
These are the games we always seem to lose.

Underestimate Dallas because we're preparing for Chicago. Both games are worth 2 points. Hope we come prepared tonight.

Great anti-jinx post!!

Trust in BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad