Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
[nhl]531906[/nhl]

Scrivens did this tonight. Maybe he should have been the 1st star :laugh:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Granlund played great. Kid can skate much much much better than the past.

Nino...gamer. He loves the game. He's happy he's here, you can tell.

Kuemp's....let's see a couple more games from you. You don't need to play THAT good but you a few more challenges will give me more confidence in you. Good win.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
UuYbaEf.gif

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011
Ballard did not take a shift after 11 minutes into the second... injured or dog house?

He has been playing like ****.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2014-articles/january/wild-vs-silly-kings.html

I am sure I'm not the only one that did not expect to see that. Kuemper gave the team a chance to win and that's what they did. Hopefully they can follow this up with another good effort in Phoenix (knock on wood). I have a full game recap plus an Iowa Wild update as well as a prospect report that features Gilmour, Lucia, Olofsson, Labbe and Dumba.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Sigh. Really needed to not give the Kings a point tonight.

(Not that they really deserved to even get to OT.)

Well, the way I see it, right now we are chasing three teams: Vancouver, Phoenix, and Colorado. Our best bet for getting into the playoffs is to be better than Phoenix, or possibly Vancouver. Somehow I just don't see the Kings tumbling back down to wild card territory.

This is brilliant.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
[nhl]531906[/nhl]

Scrivens did this tonight. Maybe he should have been the 1st star :laugh:

He had a long eerie stare later on as well. Creepy as ****. I guess someone spiked his gatorade.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Something not-so-surprising.

Top-3 points per 60 minutes of gametime players of the Wild:
Nino, 1.76
Granlundistan, 1.73
Pommersville, 1.68

Top-3 individual Fenwick value:
Koivu 115
Pommers 109
Parise 108

Top-3 individual Corsi value
Koivu 150 (a lot better than anyone else)
Pommers 138
Parise 135

Also, in shots/60mins, Zucker is shooting more than Parise. Zucker has some really decent stats when converted to these stat/60mins categories.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy

Nino, 1.76
Granlundistan, 1.73
Pommersville, 1.68

Koivu 115
Pommers 109
Parise 108

Pommers 138
Parise 135

Also, in shots/60mins, Zucker is shooting more than Parise. Zucker has some really decent stats when converted to these stat/60mins categories.

Music to the ears of a Zuckerlover.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Well, the way I see it, right now we are chasing three teams: Vancouver, Phoenix, and Colorado. Our best bet for getting into the playoffs is to be better than Phoenix, or possibly Vancouver. Somehow I just don't see the Kings tumbling back down to wild card territory.

Current Playoff Situation:
Central Division (Only 3rd and down - 3rd is an auto qualifier)
3) COLO +14 (Means Wins-Losses=14. This accounts for unequal numbers of games played)
4) MINN +6
5) DAL +5

Pacific
3) LA +13
4) VAN +10
5) PHX +9

Catching Colorado or LA is a LLLOONNNGGG chase and likely impossible (now if they had gone 3-3 instead of 0-6 recently.......).

To qualify, Wild must finish ahead of 2 of DAL, VAN, PHX. Best first step to that: Beat PHX in regulation on Thursday.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I haven't been a fan of Kuemper at all but boy did he play really well. I thought that was his first quality game in the NHL. Looking at Iowa, he's one of the top goalies in that league but has zero goal support because the prospects are so thin down there, so he is not getting wins.

Let's see...the team was atrocious for the first half of the game getting absolutely shelled. I think they miss Spurgeon more than Koivu. They couldn't break the puck out at all. They couldn't even clear the zone.

It looked to me like the ice was terrible. Pucks bouncing and jumping around constantly. Scandella trying to clear the puck twice and it's just bouncing and spinning, rebounds kicked right up to the point but the puck bounces over the stick, yikes. Garbage ice.

Was really impressed by the top line on Nino-Granlund-Pominville. They did what Parise-Koivu-Coyle couldn't do, which is to possess the puck with a purpose. Not just playing on the boards and jamming away at pucks in the crease, but draw defenders out of lanes, skate through the middle of the ice, and get good shots on net. Hopefully the future coach takes note of their play and they pick up some good habits which will spread to the rest of the skill guys.

Brodziak was atrocious. I can't believe how much he dropped off the last two years. Just horrific play. If they had any more centers, he'd be sitting down.

Oddly I really liked Veilleux's game. I've liked it ever since he was called up. I think he fits that role perfectly, has a great attitude, and comes cheap.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

Nino, 1.76
Granlundistan, 1.73
Pommersville, 1.68

Koivu 115
Pommers 109
Parise 108

Pommers 138
Parise 135

I think what I want to see from Koivu is him paired with two offensive minded players who don't play along the boards. Maybe the lack of offense (given the shots and attempts and zone time) on Koivu's line stems from guys like Parise and Coyle who play too much along the boards.

I'd like to see:

Parise - Granlund - Pomminville
Nino - Koivu - Zucker

As the top six. I don't want Koivu playing on the boards anymore, it's as old as Bouchard curling into the wall. I want to see him supporting the breakout and getting the puck to his wingers who shoot with a purpose. I don't want to see Parise banging pucks from the side of the net anymore, but actually making and finishing hockey plays.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I haven't been a fan of Kuemper at all but boy did he play really well. I thought that was his first quality game in the NHL. Looking at Iowa, he's one of the top goalies in that league but has zero goal support because the prospects are so thin down there, so he is not getting wins.

Let's see...the team was atrocious for the first half of the game getting absolutely shelled. I think they miss Spurgeon more than Koivu. They couldn't break the puck out at all. They couldn't even clear the zone.

It looked to me like the ice was terrible. Pucks bouncing and jumping around constantly. Scandella trying to clear the puck twice and it's just bouncing and spinning, rebounds kicked right up to the point but the puck bounces over the stick, yikes. Garbage ice.

Was really impressed by the top line on Nino-Granlund-Pominville. They did what Parise-Koivu-Coyle couldn't do, which is to possess the puck with a purpose. Not just playing on the boards and jamming away at pucks in the crease, but draw defenders out of lanes, skate through the middle of the ice, and get good shots on net. Hopefully the future coach takes note of their play and they pick up some good habits which will spread to the rest of the skill guys.

Brodziak was atrocious. I can't believe how much he dropped off the last two years. Just horrific play. If they had any more centers, he'd be sitting down.

Oddly I really liked Veilleux's game. I've liked it ever since he was called up. I think he fits that role perfectly, has a great attitude, and comes cheap.

Brodziak and Ballard were god awful last night. I agree with you that Spurgeon will be missed greatly. Honestly I hope we try Blum against PHX because Ballard was so damn bad last night.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I Have feeling Ballard won't play next game. Even they we got outshoot I feel like we got this four points after having better games against the caps and kings at the beginning of the season.

651*

Kuemper was the game changer. Single handed got us the win last night.

Brodziak is a disgrace. Get the $9M contract after his best season and hit the lotto with that three year $9M into his pockets. Can't stand him.

He had a long eerie stare later on as well. Creepy as ****. I guess someone spiked his gatorade.

I saw that as well. I wouldn't call it "creepy" but it was funny.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
He definetly did it intentionally so I guess he was just being/trying to be funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad