Post-Game Talk: 0-for-5 on the PP and the last 5 games, Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Just got home from the game, fire Lauer tonight that PP is embarrassing, no excuse for it to be as horrible as it is. I like Scheifele but that was stupid for him to drop the gloves and fight, if he just grabs the Vegas player instead of flying in with his gloves already off we would have had a 5 minute PP and he would have still been in the game. Very frustrating night and i had to deal with 2 obnoxious Vegas fans all game. :mad:
That Elvis looking guy with the big chain clock needed to be kicked in the balls.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Bettman should offer Chipman $200 million to allow the Jets to move to Atlanta and take back the Coyotes. Doan will then lead the Jets to the SC.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Love them, cherish them, and live at least a thousand kilometres from them. With two high performance parents and two overachieving sisters, it's difficult being the family failure. The impulse to study in Manitoba has taught me a lot about myself and lead to a lot of growth (despite my terrible cooking).

I'd be delighted to stay here but I'm the wrong race for academic opportunities in Manitoba so I'll probably head back to the coast around July or August. This leads to a lot of frustrating and angry conversations with the BF so that's a topic we've agreed not to open any more.

And then there's my deep attachment to the Jets that I've grown over the past two years. I hate to think what happens to that when I score a position in B.C.
Don’t worry there lots of Jet fans in BC your first Jets game at Rogers arena you will find out.

Last edited:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Jets post break last year: 14-14-2
Jets post break this year: 14-11-1

Vancouver and Boston have similar records and Vegas is worse.

Bowness said this team is different this year, no way it happens again.

This team was an absolute powerhouse before the break. We added Monahan and Toffoli and now we can't score a goal.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Convocation is June 4th. Got my M.A. a few weeks ago when I passed my oral. Dad and Mom and sister will be here for a few days.

Dad will celebrate (he's Italian and celebrates everything), Mom will have a terse smile (dour Scot) and remind me of my "wasted years" and the best mentors to approach for my PhD. My sister will want to talk hockey so I'm hoping the Canucks have done a crash and burn before then.
Chances are excellent the Jets and Canucks will be golfing by June 4th. That's not even a knock against either team, just reality.

What did you major in?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

This team was an absolute powerhouse before the break. We added Monahan and Toffoli and now we can't score a goal.
These last 3 games with any puck luck the Jets win these. I would not worry about it ... the effort is there.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

yeah this is kind of why i was not super warm w/ the Monahan deal. the fwd lineup through december, well notably during december, was great & productive. you add 2 new players in the top-6 and the team still hasn't found a Fwd combo to provide consistent offense (since Feb 6th the Jets are 26th in 5v5 GF/60).

Reactions: hn777 and Buffdog

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Don’t worry there lots of Jet fans in BC your first Jets game at Rogers arena you will find out.
I can't attend games, sorry, but I appreciate the sentiment. But while I'm sure there are thousands of Jets fans in the lower mainland, I've been musing about what it would be like for me. I won't pretend that I'm marked for life as a Jets fan but I can't see myself cheering for any other team soon, even the one I grew up with. Of course, if a uni or college in Manitoba wants to hire an instructor who's not diverse, I wouldn't have this problem.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Chances are excellent the Jets and Canucks will be golfing by June 4th. That's not even a knock against either team, just reality.

What did you major in?
I have an M.A. in English. Which means I write and possibly speak much better than about 90% of all my other fellow unemployed arts graduates.

I don't expect either of our two teams to be playing in June, but it's likely that the termination of their seasons and the order of their demise will be sufficiently fresh as to fuel a lot of needling back and forth. Especially if the Jets last longer than Dad's team.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Too funny here on the west coast.
Canucks lose 3-2 to Kings and 3-1 to Stars and at intermission the talking heads are blaming the Canucks PP ... lol they went 0-2 and 0-3 in the 2 losses.
Today on social the Canucks' power play is getting toasted. I wonder what they would say about 5 losses and 0-17 PP ... riot?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I have an M.A. in English. Which means I write and possibly speak much better than about 90% of all my other fellow unemployed arts graduates.

I don't expect either of our two teams to be playing in June, but it's likely that the termination of their seasons and the order of their demise will be sufficiently fresh as to fuel a lot of needling back and forth. Especially if the Jets last longer than Dad's team.
Are there employment opportunities in the private sector? Or pretty much limited to academia?

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Too funny here on the west coast.
Canucks lose 3-2 to Kings and 3-1 to Stars and at intermission the talking heads are blaming the Canucks PP ... lol they went 0-2 and 0-3 in the 2 losses.
Today on social the Canucks' power play is getting toasted. I wonder what they would say about 5 losses and 0-17 PP ... riot?
I'll spare you all the drivel I read on my baby sister's FB page today but one quote stands out:

"Our PP has gone bad, to rotten, to awful and now stinks. Any worse and it will be Jets-quality."

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Are there employment opportunities in the private sector? Or pretty much limited to academia?
There's lots of opportunities in Manitoba and the BF trots out every one for me, but I'd like to stay in the academic area. That leads to a lot of fights which I hate, and not just because they postpone sex for at least an hour. My plan is to apply like crazy for any appointment anywhere, except Alberta, and hope I get a nibble by Canada Day. I've agreed to tell my roomie by then if I play to vacate on July 31st. The BF is pushing for me to move in with him but I'm not making that mistake again.

There's so many new and more exciting mistakes I can still make!

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I can't attend games, sorry, but I appreciate the sentiment. But while I'm sure there are thousands of Jets fans in the lower mainland, I've been musing about what it would be like for me. I won't pretend that I'm marked for life as a Jets fan but I can't see myself cheering for any other team soon, even the one I grew up with. Of course, if a uni or college in Manitoba wants to hire an instructor who's not diverse, I wouldn't have this problem.
Isn't it hard to get a good academic job anywhere in Canada without a PhD?
Second question, which I only ask because you have shared it previously and, I think, just very subtly just alluded to it: Isn't there a hearing challenge you deal with? In my academic neck of the woods, that counts for diversity and inclusion as well, as it should.

Last edited:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Isn't it hard to get a good academic job anywhere in Canada without a PHD?
Second question, which I only ask because you have shared it previously and, I think, just very subtly just alluded to it: Isn't there a hearing challenge you deal with? In my academic neck of the woods, that counts as diversity and inclusion as well, as it should.
There are a lot of instructor positions available at the Masters level, mostly because PhD's are expensive to hire and academia in general is facing a cash crunch. Unfortunately, there's thousands of unemployed Masters graduates.

I do have a major hearing problem from my childhood meningitis and I also have excellent tech riding on my ears that gives me good hearing, as long as I protect it. I'm not subtle about telling people about it, especially at events like pool parties or canoe trips or anywhere that boys think it's fun to push girls into water. I would never use my fragile ears to improve my diversity score.

While I grouse about my employment prospects, I'm not opposed to interviews prioritizing diversity. I think it's usually a good thing and will correct embedded historical imbalances. Unfortunately, it really works against me in Manitoba and, to a lesser extent, other locales across Canada.

Now, if I was really, really good at playing hockey....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad