⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Wonder who the forward is who goes out . Ritchie , Hintz ? I doubt its Val .

For defense my guess is Polak but maybe Carrick who wasn't good either.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Wonder who the forward is who goes out . Ritchie , Hintz ? I doubt its Val .

For defense my guess is Polak but maybe Carrick who wasn't good either.

Would be very odd if he took Val out. I have a feeling its Hintz cause he says he wants to put Shore back at center.

Reactions: MBTendy

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I wish I could see this good hockey Dickinson apparently plays. I don't get it. I know he doesn't exactly get put onto a line expected to score a bunch but it seems when he plays his name never even gets said in the PBP. He seems utterly replaceable by anyone, which I guess is why he is in and out of the lineup/AHL/NHL.

Reactions: Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Appears its Hintz. Heiskanen slides to the left as well and is now partnered with Carrick as Honka comes into the lineup

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I wish I could see this good hockey Dickinson apparently plays. I don't get it. I know he doesn't exactly get put onto a line expected to score a bunch but it seems when he plays his name never even gets said in the PBP. He seems utterly replaceable by anyone, which I guess is why he is in and out of the lineup/AHL/NHL.

He's reliable defensively but that's about it so far. Hitch said he was reliable as well

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Appears its Hintz. Heiskanen slides to the left as well and is now partnered with Carrick as Honka comes into the lineup

Monty better be careful with that second line. If he gets them stuck out against any of Anaheim's speedier players, they're toast.

Nichushkin-Spezza-Ritchie

I'm...not sure how I feel about that. Definitely won't be a skating clinic.
Battleship turns - straight legged coasting - school zone

Reactions: Smelling Salt

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Spezza has shown an occasional speed burst. But overall, it will be a case of trying to beat them with the slow ball.

Are Ducks still a big bruising team that hits a lot?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Spezza has shown an occasional speed burst. But overall, it will be a case of trying to beat them with the slow ball.

Are Ducks still a big bruising team that hits a lot?

They're missing Nick Ritchie tonight so theres one big hitter out. Lots of rookies in their lineup. Getzlaf out as well but they got Kesler back. Perry gone too

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Methot seems like a fun guy
Met him multiple times in Ottawa and know his brother. Can confirm he's a really awesome guy. Always takes time to say hi to fans and take photos. One of my favourite NHLers I've met.

Favourite moment was seeing him at the bar and puck bunnies started fighting over him and he ran away laughing hysterically.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
They're missing Nick Ritchie tonight so theres one big hitter out.

nick-ritchie-2016-4312.jpg

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Faksa does center the second line by time-on-ice, it's just not written that way because I guess the third line is the "shutdown" line historically?

I don't think he's got the offensive ability to center a secondary scoring line - at least he hasn't shown it when given the chance at the World Championships. Alternatively, maybe he does, but putting him with skill players which take away from his ability to be used in a shutdown role would probably cost more goals against than it creates in goals for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad