⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Someone send this directly for Monty. He’s all about the high danger chances

Monty said he thinks Gurianov gives them another dangerous line to work with so I'm assuming he won't see anymore time with Benn and Seguin. Even after that goal Seguin scored with Gurianov and Benn out there he split them up to put Radulov with them lmao.

I think we will see this:

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Nichushkin/Shore-Spezza-Gurianov

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Monty said he thinks Gurianov gives them another dangerous line to work with so I'm assuming he won't see anymore time with Benn and Seguin. Even after that goal Seguin scored with Gurianov and Benn out there he split them up to put Radulov with them lmao.

I think we will see this:

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Nichushkin/Shore-Spezza-Gurianov

I’m good with that too as long as he’s seeing Gurianov as a guy that can create chances

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Interesting on Hanley. Defending Big D had an article on his "Monster" possession stats, top on team and 7th among D in the league with over 100 minutes just this morning. I guess he failed the eye test with Monty.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
The thing with Monty is they practice lines and 5 mins in game he changes. Never seem to give them time to get anything going.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So that means Hanley isn't in the plans for tomorow anyway considering Klinberg isn't back for tomorow just yet. Saves a little bit of capspace waiving Hanley sooner i guess.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So Methot is the only guy we have no update on. His knees must be pretty busted . IRC its the same thing he had last year. Probably should've gotten something done in the offseason .

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Well he was put in waivers today . So technically nobody was able to claim him just yet , well outside of early in the season.

I misread the tweet. That did seem weird to me.

More accurately, I’d be surprised if he isn’t unclaimed :laugh:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I misread the tweet. That did seem weird to me.

More accurately, I’d be surprised if he isn’t unclaimed :laugh:

Better d-men have not been picked up this season when they got waived. Pretty sure he all-waiver-team still doesn't have a single defenseman on it . Would be suprised if a career AHL guy like Hanley was the first one to be picked up. Don't think anyone is that desperate for a defenseman . They'd have to keep Hanley on the NHL roster the full season and i don't think any NHL team looks at Hanley as a regular NHL player.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Interesting on Hanley. Defending Big D had an article on his "Monster" possession stats, top on team and 7th among D in the league with over 100 minutes just this morning. I guess he failed the eye test with Monty.
There is a big flaw in these corsi type numbers when it comes to evaluating bottom pair d-men who play a small number of easy minutes. Something about these “possession” numbers simply don’t work for guys in those roles.

I swear DBD has run the same article hyping the corsi numbers of several other d-men after they had played very little. I think I remember the corsi hype for Fistric, Oleksiak, Honka, and now Hanley.

Reactions: serp

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
There is a big flaw in these corsi type numbers when it comes to evaluating bottom pair d-men who play a small number of easy minutes. Something about these “possession” numbers simply don’t work for guys in those roles.

I swear DBD has run the same article hyping the corsi numbers of several other d-men after they had played very little. I think I remember the corsi hype for Fistric, Oleksiak, Honka, and now Hanley.

Tyler Dellow has touched on this. A lot of these D have been sheltered from top competition and they have a lot of OZONE starts iirc

Reactions: serp

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Sounds about right. It's one thing if they take those limited minutes and crush the opponents and force someone's hand but Hanley definitely didn't. Fedun is showing at least something more with his limited minutes, but he probably won't get the same praise as Hanley to drive outrage.

I am sure Hanley will float on back to Austin and we'll be all happy and content while Honka gets the short end of the stick trying to figure out how to play in the bigs.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Sounds about right. It's one thing if they take those limited minutes and crush the opponents and force someone's hand but Hanley definitely didn't. Fedun is showing at least something more with his limited minutes, but he probably won't get the same praise as Hanley to drive outrage.

I am sure Hanley will float on back to Austin and we'll be all happy and content while Honka gets the short end of the stick trying to figure out how to play in the bigs.

I’m a big Fedun fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad