⭐2018-2019 Regular Season General Discussion (Polak Praise Posts ONLY)⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Surprised it took them this long I thought it was pretty obvious it hit him

Good for him though he deserved it

Also I'm disappointed that Val may be scratched tomorrow. Honestly thought his game against the Avs was easily one of his best this season

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Fedun gets the game. He deserves to stay up.

I'm still not sure how to solve the D lines though.

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Carrick
Fedun - Polak
Johns

Ideally trade Honka

Methot will never be healthy again

AHL: Bayreuther, Gleason, Hanley, Heatherington

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's not a bit re: Fedun though. He looks composed and confident with the puck- not often would you trust a call-up from the AHL in all situations.

I wonder what kept him at the AHL level though. I mean he's not really a noticeably bad skater or anything and he plays a solid 2-way game for a depth dman.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Gury > Barzal

For real though, what a turn around for Gury this season. Very impressive, and good for him.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fedun seems like a guy who probably should've made the NHL at some point at the very last as a third pairing guy. There's worse defenseman playing regular NHL minutes and earning a way bigger paycheck than Fedun. Kind of wierd he only played 57 NHL games at 30 years old now.

When Carrick is back someone else needs to be waived / send down or traded and i don't think its Bayreuther as a leftie , he likely stays up until Methot is back whenever that hell that is ? Fedun probably still gets waived after Christmas .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gury > Barzal

For real though, what a turn around for Gury this season. Very impressive, and good for him.

I mean some players take a couple of years to develop. He's still just 21 years old . Denis was a project pick who we all knew would need several years to figure it out.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Fedun seems like a guy who probably should've made the NHL at some point at the very last as a third pairing guy. There's worse defenseman playing regular NHL minutes and earning a way bigger paycheck than Fedun. Kind of wierd he only played 57 NHL games at 30 years old now.

When Carrick is back someone else needs to be waived / send down or traded and i don't think its Bayreuther as a leftie , he likely stays up until Methot is back whenever that hell that is ? Fedun probably still gets waived after Christmas .

Imo Fedun will be picked up off of waivers at this point. Honka should be the one traded ideally but I also wouldn't surprised to see Bayreuther sent back down

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Imo Fedun will be picked up off of waivers at this point. Honka should be the one traded ideally but I also wouldn't surprised to see Bayreuther sent back down

That messes up the balance on defense. Bayreuther is here to stay until Methot is back. Would leave the team with 5 Rights and just 2 Lefties one of the Lefties ( Miro) played mostly RD so far.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Left-right balance is overrated. GBay can go play in Texas. He's not ready for the NHL at all.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Gury > Barzal

I hope he can become a consistent guy at this level though. He has the talent too for sure but I hope he can keep with it.

I mean some players take a couple of years to develop. He's still just 21 years old . Denis was a project pick who we all knew would need several years to figure it out.

Feels like players that are drafted as projects are always jumped all over as being a bust because others make the NHL and succeed before them.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Left-right balance is overrated. GBay can go play in Texas. He's not ready for the NHL at all.

Depends how comfortable the players are on their offside. For some its a real problem .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Depends how comfortable the players are on their offside. For some its a real problem .

You think it matters to Polak if he plays on left or right side? He barely has to touch the puck so it won't really make a difference.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You think it matters to Polak if he plays on left or right side? He barely has to touch the puck so it won't really make a difference.

Don't know ask Roman ? I guess. I know there was an interview with Methot early in the year talking about how uncomfortable he was at playing right side these days because he hadn't done it for years and how impressed he was Miro could change so easily.

For some its a problem for others its not.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Don't know ask Roman ? I guess. I know there was an interview with Methot early in the year talking about how uncomfortable he was at playing right side these days because he hadn't done it for years and how impressed he was Miro could change so easily.

For some its a problem for others its not.

That's probably because Methot handles the puck like a grenade on a good day.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Feels like players that are drafted as projects are always jumped all over as being a bust because others make the NHL and succeed before them.

"Project Player" is just hockey nonsense for any non-consensus drafted player that doesn't have a polished skillset. Pretty much any player taken after #5 has been described with this word.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
It's not a bit re: Fedun though. He looks composed and confident with the puck- not often would you trust a call-up from the AHL in all situations.

Fair enough. I don’t think he’s exactly been pushed, as he and Hanley hardly grace the ice in the third. (It seems anyway, haven’t checked the TOI stats)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
"Project Player" is just hockey nonsense for any non-consensus drafted player that doesn't have a polished skillset. Pretty much any player taken after #5 has been described with this word.

I mean a 17-18 year old kid playing fourth line minutes on a pretty bad KHL team is like the ultimate prospect pick. I'll give Denis a ton of credit though for putting in the work . He actually really improved since coming over and not just his play. His English is almost as good as Radulovs when you watch interviews .

Last edited:
Reactions: Smelling Salt

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I mean a 17-18 year old kid playing fourth line minutes on a pretty bad KHL team is like the ultimate prospect pick. I'll give Denis a ton of credit though for putting in the work . He actually really improved since coming over and not just his play. His English is almost as good as Radulovs when you watch interviews .

Val well he's still Val .

You just described practically any player drafted from RUS lol

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You just described practically any player drafted from RUS lol
Not allways . Val played a key role on a team that went to the KHL Final the year he was drafted for example. Its why he was thought to be a top5 talent.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Not allways . Val played a key role on a team that went to the KHL Final the year he was drafted for example. Its why he was thought to be a top5 talent.

Great- so it goes against what I said, note: "any non-consensus drafted player".

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Great- so it goes against what I said, note: "any non-consensus drafted player".

I mean in general Drafting Russian players straight from the KHL is not that common with a high draft pick these day . Since 2010 i only found 5 Russians that played in the KHL prior to beeing drafted that went as a lottery pick and we picked two of those five. Thats all i wanted to say.

Nill took a gamble with Gurianov . Not the right call but it is what it is. Just hope he can become the player now that the scouting staff saw in 2015. Not like we can change the pick now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->