256.5 KB · Views: 1

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
INTO THE BLACK HOLE!!

SEARCHING FOR CRYSTAL!!!

*and I cannot stress this enough*

Making the veins bleed.
When i mentioned i was going to see powerwolf later this year you didnt react; if you don’t know them you should. Start here, this album is all killer no filler. Unless you are just like me and skip the one ballad track. 😁

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
When i mentioned i was going to see powerwolf later this year you didnt react; if you don’t know them you should. Start here, this album is all killer no filler. Unless you are just like me and skip the one ballad track. 😁

I saw PowerWolf in Times Square. Absolutely amazing show. 2 hour wait for merchandise. I am seeing them again at the renovated Paramount Theatre in Brooklyn later this year. New album coming out soon!

• Love
Reactions: HolyHagelin

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
😂 @Machinehead only likes new metal. He's probably never heard of my 3 favorite metal bands, (in alphabetical order) Metallica, Priest, and Sabbath. ;)
All the young dudes carry the news of the new metal. 😁

Your 3 faves all make my t10 but not the t3. Well maybe Priest is t3. Let’s put a list together basd on hiw i feel right now and see how poorly it ages.

1. Megadeth
2. Judas Priest (ok, they made it)
3. Iron Maiden
4. Symphony X
5. Metallica
6. Mastodon
7. Ozzy
8. Powerwolf (flew up my rankings fast only found them last year)
9. Dream Theater
10. Black Sabbath

Just on the outside looking in: Opeth, Jag Panzer (broderick years), Trivium, and (if you count them) Blue Oyster Cult and Deep Purple.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
😂 @Machinehead only likes new metal. He's probably never heard of my 3 favorite metal bands, (in alphabetical order) Metallica, Priest, and Sabbath. ;)

Metallica, first of all, is the greatest metal band of all-time. I don't care what band you give me, they're not doing what they're doing without Metallica. That includes Dream Theater who would just be a generic prog rock band if Master of Puppets didn't give them their edge. There's no any of this without Master of Puppets. It's one of the most influential albums in music history.

As far as Judas Priest goes, Painkiller is the song that made me a metalhead. Like, I had heard it before. Obviously, Metallica. All the K-Rock bands like Korn, System of A Down, Disturbed and what have you. Sabbath was in there. Avenged Sevenfold, I was into around 2005, 2006 because they were just super popular. Then Rock Band 2 came out in 2008. That game had two songs on it that changed my life. First I heard Panic Attack. It was my first time hearing Dream Theater and I was like "this is the coolest f***ing shit I've ever heard in my life." And then there was Painkiller. Panic Attack was the song that got me into Dream Theater, but Painkiller was the song that crystalized "oh, this is a whole genre." Once I heard Priest, that's when I started actively pursuing it and fleshing it out. I got into Megadeth, Lamb of God, Opeth, Children of Bodom, Unearth, Autopsy, Trivium, and many others right after hearing Priest because I started going online and looking for metal for the first time.

Black Sabbath invented it, so there's that.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's an underrated Priest song from that album that I really wanna highlight.

Painkiller was released nine months before I was born. I wasn't conceived until Judas Priest made this world fit for consumption.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Here's an underrated Priest song from that album that I really wanna highlight.

Painkiller was released nine months before I was born. I wasn't conceived until Judas Priest made this world fit for consumption.

Every track on that album is a f***ing classic. In the summer of 1993 i discovered metallica, then a little later i bought a box full of casette tapes at a garage sale that had painkiller in it.

Now 31 years later i still have a hard time stopping myself from singing along with every word.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Every track on that album is a f***ing classic. In the summer of 1993 i discovered metallica, then a little later i bought a box full of casette tapes at a garage sale that had painkiller in it.

Now 31 years later i still have a hard time stopping myself from singing along with every word.
Oh that reminds me. Like I said, me and my friends were all into the Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing at the time.

I can't sing worth a shit but I have a talent for hitting extraordinarily high notes. I was the only one who could do Painkiller on expert vocals. Meanwhile, I couldn't pass anything else.

You know that really long sustained note in "Take on Me?" by A-ha? I can hit that. Can't hit any of the other ones. :laugh:

In my generation, it's a lot of video games. Saints Row 2 had the Black Dahlia Murder on it. That's where I was like "oh f***, death metal!" and my catalog doubled.

I tried to learn how to scream but that didn't go well.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
All the young dudes carry the news of the new metal. 😁 ...
I'm glad you noticed that. Bowie was friends with Mott the Hoople and they were gonna break up. He had written the great song All the Young Dudes for his Ziggy Stardust album but decided to let them use it and produce it. It obviously became their best song and biggest hit.

Several years later their leader Ian Hunter released my most underrated non-metal album ever, You're never alone with a Schizophrenic. The hit song was Cleveland Rocks.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Oh that reminds me. Like I said, me and my friends were all into the Rock Band/Guitar Hero thing at the time.

I can't sing worth a shit but I have a talent for hitting extraordinarily high notes. I was the only one who could do Painkiller on expert vocals. Meanwhile, I couldn't pass anything else.

You know that really long sustained note in "Take on Me?" by A-ha? I can hit that. Can't hit any of the other ones. :laugh:

In my generation, it's a lot of video games. Saints Row 2 had the Black Dahlia Murder on it. That's where I was like "oh f***, death metal!" and my catalog doubled.

I tried to learn how to scream but that didn't go well.
My brother downloaded over 200 extra tracks for rock band 2, we had oretty epic sessions. We had the whole painkiller album, tons if maiden and stone temple pilots, it was great.

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I might do a top 10 albums but keep it at one per band to make it spicier.
I'll give it a shot.

1713213415206.png

My Top Ten Albums

1. Paranoid - Black Sabbath
2. Master of Puppets - Metallica
3. Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
4. Reign in Blood - Slayer
5. Rust in Peace - Megadeth
6. Sad Wings of Destiny - Judas Priest
7. Ace of Spades - Motörhead
8. Welcome to Hell - Venom
9. Blizzard of Ozz - Ozzy Osbourne
10. Under the Sign of the Black Mark - Bathory

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'll give it a shot.

View attachment 852220

My Top Ten Albums

1. Paranoid - Black Sabbath
2. Master of Puppets - Metallica
3. Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
4. Reign in Blood - Slayer
5. Rust in Peace - Megadeth
6. Sad Wings of Destiny - Judas Priest
7. Ace of Spades - Motörhead
8. Welcome to Hell - Venom
9. Blizzard of Ozz - Ozzy Osbourne
10. Under the Sign of the Black Mark - Bathory
Hell yeah Bathory!

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

noncents

Feb 25, 2022

this is a joke band, right? demons are a girls best friend? campy winking metal?

-1 for the englisch version. peep bück dich, it bangs

i saw JP at jones beach in like 03 when i was 11 or something. my second concert after Tower of Power at the imac in huntington (now the Paramount). Halford still kinda ripped then and Tipton was sublime. somehow still underrated as his soloing was never flash for flash's sake. his solos were thoughtfully composed.

i guess it shouldn't surprise that this is a predominantly metallic crowd.. anyone here listen to anything else? michael mcdonald? Jelly roll morton? underworld? big thief?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad