OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
This is the final test.

If you can sit through this whole thing and actually enjoy it, you can tolerate pretty much anything.

That intro to Glass Prison is so groovy and thrashy, always loved it.

I’m sure you heard Mike Portnoy is returning to DT, should be interesting to hear how their sound changes. I still think their best material was with Kevin Moore on keys. Images and Words and Awake are so good, Awake is such a melancholy and moody album.

Reactions: Machinehead

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Looking like Primus, Puscifer, and A Perfect Circle are gonna be doing some tour thing. Playing at Forest Hills Stadium in May

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Looking like Primus, Puscifer, and A Perfect Circle are gonna be doing some tour thing. Playing at Forest Hills Stadium in May
Evidently an extended tour in honor of Maynard's 60th time around the sun. All bands on the stage at same time? That's gonna be interesting. No show in DC area bums me out.

What didn't bum me out was NYHC legend Walter Schreifels and Quicksand performing last night in DC. Shouldn't have given my ear protection to my wife. Ears still a little off today.

Reactions: UnSandvich

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Some new Tool tour dates announced today, including 2 at MSG in January

Always been a huge Tool fan, but lately ive been spiraling down a rabbit hole of their Youtube live sets and reaction videos. My God I just cant get enough

Saw that! Its Maynards 60th Bday celebration as well

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Just scored 1st row tickets in sec 203 for Joe Hisaishi Orchestra where he plays songs from all of the Studio Ghibli movies.

My daughter got me into those Anime movies and it surprised me how well made they are

Reactions: JCProdigy

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Been stuck on 46 & 2 lately non stop in the gym, but when I’m home I can’t stop watching El Estepario Siberiano’s drum covers and trying to scoop my jaw off the floor. If you haven’t seen him, you should absolutely start watching.

Full song, for @Machinehead and Kreids

Reactions: Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Been stuck on 46 & 2 lately non stop in the gym, but when I’m home I can’t stop watching El Estepario Siberiano’s drum covers and trying to scoop my jaw off the floor. If you haven’t seen him, you should absolutely start watching.

Yeah, this guy is sick.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Yeah, this guy is sick.

The SOAD stuff I only posted because we’ve been on the CK/Serj joke for a bit. Some of the stuff he does is just flat out insane.

Dream Theater single pedal 3 piece kit:

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
The SOAD stuff I only posted because we’ve been on the CK/Serj joke for a bit. Some of the stuff he does is just flat out insane.

Dream Theater single pedal 3 piece kit:

Yeah, I've watched a few videos from him. He's great. Such a flawless , silky drummer.

Last edited:
Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Yeah, I've a few videos from him. He's great. Such a flawless , silky drummer.

I actually really enjoy watching him crank simple songs up to 11 by adding insane fills probably a little bit more than watching him jam on songs that are already impressive, but everything he does looks effortless and some of the techniques he incorporates are just nuts. When he’s playing snare and hi-hat at simultaneously with the same hand by using the butt end and the drum head together, it’s pretty wild. This one is such a basic song that he spiced up and gets to have a lot of fun with the techniques he uses.

• Love

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Well, Tool continues to be f***ing incredible live. Band that opened for them, Elder, was really damn good too:

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
you wont be disappointed

I don’t know. Now that they played Flood I’ll have expectations lol

No, I’ve seen A Perfect Circle twice, my dad’s seen Tool a half dozen times, I know they’re going to absolutely blow my mind even though I know what to expect. Danny Carey is a mad man and Maynard is the GOAT.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad