OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Please humor me, watch for 45 seconds, I’ve been drinking and this song’s lyrics seemed to be written about Tarasenko, Kane, Copp, Vatrano, and other previous rentals… just change the hook to all of “these trades and all of this money”

Conversely the whole song could just be about a Chevy driving Rangers fan who has grown disenchanted with the team.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don’t know if any of you guys fancy the western rocker style or are fashionable types, but my wife makes pretty bad ass western style felt hats and has made some for some marginally - I don’t want to say “famous”, but - noticeably popular people. HellaMarkHarley (IG body builder/influencer), Shane Smith & The Saints (country/folk band touring globally), EverBlondeTrails (travel/hiking/camping blogger and influencer) and has sold over 50 unique, custom hats since launching her brand. I’d say 75% of her clientele are female but there’s a healthy number of males, especially in that country/rocker style, who have bought hats as well.

She’s actually making one for Eric Church currently, which is by far the biggest client she’s ever had and (we’re hoping) will really propel her new brand going forward. But if any of you wanna check it out and/or get your lady something unique and snazzy, she’s @flameandfeatherhatco on Instagram (and as a supportive husband, my name somehow was changed to @thebadman_inthehat, in case anyone cares).

We’ve got a ton of country and southern rock shows coming up that we’re going to be at this summer/fall because of how much her brand is growing and how many artists are starting to reach out a bit.

IMG_3920.jpeg
IMG_4731.jpeg
IMG_1034.jpeg

Some samples.

Reactions: Cmox

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Mayhaps!

I am somewhere upfront. The wife didn’t scrimp on the tix, they were a gift. I’ll be wearing a green TCV shirt. I would kill for a new TCV album and tour.

Same bruh, saaaame. Not positive where we are, buddy bought tix. I'll prob be wearing this

Attachments

• 354468673_278975381325548_8259579191529993607_n.jpg
    354468673_278975381325548_8259579191529993607_n.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Looks like I'm seeing Slightly Stoopid/Sublime w/Rome while I'm away for a few weeks (and definitely will not be posting here).

Metallica in early-August is a game time "can I find cheap tickets playing the StubHub game?" deal.

Blur has a new album next Friday.

Mutoid Man which features members of Converge and Cave-In has a new album coming out end of this month.

This year desperately needs some better releases, we're over halfway in and it's been very mediocre.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
gonna catch Houston's 'The Suffers' at Blue Note this week
retro-Soul with horns and big-voiced charismatic lead singer Kam Franklin

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Howdy folks. Any NYC area people who are fans of the band Cake? They’re one of my favorites and several months ago I bought a pair of tickets to their rooftop concert at Pier 17 in south Manhattan this Saturday (7/22). My fiancé can no longer go and I decided it wasn’t worth it for me to go alone and try and figure out NYC transit and all that. I also just learned this week that you can no longer sell your tickets online with Ticketmaster or Stubhub without giving them your social security number (new tax law as of 2022 apparently). Just watched my dad deal with a stolen SSN and certainly don’t trust Ticketmaster, so that’s a no go.

So I have 2 tickets that I’m willing to give away. They’re through Ticketmaster and the website says I can transfer them to another Ticketmaster account for free. If you wanted to Venmo me some money after I transfer the tickets—hey I’d really appreciate it. But since they’re going unused, I’d rather someone be able to enjoy them for free rather than my $150 go completely down the drain.

(there isn’t really a vibrant online community for a band whose last hit was 20+ years ago so that’s why I’m offering them here). Shoot me a PM. Id say first come first served, but in the unlikely event that I have multiple askers and one of them offers any money, to be up front and honest I’m going to prioritize a cash offer over giving them away.

Edit: as a Sabres fan, I might have to look at your post history and see how insulting your trade offer for Eichel was before giving you the tickets (I can’t find it on my phone so pretend the sarcasm emoji is here)

Last edited:

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods

This band should be bigger. A podcast I listen to opened with one of their songs, that's how I heard of them, for garage punk fans. I'm just happy newer music that isn't mumble rap is out there.

Reactions: JCProdigy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad