Blink-182 Reunion May 20
Alestorm May 27
Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade June 24
Metallica Aug 4 & 6
QOTSA Aug 12
Ghost Aug 20
Offspring, Sum 41, Simple Plan Sep 2
Arctic Monkeys Sep 9

(my wallet is not ready for all the concert shirts i'm going to end up buying)

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Gotta say, this summer's looking phenomenal from a concert standpoint so far:

Clutch May 17
Blink-182 Reunion May 20
Alestorm May 27
Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade June 24
Metallica Aug 4 & 6
QOTSA Aug 12
Ghost Aug 20
Offspring, Sum 41, Simple Plan Sep 2
Arctic Monkeys Sep 9

(my wallet is not ready for all the concert shirts i'm going to end up buying)
That's a good lineup.

The issue with the Metallica show is I saw them at old Giants Stadium in 1998 and it just wasn't fun (I've seen them at other venues that were much better).

Generally I hate concerts at big stadiums. Rammstein was only good last summer because I inherited a Fire Pit ticket from a friend who had covid.

They're also playing some cool international cities so it might be fun to just see them in one of those and plan a parallel trip.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
That's a good lineup.

The issue with the Metallica show is I saw them at old Giants Stadium in 1998 and it just wasn't fun (I've seen them at other venues that were much better).

Generally I hate concerts at big stadiums. Rammstein was only good last summer because I inherited a Fire Pit ticket from a friend who had covid.

They're also playing some cool international cities so it might be fun to just see them in one of those and plan a parallel trip.

I'm not big into huge stadium shows myself, but this is the first time i've actually had the spare cash while they were in town.

Reactions: nyrmetros

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
There's only one band left on my must-see list that I haven't seen. That I'd go out of my way, in theory, to see. I've seen so many bands live it's ridiculous. But alas, the one I haven't seen is impossible to because the price just doesn't justify it.

Def Leppard.

Also, can't turn time backwards and see Steve Clark live. RIP.

But, if I could go back in time for any concert(s) it would be in 1988 McNichols Arena, Denver Colorado, two nights Feb 12th and 13th. Def Leppard. Best darn rock n roll show for my money. Luckily it was filmed and got it on DVD... and it's on the YouTubes in its entirety too.

Reactions: Cmox

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

I love this festival good vibes and good music. Enjoy

LET’S GO RANGERS

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I'll probably see Extreme with Living Colour opening in August. They're playing The Paramount in Huntington and Starland in NJ. Paramount is a fun venue and town to get some good Mexican/Chinese/Pizza, have a few beers, and walk around outside before the show. Never been to the Starland but The Wellmont in NJ has similar vibes to The Paramount. Living Colour is awesome, seen them live three times. Extreme I've never seen but this might be one of their last tours/albums so why not?

Before a West Coast wedding, some friends wanted to get together and see Slighlty Stoopid/Sublime w/Rome. Not a huge fan of either but it's a good summer outdoor activity and a chill concert.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I'll probably see Extreme with Living Colour opening in August. They're playing The Paramount in Huntington and Starland in NJ. Paramount is a fun venue and town to get some good Mexican/Chinese/Pizza, have a few beers, and walk around outside before the show. Never been to the Starland but The Wellmont in NJ has similar vibes to The Paramount. Living Colour is awesome, seen them live three times. Extreme I've never seen but this might be one of their last tours/albums so why not?

Before a West Coast wedding, some friends wanted to get together and see Slighlty Stoopid/Sublime w/Rome. Not a huge fan of either but it's a good summer outdoor activity and a chill concert.
I do miss vans warped tour. Those were the fun days. Sublime with Rome not a fan and always preferred Badfish or Sublime. Cypress Hill was amazing last night at Cali Roots Festival. Really bummed that certain bands rejected to be streamed like The Interrupters and Wu Tang. Personally if you perform at this festival, its free exposure for new fans. Cali Roots always streams this festival. Found this band called The Skints that way and they're amazing. Hirie is playing later. They're so good.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I do miss vans warped tour. Those were the fun days. Sublime with Rome not a fan and always preferred Badfish or Sublime. Cypress Hill was amazing last night at Cali Roots Festival. Really bummed that certain bands rejected to be streamed like The Interrupters and Wu Tang. Personally if you perform at this festival, its free exposure for new fans. Cali Roots always streams this festival. Found this band called The Skints that way and they're amazing. Hirie is playing later. They're so good.
Marcia Skint is such a hottie. Like someone created a dream girl of mine from scratch.

I got into them because Fat Mike was wearing their shirt. Swimming Lessons is such a great late 2010s album that is going to be underappreciated. Very dark for a ska/punk/reggae record.

• Love

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Marcia Skint is such a hottie. Like someone created a dream girl of mine from scratch.

I got into them because Fat Mike was wearing their shirt. Swimming Lessons is such a great late 2010s album that is going to be underappreciated. Very dark for a ska/punk/reggae record.
I hope to meet them someday. Marcia is amazing and so talented. Talent turns me on more than beauty and she has both. The Interrupters are great too and Hirie is amazing too. Ballyhoo! another band that is great too. Rebelution is amazing as well.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I hope to meet them someday. Marcia is amazing and so talented. Talent turns me on more than beauty and she has both. The Interrupters are great too and Hirie is amazing too. Ballyhoo! another band that is great too. Rebelution is amazing as well.
All of those bands mentioned are what my transplanted friends from NY Area to the West Coast got into. I'm more noise rock, groove-based music, and experimental indie metal at this point, but all of those bands are always on when I visit out there.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
All of those bands mentioned are what my transplanted friends from NY Area to the West Coast got into. I'm more noise rock, groove-based music, and experimental indie metal at this point, but all of those bands are always on when I visit out there.
I grew up on Green Day Less Than Jake Beastie Boys Cypress Hill Rancid Reel Big Fish Operation Ivy Nirvana Lagwagon Goldfinger Pennywise No Use For A Name NOFX MXPX Living End New Found Glory etc my taste is all over the place

Reactions: Roo Returns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad