GDT: ♫ @ ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Don't give Been-Spezza-Seguin PP opportunities and we'll be fine. Those 3 score a ton, and are all over a ppg, but Seguin and Benn are both even and Spezza is a -5. Usually +/- isn't a great stat, but when you score that much and your rating isn't positive, it isn't a good thing. Benn only has 1 PP point and is still just even, so that line is terrible during even-strength, despite scoring a lot.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would attribute that to their "wide open" system. Just outscore the opposition. I've only watched a couple dallas games. Wasn't overly impressed but I wasn't last year either. And they started to give us issues at the end of the year.

Spezza wasn't much of a threat on the 2nd line when I watched earlier

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I'm just sitting her chuckling to myself because to an outsider, this has got to be the absolute worst GDT :laugh:

I haven't gotten to watch Dallas this year yet so I'm looking forward to this one. I was looking at their stats and thought "man, in only 1 more game played, Dallas has 12 more goals than the Blues. Oh, they've also given up 14 more goals." So it looks like things are going according to plan for them so far. Win games in high scoring fashion.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm just sitting her chuckling to myself because to an outsider, this has got to be the absolute worst GDT :laugh:

I haven't gotten to watch Dallas this year yet so I'm looking forward to this one. I was looking at their stats and thought "man, in only 1 more game played, Dallas has 12 more goals than the Blues. Oh, they've also given up 14 more goals." So it looks like things are going according to plan for them so far. Win games in high scoring fashion.

This is a top 25 all time Blues GDT imo.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Oshie-Backes-Schwartz
Lindstrom-Berglund-Jaskin
Steen-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves

Anyway, looks like the high scoring (non-existent defense) vs the lower scoring Blues (defense masters).. is it defense that wins championships? No clue.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
We did 7:30 for a year, but everyone got pissed about it. I think the NHL tried changing it to 7:30, but most teams ended up going back to 7.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Great, he automatically becomes our new Eric Brewer! Or is it our new Kris Russell? :help:

It still kind of hurts that we gave away Russell for a song. I know his offensive skill never materialized here, but he was a really effective player on the 3rd pairing and ended up costing around the same as Leo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad