GDT: ♫ @ ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
fred, stealin ur vidz for main board thread. figured you wouldnt mind, gave you credit.

Serious question though, how well would the Stars have done had we had our best two centers shutting them down?

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I don't know what you guys are talking about. My wife gave me a high five.

Mine's been waiting for season 6 of Sons of Anarchy to premier on Netflix, so screaming at the laptop when the kids have school in the morning is strictly forbidden.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
fred, stealin ur vidz for main board thread. figured you wouldnt mind, gave you credit.

Serious question though, how well would the Stars have done had we had our best two centers shutting them down?

Well given the turning point in the game was when Backes went down.... Not that well I think.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Mine's been waiting for season 6 of Sons of Anarchy to premier on Netflix, so screaming at the laptop when the kids have school in the morning is strictly forbidden.

Tell her she has her priorities wrong. Blues, kids then Sons in that order. Kidding of course

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
also, why did it take so many power plays to just put tarasenko on the right half boards?

is it literally just the coaching staff that couldnt see how good of an idea it is?

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009

No worries, thanks.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Caught the most of the third and the end of the game. Pretty exciting game from what I saw and man, can we apply some serious pressure or what? I felt like we outplayed the Stars most of the third.

Tarasenko was phenomenal, as was Jori! Keep them together, please.

How did Gunnarson look tonight? Didn't see as much of him as I hoped in the last part of the game.

Also, any word on Backes?

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Caught the most of the third and the end of the game. Pretty exciting game from what I saw and man, can we apply some serious pressure or what? I felt like we outplayed the Stars most of the third.

Tarasenko was phenomenal, as was Jori! Keep them together, please.

How did Gunnarson look tonight? Didn't see as much of him as I hoped in the last part of the game.

Also, any word on Backes?

Gunny was a little rusty but felt he did okay.

All I heard was "upper body" on Backes. I don't think it looks good for him again.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I hear Tarasenko is not feeling well.

:laugh:

Unreal. Prediction: Stars - Blues is going to be the best rivalry in hockey soon once these Russian kids on both teams fully develop. Scary. Even though I've already got 3 Blues on my team including Vlad, I just picked up Lehtera... because F those guys. I may not get to play him all the time but nobody else will get to use him against me. :laugh:

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I just watched the interview with Frank. Great to see him getting more comfortable (as Panger pointed out. Terrible 2nd question panger - otherwise nice interview).

Anyway, its going to be so much fun watching this career.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Gunny was a little rusty but felt he did okay.

All I heard was "upper body" on Backes. I don't think it looks good for him again.

Gunnarsson looked pretty solid. He was not afraid to get in the thick of the hitting and threw a few good ones, himself. That means he's not afraid of hurting his hip. he was a little rusty, but I'm hopeful he'll be back to his pre-injury form. He'll help solidify The Blues' defence.

It looked like Backes took the brunt of his hit and landing on the ice on his shoulder. I hope it's not a major injury. His shoulder took a LOT more of the weight on the ice than did his head. So, I'm not so worried about a concussion.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Backes shoulder did hit the ice but man, his head whipped and the brain still moves with the momentum. Given his previous injuries, I wouldn't be surprised his eggs are little scrambled in the bucket again. Could be my paranoia kicking in because we won and the shoe always has to drop when that happens!

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
Fred do you have the clip of Tarasenko kissing his stick? Great job as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille