GDT: ★ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think Schwartz would be an awesome captian. Kid fits the bill from his interviews

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
They blew it when Steen crossed the line. He was shooting it regardless. In this specific case. Backes changes nothing

Look at the replay again. The puck goes right by Backes, who isn't even paying any attention to the play. If he makes a play with that puck, who knows what happens. It was a dumb display of leadership lacking. The captain has a chance to make a play with the pick with 13 seconds left, and instead he is focused on exacting revenge on a player. Inexcusable.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Look at the replay again. The puck goes right by Backes, who isn't even paying any attention to the play. If he makes a play with that puck, who knows what happens. It was a dumb display of leadership lacking. The captain has a chance to make a play with the pick with 13 seconds left, and instead he is focused on exacting revenge on a player. Inexcusable.
Unfortunately I can't rewind where I am. I remember the puck going up the boards while Backes was towards center. And I agree that he didn't show much leadership. All I'm saying is its a safe bet this game wasn't lost because of Backes at the end

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Oh idk....scores goals, forchecks and backchecks hard. Stands in front of the net providing shade for the goalie.

They ran him on Stastny's wing and It didn't look good at all.

You just describes a power forward RW

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Except he wasn't more effective on Stastny's wing. That experiment already happened and it didn't work. He's been much more effective at center for his entire career.

How many playoff series' have the Blues won with Backes as their #1 C?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Backes isn't in Lucic' class as a fighter, not even close. Backes would get wrecked badly.

Man we don't need another fighter. Or a tough guy. These last games we were out skilled on. Colorado skated circles around them. This teams defense need to get their head out of their ass and play. The defense hasn't been great but Allen had been bad.

Lucic isn't going to help this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad