Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I'm not even sure myself anymore.

p3vY5xA.jpg

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
So I see Avs fans are already asking for harm done to Backes in their GDT, real classy as usual.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I see Avs fans are already asking for harm done to Backes in their GDT, real classy as usual.

It was kind of perverse how some of the Avs fans got a sick sense of joy out of him getting injured. Pretty sad and disgusting that some of them are still referencing wakey wakey.

Regardless, as a whole, I like the Avs team and most of their fans are pretty cool.

Have not seem a lick of their games this year. Seems like McKinnon might be struggling early in moving back to center in the NHL. Varlamov is still one of the most underrated goalies in hockey. Tonight should be a fun game.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Hitch has tried to make it clear that it's not a 1 and 1a situation and it's Elliott's job.

That said, you are not alone in being a little surprised it's not Allen.

Allen got the next start after Elliot shut out LA, seems normal for Hitch to me.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Allen got the next start after Elliot shut out LA, seems normal for Hitch to me.

It does I agree, but I think there are a lot of people expecting Allen to take the job, perhaps as soon as the playoffs.

I've long been someone who's been uneasy with Elliott in goal but it's damn near impossible to argue with his regular season numbers.

griff713

Mar 25, 2014
Rockland County NY
Elliot is probably the best "Back up" goalie in the league. I don't even know if you consider him a backup but i'd consider him one of the best second tier goalies for sure.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Elliot is probably the best "Back up" goalie in the league. I don't even know if you consider him a backup but i'd consider him one of the best second tier goalies for sure.

The phrase "back up" doesn't belong anywhere near Elliott. Other than completely undeserved nonsense from when he was with other teams (over half of his career ago), the only thing keeping him from a starter label is that he hasn't played enough games in a whole season to flip that switch in people's minds. But he has still played more games than any real backup and some goalies who are widely considered starters - and put up better numbers in the process.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Best GAA in the NHL since the start of the 2011 season. Plenty of factor help that number(playing behind a great defense, playing the lesser teams as the backup to Halak, plenty of rest between starts etc.) but he's done his job. He's definitely a starting goalie in my eyes.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I don't understand why some people can't grasp the concept that players improve. Elliot has improved from when he was a backup, he is a #1 starter who has paid his dues and earned the job. He has shown consistency needed to do the job, and given the team the chance to win every game he has started, yet still even some Blues fans can't get past referring to him as a backup, or the best backup in the league. Like that's somehow a complement, he busted his ass to get where he's at and has been a rock in net. Yet still some folks can't wait to see the job taken away from him. Really pisses me off, I mean how well is the is the supposed #1 Halak doing for the Islanders as their number one right now. But Elliot is the backup...right :rant:

Angry rant over :dunno:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Cole looks pretty rough in the per game interview. He must be in the thick of the virus/infection.

RR10*

I don't understand why some people can't grasp the concept that players improve. Elliot has improved from when he was a backup, he is a #1 starter who has paid his dues and earned the job. He has shown consistency needed to do the job, and given the team the chance to win every game he has started, yet still even some Blues fans can't get past referring to him as a backup, or the best backup in the league. Like that's somehow a complement, he busted his ass to get where he's at and has been a rock in net. Yet still some folks can't wait to see the job taken away from him. Really pisses me off, I mean how well is the is the supposed #1 Halak doing for the Islanders as their number one right now. But Elliot is the backup...right :rant:

Angry rant over :dunno:
Why does it piss you off? We want the best goalie in net no matter what his name is. If Allen shows he's the better goalie then he should be our starter for most of the games. Personally I believe in having a true starter. Switching goalies every game isn't going to do good.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Why does it piss you off? We want the best goalie in net no matter what his name is. If Allen shows he's the better goalie then he should be our starter for most of the games. Personally I believe in having a true starter. Switching goalies every game isn't going to do good.

Ok then since I assume you have eyes you agree that the starter should be Elliott since he has been playing great this year

barmor

Mar 10, 2003
Visit site
It was kind of perverse how some of the Avs fans got a sick sense of joy out of him getting injured. Pretty sad and disgusting that some of them are still referencing wakey wakey.

Regardless, as a whole, I like the Avs team and most of their fans are pretty cool.

Have not seem a lick of their games this year. Seems like McKinnon might be struggling early in moving back to center in the NHL. Varlamov is still one of the most underrated goalies in hockey. Tonight should be a fun game.

Let's just say that Adrian Dater is the perfect beat writer for that entitled fanbase....:handclap:

RR10*

Ok then since I assume you have eyes you agree that the starter should be Elliott since he has been playing great this year
I'm not sure. I have to see Allen a couple of more games. He's been really good so far.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Half of Avs fans comments about the Blues are about Hitch and his weight, why do some people even bother with what they say?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Until Allen proves he is undoubtedly better than Elliott, he will remain the backup. Elliott has earned the starters job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad