GDT: ▲ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Interesting that Ott is averaging more than Stastny was, now partly because of Stastny's, and Oshie's absence.

Stastny played 17:01, 17:18, 19:04 in his first three games. It's 31 seconds of total icetime before getting injured against the Coyotes that brings his average way down.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
So...

Rangers defense for tomorrow is

Hunwick - Girardi
Staal - Kostka
Allen - McIlrath

Good luck, if you actually need it :laugh:

The Ducks should have had an easy time with us the other night with all the players we had missing. I won't be expecting an easy game despite the players the Rangers have missing.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Skeptic :laugh:

I've basically ben the biggest Lehterä fan on here for the past few years, I expect him to be a #2C. That doesn't change the fact that his ability to hold up over the course of an entire season is a legitimate question.

He only played 82 games last season, not 106, and NHL games are more taxing than KHL/International games. I hope he maintains his standard, but we shouldn't be surprised if fatigue creeps in towards the end of the year.

Maybe, but how Hitch played our top6 guys showed that they also were out of gas when big games just started. Hopelly this season we could see more balanced TOI/GP and blues would be tanked when post-season start.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Maybe, but how Hitch played our top6 guys showed that they also were out of gas when big games just started. Hopelly this season we could see more balanced TOI/GP and blues would be tanked when post-season start.

How much of that was fatigue and how much was injury issues? I totally agree with what you are saying here though. Our depth needs to be used effectively this season, we have Lehterä and Stastny and that has to be used to protect Backes, Steen and Oshie more.

In previous years we've looked to lock up home ice, I hope we've moved beyond that. A healthy Blues roster is undoubtedly as good as any in the League. Late in the year we will hopefully see more of Jaškin, Rattie and maybe Fabbri in order to make sure we are that little bit more rested going into the playoffs. Home ice will hopefully be a secondary worry.

One thing I forgot to mention about Lehterä is that his 82 games last season were played between September 4 and May 25. If he was a member of the Blues he would have played 12 more games in about 2 months less (October 3 - April 27).

We are Blues fans... if we weren't pessimistic to start with, they grind us down :laugh: Hopefully Lehterä is this good all year and proves my doubts completely unfounded.

Terrorsenko

Nov 24, 2011
Columbia, MO
znvgxxw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00