GDT: ▲ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Good win for us. Avs are a dangerous team, just need to shore up their defense.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
A win is a win. Third period shouldn't be too much of a surprise, take some time to get back up to full speed after the infection going around. Referees were a joke, but 2-0 up can't give up goals on back-to-back PK's.

Considering Petro called the Lindström shootout goal, he must be embarrassing Elliott and Allen in practice with that :laugh:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
As funny as it is, Jori's right. It really is that simple when you have a pure shooter on a line with you. Time the space, sauce, cheddar.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Calling it now...Lehtera doesn't have the top gear to be really effective in the playoffs. When the speed ramps up, he's going to have serious problems in transition offensively and defensively. Steen and Tarasenko would be taking on quite a bit more responsibility.

giphy.gif

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Calling it now...Lehtera doesn't have the top gear to be really effective in the playoffs. When the speed ramps up, he's going to have serious problems in transition offensively and defensively. Steen and Tarasenko would be taking on quite a bit more responsibility.

Ideally come playoff time he is our 3C. Not worried

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I don't understand the intense ref hate. The calls against us were legit penalties. Yeah, they missed a few on the Avs but I think back to the game against the Hawks I believe where we literally got away with murder. These things are cyclical, just have to deal with it.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Their PP goals were very lucky considering the calls. I can't fault the PK for them. Luck can go either way.

No, they weren't lucky, they were capitalizing on a terrible passive PK that's too afraid to pressure the player with the puck.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
I don't understand the intense ref hate. The calls against us were legit penalties. Yeah, they missed a few on the Avs but I think back to the game against the Hawks I believe where we literally got away with murder. These things are cyclical, just have to deal with it.

The Cole penalty was definitely questionable. Hopefully, they get a talking to after the game. We won and that's all that matters. I wish it wasn't a shootout though. A longer OT would be better.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Un-****ing-believable we let that lame team comeback and get a point. Tarasenko was the man again, could have used a little of that Schwatz magic tonight to keep the Avs (who we outplayed badly) from getting anything. Pretty hot right at the moment

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I agree with pretty much all of this but the call on Cole was pretty weak. It shouldn't matter because our PK should not allow tons of time and space but I disagree that the calls against us tonight were legitimate.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Elliott was solid tonight. When Stastny gets back this team is going to be deadly. Right now it's the Lehterasenkshow that's producing. Berglund's line looks dangerous but can't find the back of the net.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I agree with pretty much all of this but the call on Cole was pretty weak. It shouldn't matter because our PK should not allow tons of time and space but I disagree that the calls against us tonight were legitimate.

The Cole one was a little questionable definitely as it was more of a nudge, but it was unnecessary. Any ref that sees the crosscheck motion and then the recipient falling to the ground will call a penalty there.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006

You can come up with a long list of slower players who do just fine in the playoffs. Lucic, Pavelski, Stepan, just off the top of my head. The Kings have plenty of slower players. There's a long season ahead to see what becomes of Lehtera, but a big part of what makes him effective right now is how well he sees the ice and what he does with the puck. Nobody skates as quickly as the puck moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad