“There wasn’t much but I wanted a penalty against Nashville” UPD Tim Peel early retirement PART 2

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Late to the party here, but I assume someone has made the point that Peel has a slam dunk wrongful dismissal case?

Peel going to get paid! And he deserves to. This is an NHL problem, Not a Tim Peel problem.

They never said hes fired, they said he wont ref anymore games. You can get demoted and still do desk duty as punishment and it does not count as being fired. The NHL covered their bases here.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
Should have the whole quote in fairness to him but it does not make sense with Nashville - if he said he wanted to call a notorious team that tries to cheap shot to win it only means he wanted them to know they will be called right away. Nashville is not one of those teams.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
We have extensive analytics for players, it would be super easy to have stats and analytics for refs to weed out blatant bias. I doubt the refs are capable of randomizing their bias properly.

If the NHL actually cared at all about this it would be done... but they don't. They only care about appearances.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Let's assume for one second that the NHL did not tell it's officials to "manage games".

If people sitting at home can see it, and people in the rinks can see it, and the players can see it, and the coaches can see it, and the GMs can see it, and ex. refs even acknowledge it .... then sure as hell the NHL knows it's happening. And if its happening and the NHL has not stepped in to stop it, then that means the NHL is OK with it.

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
They never said hes fired, they said he wont ref anymore games. You can get demoted and still do desk duty as punishment and it does not count as being fired. The NHL covered their bases here.
Okay. Constructive dismissal then. Tomato/Tomato. Unless they continue to pay him his exact same salary (or however his compensation works).

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Duchene actually said that Tim Peele was taking to the Nashville bench and the coach when he was saying that, so that makes it even more bizzare.

There you go. All the "game management isn't bad". When an NHL player says the concept is ridiculous then you have no case behind it. Tim Peele is an utter douche if what Matt is saying is true. What an ego trip. The NHL must take care of the game management issue. It's making people hate the game more than liking it. And if the NHL is cool with it or even supports it you can probably assume there's some sort of gambling they're doing to fix matches potentially. Just an opinion but it opens the door to that as well. And not only does it do that, the integrity of all their actions should be met with some skepticism.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
One play against and Boston fans of all people are calling games rigged. I agree officiating is garbage and it should have been a penalty, but if you wanna see rigged go back and re-watch game 2 of the first round in 2019, now THAT was rigged. Hands down the worst officiated game I have ever seen across all sports. There's a difference between a missed call/game management and rigging a game in 1 teams favor. That gif right there is a terrible missed call.
Poor Leafs :(

The league always rigging games to make sure they dont win. Would have at least 7 Cups by now.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Someone try to tell me it's not rigged.

JFVNT0T.gif

Please make excuses for this meme officiating.

Wow they missed 1 call, that clearly outweighs the other games that series where officiating was clearly in Boston's favor. Maybe Acciari should've gotten up and other Boston players should've stayed with the play instead of complaining for a call before the whistle had blown and maybe they wouldn't have lost.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The worst thing about this whole thing is the number of people who are writing this off as a bad referee and not a serious problem with how NHL games are officiated in general, which is certainly something that is directed from the league office. Game management is stupid and needs to stop. If there's a penalty, call it. If not, don't.

It's not like we're dealing with rogue actors here.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I wish it was Sutherland, that dude despises the Canucks for some bizarre reason, especially in playoff games. When a fanbase starts to become too familiar with a ref’s name, you know he’s a problem.

Reactions: Oleksiak

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
Just to reiterate the points that I and many others have already made in various forms, the refs are employees of the league. The NHL is essentially an oligopolistic cartel whose ONLY focus is profit, leavened with a healthy dose of inbred old-boyism. There is very, very, very, little actual independence given to refs, so why blame Peel or any of the others? They are following the written and unwritten game management rules decreed by the owners, via Bettman and Daly. If the refs actually called the games fairly, they would get into trouble. To the league, it's a feature, not a bug. And the only reason the owners are pretending to care is optics for the push into expanded gambling revenues. They will never legitimately care about or act on player safety or fairness or anything that has the potential to ding their investments. Never.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad