“There wasn’t much but I wanted a penalty against Nashville” UPD Tim Peel early retirement PART 2

Robotnik

Mar 24, 2021
Someone try to tell me it's not rigged.

JFVNT0T.gif

Please make excuses for this meme officiating.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
Fans and players wonder why the league can’t get suspensions right should look to this, game management and suspensions go hand and hand. All refs and the dops should be looked into even more now with this. They can’t make a decision that’s not biased. It’s crazy that any player comes out and speaks there mind on a play or game when it comes to refs or suspensions there fined and told you can’t make those remarks but it’s fine for the refs to say this during games.

Robotnik

Mar 24, 2021
You see its unfair that Johnny is so small its his momentum that made him fall so violently towards the boards. If he was bigger he could brace himself better and the hit would not look as bad.
So hits from behind into the boards are cool? Cool. HoCKEy!1!

Reactions: up2nfg

Robotnik

Mar 24, 2021
No, i am trying to get into the brain of an NHL ref.
That's not what they're thinking though. They are petty egomaniacs that penalize players like Gaudreau and McDavid.

Both guys chirp the refs for their terrible officiating, that puts their career and bodies in danger, and the refs in their petty tyrant ways put them in more danger because they start letting things go on purpose because they don't like being chirped.

Johnny in a game called by the book is a 120 point player, McDavid a 200 point player. At the least. If they called everything on McDavid he'd have a hat trick pretty much every game.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Fans and players wonder why the league can’t get suspensions right should look to this, game management and suspensions go hand and hand. All refs and the dops should be looked into even more now with this. They can’t make a decision that’s not biased. It’s crazy that any player comes out and speaks there mind on a play or game when it comes to refs or suspensions there fined and told you can’t make those remarks but it’s fine for the refs to say this during games.

I mean, it's not. Peel got fired for saying it.

That said, it's tacitly ok for them to do it, just not ok for them to say they're doing it.

Saucechucker99

Feb 10, 2008
This whole things is a bit of a joke to me. Refs have always managed games this way, not that I agree with it. The NHL acting as if game management by refs is some unheard of thing is just willful blindness, hurts its credibility, and is comical IMO.

Can't help but feel almost every NHL ref would be fired if the the NHL went back and listened to recordings from the mics the refs wears.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
That's not what they're thinking though. They are petty egomaniacs that penalize players like Gaudreau and McDavid.

Both guys chirp the refs for their terrible officiating, that puts their career and bodies in danger, and the refs in their petty tyrant ways put them in more danger because they start letting things go on purpose because they don't like being chirped.

Johnny in a game called by the book is a 120 point player, McDavid a 200 point player. At the least.

Mcdavid doesn't seem like much of a chirper. Hes pretty quiet and battles through the Bullshit. You would think hes the kind of player the refs would love.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
It wasn't anything incredibly shocking when I heard the hot-mic clip, as many have said, we all know they do this to some extent. The big red flag for Peel is that he said he "was looking for a penalty early in the .... (period)," which it gets cut-off, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the rest of what he was saying. Getting caught saying something like that is a big deal, even Matt Duchene said it was incredibly odd the way he approached the bench and Forsberg. Scapegoat or not, you can't have refs broadcasting that for the the entire world to hear. Hence, why the NHL had to do something about it. Will things change? I doubt it, because that's how refs have always been to an extent because they are human. If they like you you will get favored on calls, if they don't like you you're going to be in the box a lot. Their job is to control the game, but it shouldn't go so far as to massively manipulating it based on human emotions, or other variables that change from each different referee and past experiences.

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Someone try to tell me it's not rigged.

JFVNT0T.gif

Please make excuses for this meme officiating.

One play against and Boston fans of all people are calling games rigged. I agree officiating is garbage and it should have been a penalty, but if you wanna see rigged go back and re-watch game 2 of the first round in 2019, now THAT was rigged. Hands down the worst officiated game I have ever seen across all sports. There's a difference between a missed call/game management and rigging a game in 1 teams favor. That gif right there is a terrible missed call.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
The NHL has to realise, if refs are "Managing" games, they are literally a half a step away from "fixing" games.
Half step MAX... this is what should be most terrifying to the league but the speed with which they acted makes it seem like they are more interested in having the iceberg sink back below the surface than figuring out the size and scale of the potential problem or taking steps to de-risk it.

NHL Review

Twitter: @nhl_review
Oct 27, 2019
Again, the issue is not the make-up calls alone. It’s the outright refusal to make a call because of the status of the game. That’s a major problem and happens way too frequently. Penalties are ultimately a deterrent and if you don’t deter bad behavior, it will continue to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->