Post-Game Talk: “The Oilers are winning this now” - @gordonhught - @Cloned

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Glad they won, but this is still not a good team. Poor goaltending, bad starts, giving up first goal consistently, poor defensive play and very poor offensive depth.

Not a playoff team.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Yeah Campbell is definitely playing much worse than anyone could've imagined. I wrote this offseason that I thought he'd put up somewhere around Koskinen/non-bubble smith numbers while being less likely to give up those backbreaking softies than smithkinen. Turns out he gives up those same softies as the two headed "monster" while also not being able to make the big saves they can. Some of the shit he does is mind boggling man. Like the dude looks at his glove after high glove side goals against b/c he thinks the puck went through his glove.
As I said, I watched Campbell a fair bit in TO. He had streaks where he won games for the Leafs despite being hung out like he has been here. He also had some tough stretches. We have only seen the tough stretches. Hopefully we get the "good Campbell" streaks. The law of averages dictates it will happen at least to some degree.

Glad they won, but this is still not a good team. Poor goaltending, bad starts, giving up first goal consistently, poor defensive play and very poor offensive depth.

Not a playoff team.
They should absolutely be a playoff team. The way they have played lately won't get them a spot, but they are a much better team than they have shown flaws an all.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

scoopscj

Feb 13, 2009
Central Joy-See
Just dropping by to say "THANK YOU!" for beating the Rangers in regulation. Oh it's so sweet to see our rivals blow a 3 goal 3rd period lead. My nephew is a big Ranger's fan and said in the 2nd period, "Oilers are so meh this year." and I replied, they are dangerous, wouldn't surprise me to see them win it. Sure enough... boom, 4 goals. It was awesome.

Have a great day guys. :)

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
With the way NHL is pushing Gambling and Fantasy Hockey you'd think they would actually be providing proper and timely injury reports.
If anything they've been just getting more and more vague as of late.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I missed the game and was pleasantly surprised when I looked up the score. What a good character win! They have been coming on the last little while but just not getting the results. I'm glad so see they kept pushing through the adversity. It's looking like this may be a turning point to at least go on a bit of a run.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Are they? We’re at 20+ games, what we see is likely what we got.

So when they're bad, that's what they are, but when they're good, it's just a mirage? Do you genuinely believe the new jersey Devils are going to go something stupid like 68-14? Every team goes through slumps. They played like dog shit last year and went 2-11, turned it around and made the WCF.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
So when they're bad, that's what they are, but when they're good, it's just a mirage? Do you genuinely believe the new jersey Devils are going to go something stupid like 68-14? Every team goes through slumps. They played like dog shit last year and went 2-11, turned it around and made the WCF.
Yea the devils and the bruins are both anomalies this year. There's no way both teams keep that same pace the entire year. Same with Seattle. Seattle seems like they're playing above their means right now as well.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Love Drai, what a boss.
meh. Drai played about 5 mins in this game the way he can play. Mostly on the PP. Oilers aren't even in the game without two goals being called back and without two Bouch goals and an unexpected Holloway snipe, and, well, without the Rangers doing their annual fall asleep with a lead game. Actually they do this more than against us. Rangers would be impossible to like as a team. Still looking for their heart.

Like I said take the W but Drai wasn't exactly a boss on the road trip. Maybe he was buying the drinks like a boss. He wasn't much in any of the games.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
meh. Drai played about 5 mins in this game the way he can play. Mostly on the PP. Oilers aren't even in the game without two goals being called back and without two Bouch goals and an unexpected Holloway snipe, and, well, without the Rangers doing their annual fall asleep with a lead game. Actually they do this more than against us. Rangers would be impossible to like as a team. Still looking for their heart.

Like I said take the W but Drai wasn't exactly a boss on the road trip. Maybe he was buying the drinks like a boss. He wasn't much in any of the games.
Wow. You've done a 180 this year. o_O

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wow. You've done a 180 this year. o_O
Its not me. Drai can turn it around if he wants to. On the whole of the season he is a pedestrian 5 on 5 player. Pretty much in every aspect. If he wants to go back to playing a more complete game I'll respect that. I don't respect the EV play he's giving the club this season.

40 NHL players have as many EV pts as Drai does this season. None of them ever play with McDavid.

170NHL players have as many EV goals than Drai has this season (4)

Drai makes over9M and he's an even player. Not good enough.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Meh to scoring the game winning goal.

Oh it was on the PP doesn’t count.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Meh to scoring the game winning goal.

Oh it was on the PP doesn’t count.
Its the joke Rangers. Against any other team in the league I doubt we get the same comeback result. Just not thrilled with it, or the season. That said I find it harder to like this team these days. I have to take breaks from them.

oh well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad