Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
They need to get their younger players and prospects more involved as full timers like Thompson, Kyrou, Thomas etc and get some of the older slower veterans out.

Healthy Fabbri too.

And I don't know about trades but you know they'll be in on Tavares even if it's not likely.

Pretty much nailed what their strategy should be. :)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
grubauer isn't going to fix this team.
wennberg won't either.

the team needs a legit #1C. none of these half ass fixes like Stastny etc.

IF Tavares is willing to leave NYI then the blues need to do everything possible to make sure he signs with them. They have a tonne of young cheap players that can fill big roles, so overpaying Tavares an extra 1-2M won't hurt them more than if a team like Montreal did so. Especially since Tavares would rather play for a contender, and signing with STL instantly makes them a cup favorite.
Lol, yeah let's just hold Tavares hostage and make him sign with us. Because that's how life works.

And then if we don't get him, then yes let's just not even bother trying to improve our team at all since everybody else sucks.

Nice strategy you got here.,

member 157595

This may be off-topic(?), but if John Tavares makes it to UFA and the Blues are not making a very aggressive push they're run by a bunch of morons. If they can add Tavares and sort out the goaltending situation, they are an immediate Cup contender. I have no idea if Tavares himself is interested but if he wants to win and lead a team, St. Louis is a very good fit.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Nothing that you'd consider moving. Skinner is a much more realistic target though not sure what you guys have cap wise next season.
I like Skinner but another left shot winger is not what the Blues need right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nothing that you'd consider moving. Skinner is a much more realistic target though not sure what you guys have cap wise next season.

What would Skinner cost? Probably wouldn't be interested at the cost, but just curious what you think.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If STL wants a top 6 C but won't trade a top 4 defensemen what are they hoping to accomplish?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
What I’m wondering is what direction the Blues will be going in - are they going to add, or are they going to start rebuilding a bit?

If they feel confident about signing Tavares, I could see them adding.

Jan 21, 2018
Lol, yeah let's just hold Tavares hostage and make him sign with us. Because that's how life works.

And then if we don't get him, then yes let's just not even bother trying to improve our team at all since everybody else sucks.

Nice strategy you got here.,

No wonder you have 15000 posts and only 200 likes.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
What I’m wondering is what direction the Blues will be going in - are they going to add, or are they going to start rebuilding a bit?

They won't be rebuilding. Even a bit. You don't rebuild a team that has a core of Pietrangelo (28), Tarasenko (26), Schwartz (25, 26 before next year begins), Schenn (26), Parayko (25 before next season), Edmundson (25 before next season) with more than a handful of NHL ready prospects. They'll definitely be looking to use picks and prospects to set themselves up to compete in the immediate future (1-3 years).

Lol. I'm a millennial and this might be the most Gen Z/millennial post I've seen it quite some time. Also, likes just became a thing on here recently.

Likes....:laugh:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

They will be adding with an eye towards young players with term. They won't be looking for rentals/1 year contract guys or older UFAs. The re-tool started this year already. They aren't in and don't need a full rebuild.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

As said multiple times above, the feature is relatively new and he was much more prolific poster in the past than he is now. Also, the Blues Board where he posts is a smaller community that doesn't tend to "like" a lot of posts. Other boards, members like everything. Open a random page on the Canes board (nothing against the Canes or their posters who are some of best posters around). They have like 4-8 likes on every single post. Blues board might have 5 likes on an entire page of posts. Only recently one of our posters started liking posts a bunch of posts in our GDT and he's a board hero because nobody else does it. Finally, negative posts are far more likely to be liked than intelligent ones. The number of Likes has zero correlation to the quality of the post.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Because they have zero players that they could build around?
You don't seem to understand what a rebuild is, but of course they have pieces to build around.

If you want to call it a partial rebuild because you keep a couple players then you are arguing semantics. The fact remains they need to rebuild.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This may be off-topic(?), but if John Tavares makes it to UFA and the Blues are not making a very aggressive push they're run by a bunch of morons. If they can add Tavares and sort out the goaltending situation, they are an immediate Cup contender. I have no idea if Tavares himself is interested but if he wants to win and lead a team, St. Louis is a very good fit.

Yeah all they need is a #1 C and a big improvement in net and then they'll be a contender.

This is different from 12 other teams how?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
what would blues want for gunnarson?
4th round could make a trick, Leafs could go for maybe goaltender?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Blueston

member 157595

Yeah all they need is a #1 C and a big improvement in net and then they'll be a contender.

This is different from 12 other teams how?

How many of those teams have a defense of comparable caliber and the cap room to fit Tavares? Of all teams, I'd argue he's the best fit on St. Louis and Carolina. He makes a bigger difference with those teams than any others in my opinion (excluding Montreal, who is still not a contender even after adding Tavares). I also believe that improving the goaltending situation is an easier problem to solve than gathering a deep, strong defense, which both of those teams already have.

I won't derail the thread further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad