Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
St Louis is in an interesting position. Sorta like Philly last year, they have solid NHL-ready prospects and a couple of excellent pieces on the roster who are right in their prime. I think they will be aggressive on Carlson, Kane, etc - big UFAs.

They should try to move Bouwmeester imo if they can.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Does Antipin intrest the Blues? He's actually been one of Buffalo's better defensemen but Housley just doesn't seem to like him. Either the language barrier or maybe he kicked Housleys dog, whatever it is I don't think he wants to play in Buffalo next year, and I don't blame him.

I feel like there's a deal to be made between the teams despite many Blues fans saying Parayako is untouchable. We have Reinhart who could play center, just needs some opportunity, and is a nice net front presence like the Blues need. O'Reilly who is still a damn good player, I just hope Mittlesdat takes his spot in the lineup next year. Maybe O'Reilly moves to wing or Mittlestadt gets parked on Eichel's wing, we just need a big shakeup.

Not in a move that moves Parayko out. If we move Parayko we need at least a proven top 4 caliber RHD that can produce offensively on a decent level.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Not in a move that moves Parayko out. If we move Parayko we need at least a proven top 4 caliber RHD that can produce offensively on a decent level.

Antipin looks like a middle pairing defenseman with great skating, just needs some work on his offensive game transitioning to the NA game. Like I said, I'm not sure why Housley hasn't leaned more heavily on him, best guess is honestly the language thing, and that he does take some risk pinching when he should be transitioning, these things could be coached out of him with someone around who could explain the nuances of the NHL game, ie Tarasenko.

I would gladly give up McCabe, but he's probably too close to Housley, and will most likely not be available. We can also offer Bogosian, but he's kind of a cap dump at this point, a decent middle pairing physical player who just can't stay healthy. I don't want to give up on Risto, especially coming off a bad season he was relied on far too much, his value is probably at an all time low. However if Sabres win the lotto, perhaps Risto could be moved as part of a bigger deal, hes probably flourish with St. Louis in a diminished defensive role while being more depended on for offense.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Leafs will be in on Jay Bo if he is available I think Babcock thinks very highly of him
Bouwmeester is coming off surgery, nobody is going to be interested in taking a $5.4m cap hit for a player who is a complete unknown.

Also, I highly, highly doubt that Bouwmeester would waive for Toronto.

Reactions: 67Blues

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Does Antipin intrest the Blues? He's actually been one of Buffalo's better defensemen but Housley just doesn't seem to like him. Either the language barrier or maybe he kicked Housleys dog, whatever it is I don't think he wants to play in Buffalo next year, and I don't blame him.

I feel like there's a deal to be made between the teams despite many Blues fans saying Parayako is untouchable. We have Reinhart who could play center, just needs some opportunity, and is a nice net front presence like the Blues need. O'Reilly who is still a damn good player, I just hope Mittlesdat takes his spot in the lineup next year. Maybe O'Reilly moves to wing or Mittlestadt gets parked on Eichel's wing, we just need a big shakeup.

To be honest with you, I'm not really too high on any of the Sabres Dmen. I like Risto but I think he's playing a bit too much, granted he has to. I would feel completely uncomfortable having Antipin play 20+ minutes a night with Vince Dunn as our second pairing. Especially if that means only adding Reinhart. Reinhart is a productive player but I think we are trying to move towards a faster paced play style, adding Reinhart would be very counterproductive although he does add some production and a RH shot to our top 6. If what you are offering is what I believe you are in Antipin + Reinhart for Parayko it is definitely nowhere near worth breaking up our core for.

Our problem is we need like 1 more quality quality piece, more consistent goaltending and 1 of Kyrou/Thomas/Thompson to breakout next year in order to be highly competitive. This is also not factoring in the addition of Fabbri back into the lineup. Breaking up our top 4 which most of us are extremely happy with is not worth it at the moment with JT possibly on the market and us having the cap space to bring him in.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What would it take to get Grubauer? I'm not sure I'd pay too much for an untested starter. Thomas, Dunn, and probably Kyrou are off the table for a goalie. I'd be willing to pay equivalent value to what Frederick Anderson got (30th OA and mid 2nd) but not anywhere near what Schneider brought (9th OA).

Grubauer looks like he's going to cost a 1st (or equivalent F prospect) at this point. Kyrou would be my top ask... the Caps have no top 6F prospects in their pipeline. A 1st and 2nd would also be fair value, in my opinion. The Caps need futures to restock their pipeline following a few years of selling futures to go for the Cup. Holtby or Grubauer present an excellent opportunity to smartly restock the cupboard while keeping the team competitive.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Bouwmeester is coming off surgery, nobody is going to be interested in taking a $5.4m cap hit for a player who is a complete unknown.

Only one year left, there will be plenty of interest in J-Bo. Why wouldn't he waive for Toronto? They have once again become a premier destination for players

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

If Toronto is interested in Jbo, then I'd bet he's moved. Players still care about playing a prominent role...or even playing at all. Blues have enough bodies to not even dress him or at best play him in the 3rd pairing. He may be open to playing bigger minutes somewhere else

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
St Louis is in an interesting position. Sorta like Philly last year, they have solid NHL-ready prospects and a couple of excellent pieces on the roster who are right in their prime. I think they will be aggressive on Carlson, Kane, etc - big UFAs.

They should try to move Bouwmeester imo if they can.

I think they've only got their eyes on Tavares in free agency, maybe bringing back Stastny if he leaves Winnipeg

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Only one year left, there will be plenty of interest in J-Bo. Why wouldn't he waive for Toronto? They have once again become a premier destination for players
He's flat out said he doesn't like the Canadian media pressure.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
He was glad to get out of Calgary because of the media scrutiny. There was talk that he refused to waive for Edmonton, his hometown team, for those reasons.

Maybe as a rental he wouldn't be so concerned with it.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He was glad to get out of Calgary because of the media scrutiny. There was talk that he refused to waive for Edmonton, his hometown team, for those reasons.

Maybe as a rental he wouldn't be so concerned with it.

Yeah, and like I mentioned above he'd be playing a drastically different role in Toronto than he did in Calgary where he would only be the media focus if he did something great or royally screwed the pooch

Also, I believe another big contributing factor to him wanting to get out of Calgary is he had hit 750 games without making playoffs..

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Army said yesterday in his end of season presser that only 1 or maybe 2 of our kids could have for roster spots, as he stated you cant have 9 players out there under 20. I fully expect Army to go out and try to acquire a few more 3/4 line players as we can never have too many of them. Once we own all of them, other teams will come begging to overpay for those players. :sarcasm:
Bergevin, is that you?

Reactions: Runner77

alwaysBlue

Jan 17, 2018
What would Toronto pay for him? I think he gets a lot more respect around the league than he does on these forums. He made Team Canada last offseason FFS.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
what would blues want for gunnarson?
He's injured just so you know, but will be ready around the start of the season. If you're interested, I'd probably take a 3rd.

If we brought in one of those goalies, Allen would have to be going the other way, and that doesn't make sense from Washington's standpoint. They'll roll with Allen and Husso next season and give Husso probably 20-30 starts depending on how he does. Husso is the future.
They can move Allen in another deal to a different team that needs a goalie. He wouldn't have to go to Washington.

I think the Blues will look at the goaltending situation.

But first, they will focus on bringing in more offense. Hoffman, Duchene, Galchenyuk, Tyler Johnson, etc... could be options. They will definitely be buyers on this market.

I think the Blues' primary trade bait will be futures (Winnipeg's 1st, Thompson, Kostin, Kyrou, Walman, Blais, Schmaltz, etc) and Sobotka/Berglund.

Jan 21, 2018
grubauer isn't going to fix this team.
wennberg won't either.

the team needs a legit #1C. none of these half ass fixes like Stastny etc.

IF Tavares is willing to leave NYI then the blues need to do everything possible to make sure he signs with them. They have a tonne of young cheap players that can fill big roles, so overpaying Tavares an extra 1-2M won't hurt them more than if a team like Montreal did so. Especially since Tavares would rather play for a contender, and signing with STL instantly makes them a cup favorite.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Is Edmundson available and at what cost?

More than likely not. IF they trade Eddie, their LHD depth is Dunn, Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson and none of those guys should be on a top pairing. Edmundson is the only guy the Blues have that can eat 21+ minutes from the left side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad