Post-Game Talk: “DP for the win” • Oilers win 6-3

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
Disclosure is required. It really depends on the form of disclosure though. All charities legally have to provide their statements if someone goes through the request process. That isn't great, but it is something. The last set of statements for ECF that I could find was for 2017 fiscal year.

It looks like the ECF gives a lot of money to that Inner City High School.

37% of their donations went to administration in 2016-17 which is on the high end. In comparison 18% of donations to the United Way of Northern Alberta goes to administration, 45% of YESS donations go to administration and 7% of donations to Edmonton's food ban goes to administration.

Since it is in the news 10% of WE charity donations go to administration, although they haven't released financial statements in 18 months.

All registered charities are required to submit an annual T-3010 (must be submitted within 6 months of the charities year-end) which breaks down revenue source and types of incurred expenses. This is all publicly available online via the CRA website (Google CRA List of Charities to find the link where you can search Canadian Registered Charities).

Just fact checking your info, I am curious how you got 45% for YESS admin expenses? From 2016-2019, YESS Admin + Management Costs fluctuated between 17-28% per the CRA website.

Regardless, as other posters have mentioned, each Charities situation is unique and without additional context it's hard to make judgments based off the numbers available.

Edit: to further the spread of information, as of 2019-06-30 the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation reported Admin + Management Costs of 5.67%, fundraising costs of 55.48%, 24.73% being gifted to other registered charities, and 14.12% being used for its own charitable purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I can’t go into butterfly position so I probably wouldn’t have saved the Ennis shot.. but damn, that one is going to haunt Crawford for a while

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
THAT never gets old. Don't even look at the polished Gran Torino.

What happened to this neighborhood..

<insert memes/gifs>

jebus I'm being a pawn to the plot, make it stop...

I knew that would draw you in. Excellent. :snide:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Go to 7:06

Another great play by Yamo, started off by a slick pass by Drai.

However the play in question hilites everything wrong with the line. Drai the leading scorer in NHL doing the board work, dirty work, Yama wide open waiting for a pass, and Ennis as the guy in front of the net looking for crumbs.

How much better it would be if Drai was ever getting good service on that line. We've line assigned the top scorer in the NHL to be doing the grunt work. Then people ask the grunt why he has no shots.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I can’t go into butterfly position so I probably wouldn’t have saved the Ennis shot.. but damn, that one is going to haunt Crawford for a while

He was kind of in butterfly. He just didn't close his legs (that's what she said) for some reason. He wasn't actually screened either, there was a pretty clear lane of vision for him to see the shot. Maybe he got caught looking at the hit on Drai.

Reactions: ClinicallyOilered

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
However the play in question hilites everything wrong with the line. Drai the leading scorer in NHL doing the board work, dirty work, Yama wide open waiting for a pass, and Ennis as the guy in front of the net looking for crumbs.

How much better it would be if Drai was ever getting good service on that line. We've line assigned the top scorer in the NHL to be doing the grunt work. Then people ask the grunt why he has no shots.
You mean Yams got wide open and gave draisaitl an option and you're still gonna complain?

You also say that Draisaitl would work best on a heavy line, you know what heavy lines do? Cycle.
You know what cycling requires? Board work.

So which one is it.

Alot of top players do board work.

Crosby? One of the best at it.

Toews? Very good.

Kopitar? Very good.

Reactions: TB12 and ahawowow

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
He was kind of in butterfly. He just didn't close his legs (that's what she said) for some reason. He wasn't actually screened either, there was a pretty clear lane of vision for him to see the shot. Maybe he got caught looking at the hit on Drai.
You’re right, he was just spreading his “wings”. I missed the goal the first time because of that crosscheck too lol

Reactions: Cloned

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Drai with 2 other players that are big and skilled enough to play a puck possession game would be a nightmare for every single other team in the league.

Pains me to say it but I think Ratboy would have been a good fit (not like he's a big player but he has the skill and 'tenacity'). Fingers crossed that Pulju makes his way back over with his head screwed on right, I could see him being a good fit with Drai as well.

Reactions: nally and Duke74

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
They are the playoffs officially though I think, in terms of “making the playoffs.”

No, the qualifying round isn't technically the playoffs. If you lose the round, you're considered to have not made the playoffs.... although all the statistics are playoff stats.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No, the qualifying round isn't technically the playoffs. If you lose the round, you're considered to have not made the playoffs.... although all the statistics are playoff stats.

2020 Stanley Cup playoffs - Wikipedia
With the ratification of an extension to the collective bargaining agreement on July 10, the league also announced that all teams participating in the Qualifying Round are considered to have made the playoffs and have participated in a playoff series.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Gotta love the headline. Better than "Oiler fans empty wallets looking for life changing payday."

LOL, no kidding. When I bought my ticket, I was only hoping to change some lives and really couldn't give a shit about winning a million and a half bucks.

P.S. Still glad that half of it went to a good cause.:D:thumbu:

Reactions: PositiveCashFlow

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Perhaps then they just dont count as having made the playoffs for the sake of conditional compensatory picks in trades? Or did the NHL flipflop? I could have sworn the official stance was the qualifier wasn't the playoffs.

Clear as mud, this whole RTP thing...

They're basically being non-uniform when it comes to when and how the playoff term is applied. Typical NHL.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Also thought Chiasson had a really good game. Very physical, and punished a few smaller Hawks, then scored a nice goal which was the result of Neal crashing the net. Now they just need to drag Jujar into the battle a bit more.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

A36AAB27-26C2-494B-BD5C-43A3E43A48A5.gif

Connor says hi.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not sure if this was mentioned, but man, that was hokey with the girl throwing a few hats on the ice when McDavid got his 3rd goal. I know they want to try to make this as realistic as possible, but that was lame staging.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
RNH is a savvy vet. High level player, and my knocks on him have been that he often doesn't bring it. But when Nuge is playing with McD, or Drai, he brings it.

Thus Drai, with Nuge, was getting as much help as Drai with Hall. The main difference is Hall would sustain that longer. Nuge tends to be white hot for 1,2mths and then fallback. Yama was along for that perfect ride, and certainly contributing to it. One could even say he was a catalyst. but it was mostly Drai and Nuge together being on the top of their games and both excellent players. You could put Archibald on a line with Nuge and Drai and he'd knock it out of the ballpark. Archie does good in topsix bumps

Yama in these two games is looking more like yesteryear Yama than this season Yama. Not trying to knock him. its his first playoffs, he's obviously buzzed skyhigh, but I think hes also too excited to slow things down yet. Gonna take some time. Do we have the time is the question. Yama sometimes gets way too excited and the game needs to slow down for him again. its brutal that covid-19 took away the kids coming out party and now put a +4 month hold on it. I say this because it took awhile for Yama to figure it out. Now he's having to do that rapidly again, and in the playoffs, and against some tough line opposition, and seeing a lot of Keith.

If the bolded is true (I don't know whether it is or not) I think the solution is simple: Play Yamamoto with McDavid and put RNH-Drai-Archie together as a line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad