Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Never got, or get the fuss over Carlo and Gryz’s cap hits in particular. I think they both bring good to great value for what they’re paid.

Carlo had a rough season or two coming off of several concussions. He’s played really well this year, and he’s more or less a pure defensive D so his mistakes stick out more.

Gryz is not spectacular but he doesn’t need to be. Can sometimes be exposed due to his size but he’s been a very dependable player for us for a long time. Think getting rid of him makes a 2014 Boychuk-esque hole on our team in terms of him as a player and him in the room. I certainly don’t think they could use 3.7m to get anyone that brings more.

Neither of them are “cap dump”. Both valuable contributors.

Sure, and that’s perfectly valid and worthy of discussion which is what this whole place is for. Expressing a different view shouldn’t be worthy of being made to feel foolish.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Never got, or get the fuss over Carlo and Gryz’s cap hits in particular. I think they both bring good to great value for what they’re paid.

Carlo had a rough season or two coming off of several concussions. He’s played really well this year, and he’s more or less a pure defensive D so his mistakes stick out more.

Gryz is not spectacular but he doesn’t need to be. Can sometimes be exposed due to his size but he’s been a very dependable player for us for a long time. Think getting rid of him makes a 2014 Boychuk-esque hole on our team in terms of him as a player and him in the room. I certainly don’t think they could use 3.7m to get anyone that brings more.

Neither of them are “cap dump”. Both valuable contributors.
Just for clarification , I feel comparing Gryz to Carlo is like comparing apples to oranges. ONE is a primary Penalty killer the other is very sheltered in the minutes he plays . Limiting the amount of time your two stud D spend doing the heavy lifting on the P.K. goes a long way towards a winning formula . Unless your Stud D greatest asset is in this area. I feel that is not the case for either 73 or 27. There playing time is best served for 5 on 5 ,or power play . Both are quite capable of contributing to the PK . The more you save both from spending to much time on the PK . The more success the Bruins will have

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Just for clarification , I feel comparing Gryz to Carlo is like comparing apples to oranges. ONE is a primary Penalty killer the other is very sheltered in the minutes he plays . Limiting the amount of time your two stud D spend doing the heavy lifting on the P.K. goes a long way towards a winning formula . Unless your Stud D greatest asset is in this area. I feel that is not the case for either 73 or 27. There playing time is best served for 5 on 5 ,or power play . Both are quite capable of contributing to the PK . The more you save both from spending to much time on the PK . The more success the Bruins will have

This makes no sense.

• Wow
Reactions: bme44

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
We watch hockey ? Grzelcyk is a hockey player ? Right

But HE MIGHT get hurt by a cheap shot in 6 months let’s weaken the team the room the karma to get some guy who can fight

What the F folks

I spent all last season on here and Twitter explaining Ullmark was good and to the Cassidy Cult members he was playing harmful mind games with young players and pissing of vets.

32-4 and can’t enjoy or appreciate anything
This team is so stupid good. At 62 and live and diving with this team since I was about 12 I have never seen anything like this.

I keep telling myself this can't be happening because I still feel we need a few adjustments to get even better.

I'm also a realist and truly believe most of what's happening is the legendary goaltending we have.

So I hope DS doesn't get comfortable and pulls off a trade that can put us over the top and bring home another cup.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Sure, and that’s perfectly valid and worthy of discussion which is what this whole place is for. Expressing a different view shouldn’t be worthy of being made to feel foolish.

Please feel free to point out if I did, but I fail to see where I made, or attempted to make anyone feel foolish.

I wasn't really comparing them, they just both get the most amount of flack on this board.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
This team is so stupid good. At 62 and live and diving with this team since I was about 12 I have never seen anything like this.

I keep telling myself this can't be happening because I still feel we need a few adjustments to get even better.

I'm also a realist and truly believe most of what's happening is the legendary goaltending we have.

So I hope DS doesn't get comfortable and pulls off a trade that can put us over the top and bring home another cup.
What's a trade that "puts us over the top?"

Nothing is a guaranty. And the team we have is the one that got us where we are right now. Not saying there ISN'T room for improvement, but moving core players out of that equation doesn't seem like the kinda move that puts us over the top without hurting the existing team in some way.

We move picks/prospects and dump the guys that have been waived throughout the season to make room for upgrades. Grzelyk and Carlo are both tied for second with a +18; and Carlo is averaging the 5th most TOI. I'd say both are core members of this team and lockerroom.

I think moving a pick and/or prospects and dumping Smith or Reilly for 2 versatile vets is the way to go.

Smith finally scored a goal, so maybe his value is above negative? Ideally we move Reilly, but that probably costs more.

Of course I'd love to add a big name like Horvat, Chychryn, etc. I just don't see how it realistically works, unless someone Taylor Hall's themselves to this team.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Too tired to read up on what I’ve missed here, so if it’s been discussed….sorry!

But,

I would not mind Vatrano part deux.

Reactions: CDJ

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Every year I say Bruins should make trades. I always say make more to win the cup. This year, as of now no way. Unless it a move to move cap space out or we show a weakness in the next 8 weeks. This team is incredible. They love each other and play as a team like we have never seen before. Nothing is broke and we are a near perfect team.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
This is a good team. Fun team to watch.

But you match the Bruins up with the Canes, Lightning, or Caps for seven games and you will see alot of this fun 7-1 stuff disappear before our eyes.

Its just playoff hockey. The pressure and physical fore-checking goes way, way up. We all know this.

The Bruins need to add a couple of Dman that can soak up minutes and play a rugged/playoff game.

If the goalie stays hot, the Bruins are real REAL threat this year...

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
This is a good team. Fun team to watch.

But you match the Bruins up with the Canes, Lightning, or Caps for seven games and you will see alot of this fun 7-1 stuff disappear before our eyes.

Its just playoff hockey. The pressure and physical fore-checking goes way, way up. We all know this.

The Bruins need to add a couple of Dman that can soak up minutes and play a rugged/playoff game.

If the goalie stays hot, the Bruins are real REAL threat this year...
Quite correct, but I would settle for one good, rugged d man.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I will be very Polite as a poster that never professes to claim I am more knowledgeable than any other poster. I am a Bruin fan that does question if Gryz is the best option for a cap hit of 3,687 500 if you are trying to win 16 playoff games . It has nothing to do with his height it has everything to do with what he brings to the Bruins, for his cap hit. This can be said for every player because it is about giving the Bruins the best chance at winning the Stanley cup. Calling any fan a fake tough guy or a Dumb ass because they view certain players differently is not cool.

I will gladly go on record as saying I feel that 3.687 500 could be spent on a player,that I feel could help the Bruins more in there quest for the Cup

Bruins made the SCF with Grzelcyk on their defensive core. They were one win away from this whole take being null and void.

When it’s that close, it’s a literal coin flip and thus: the Bruins can win a Cup with Grzelcyk and his 3.6M is money well spent.

We watch hockey ? Grzelcyk is a hockey player ? Right

But HE MIGHT get hurt by a cheap shot in 6 months let’s weaken the team the room the karma to get some guy who can fight

What the F folks

I spent all last season on here and Twitter explaining Ullmark was good and to the Cassidy Cult members he was playing harmful mind games with young players and pissing of vets.

32-4 and can’t enjoy or appreciate anything

Let’s be honest, Bruins could win the Cup in 7 and people would complain they couldn’t do it in 6.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins made the SCF with Grzelcyk on their defensive core. They were one win away from this whole take being null and void.

When it’s that close, it’s a literal coin flip and thus: the Bruins can win a Cup with Grzelcyk and his 3.6M is money well spent.

Let’s be honest, Bruins could win the Cup in 7 and people would complain they couldn’t do it in 6.
Grzelcyk made a great pass for Pastrnak third goal and without it no hat trick but that Zegras - Frederic dust up went full bench clearing brawl I’d rather have Jared Tinordi

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When it comes to Grzelcyk

Bottom line is to win and takes all types - he’s #1 killing plays thru zone as well as outstanding breakout. If you get Chychrun awesome but tell me the move and I’ll opine if it’s possible or feasible and makes team better. People on HF have yet to meet this criteria/ they just want to subtract with no plan - natta.

Bruins fan anti Grzelcyk thought process

‘I don’t like my 2018 Honda my parents gave me because it’s it’s blue I’m going to get rid off it’

Co-worker ‘what are you going to get. You need something dependable with good mileage’

BF anti Grzelcyk ‘No idea but maybe a Range Rover. Black with tinted windows. Or a Dodge Ram. A truck. I may need to bring the leaf bags to the dump if I miss those scheduled Fall pickup days.’

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad