Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Still can’t believe people are suggesting waiving Frederic lol

Like wtf.
You don't understand 4d chess, obviously.

You dump TFred and shed $1m. Then you replace him with the guy playing poorly down on the farm for almost $900,000. That's a whole $100k you've knocked off your cap, right there.

Only 15 more roster moves just like that and you'll be able to fit Forbort's money under the cap when he's healed up.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
At this point after the lack of interest in Smith, do we think it takes more than a 4th to get rid of him?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
It’s ridiculous
They have no clue , there is so much to this game . Winning teams need to be positive in all aspects of the game , I have been noticing a growth spurt in hisgame this year and hope it continues , you need all assets working to be successful in this game. Give the kid some room and lets hope he continues in a positive manner.........

Last edited:
Reactions: duffy and 4ORRBRUIN

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Lindholm-Carlo
Grizz-McAvoy
Forbort-Clifton

When healthy, I'd argue that's the best back end in the NHL, top to bottom.

Cliffy, playing at the level he's been playing at, is such a huge boost.

This team is talented and deep. So much so, that we are reduced to spending our time debating who our 4th Line LW should be........High class problems to have.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lindholm-Carlo
Grizz-McAvoy
Forbort-Clifton

This team is talented and deep. So much so, that we are reduced to spending our time debating who our 4th Line LW should be........High class problems to have.

I don’t know why our top pairing is listed as the 2nd pairing ;)

Reactions: 24giovanni

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Lindholm-Carlo
Grizz-McAvoy
Forbort-Clifton

Probably the most expensive too

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Lindholm-Carlo
Grizz-McAvoy
Forbort-Clifton

Donny one of the best gm in the business.

Reactions: bme44 and 13Hockey

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It's pretty clear if no team takes him for free one of two things has to happen to move him .

Either a pick or a prospect has to move with him

Or you have to retain salary .

That's what happens when you sign players to contracts twice their worth.

Dom already pointed out his cap hit isn't the issue, it's the extra year left

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
maybe Smith can have an "injury"

Please stop. If your one of the best GM's in the Buisness , you don't sign Miller. The level of stupidity it takes to do that goes way beyond my imagination.
Not all gm are perfect but hes pretty good at his job. 1 final countless playoff games got the team another suberb coach and 12 and 2 start. I give him a solid A.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
What's the + we are gonna tack on to take Smith or Reilly (the most likely moved)

Wonder if Sweeney's 4D chess move was to sign Miller and moving one of our own viable prospects to help take a contract. Only to have it blow up in his face.

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Which is part of the issue, since his cap hit goes next year, too.

Other teams don't think he's worth his contract/cap hit at 3M next season, too.
The "he's not worth his cap hit" is a lazy argument IMO.

It could be that there are 25 teams in the league who think he's worth his cap hit, but they don't have the cap space to add him without unloading money.

There are only 7 teams in the league who could have added Reilly via waivers (adding all his cap hit without shedding any money), and most of them are competing for Bedard.

Last edited:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
What's the + we are gonna tack on to take Smith or Reilly (the most likely moved)

Wonder if Sweeney's 4D chess move was to sign Miller and moving one of our own viable prospects to help take a contract. Only to have it blow up in his face.
No part of signing miller was a 4D move. Sweeney's worst decision to date, and he's had some bad ones.

I've been a Sweeney supporter for most of his run, largely because he's signed good extensions and I think he makes good trades that bring in guys the team needs. Lindholm, Coyle, Hall, even Nash and Kase were good pieces that would've helped if not for injury.

Maintaining a prospect pool has never been his strength, nor has free agency (Ullmark and maybe Forbort being the big exceptions), and those get inherently intertwined as he has consistently had to deplete the prospect pool to get rid of the terrible contracts he's handed out, and now here we are about to watch him do it again with Reilly.

I hope a late pick can get it done. Or maybe a pick+a goalie prospect since we have plenty. Studnicka+Reilly could've been a great package instead of trading Stud for our now 6th string goalie and a prospect that may never play in North America (admittedly pessimistic outlook for the sake of argument).

Whatever we give up, I hope it's Sweeney's last move. Clean up the cap mess you've created, apologize publicly for the Miller debacle, then show yourself the door.

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No part of signing miller was a 4D move. Sweeney's worst decision to date, and he's had some bad ones.

I've been a Sweeney supporter for most of his run, largely because he's signed good extensions and I think he makes good trades that bring in guys the team needs. Lindholm, Coyle, Hall, even Nash and Kase were good pieces that would've helped if not for injury.

Maintaining a prospect pool has never been his strength, nor has free agency (Ullmark and maybe Forbort being the big exceptions), and those get inherently intertwined as he has consistently had to deplete the prospect pool to get rid of the terrible contracts he's handed out, and now here we are about to watch him do it again with Reilly.

I hope a late pick can get it done. Or maybe a pick+a goalie prospect since we have plenty. Studnicka+Reilly could've been a great package instead of trading Stud for our now 6th string goalie and a prospect that may never play in North America (admittedly pessimistic outlook for the sake of argument).

Whatever we give up, I hope it's Sweeney's last move. Clean up the cap mess you've created, apologize publicly for the Miller debacle, then show yourself the door.
the Miller deal is invalid, thanks, if you want to talk Miller, there's an open thread here...... what G Prospect under Boston control are we really talking here, and no the recently acquired DiPietro isn't it...... doubtful the 2 G Contracted and in PRO at present filling in for Kincaid/Keyser aren't going anywhere, nor are the prospects like Dyck or Svedeback who aren't prospects on an ELC Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad