Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yes, the guy we watched seemingly fit in last year and this pre-season. He's proven he can play in the NHL. McLovin has more speed, proven he can score NHL, and like I said earlier plays PK.

Frederic is the low man on the ladder now...if he isn't playing pk or pp he's next to go.
Why does he have to go? He’s playing well, and someone is the 4th LW without teams time.

Reactions: Kegs and LouJersey

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes, the guy we watched seemingly fit in last year and this pre-season. He's proven he can play in the NHL. McLovin has more speed, proven he can score NHL, and like I said earlier plays PK.

Frederic is the low man on the ladder now...if he isn't playing pk or pp he's next to go.
You think they’ll waive him? It’s not like moving him clears enough cap

I get it, you’re deeply biased against him. This is just silly now

McLaughlin proved he’s an NHL player the same way Petr Kalus did

Last edited:
Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yes the guy with 2 points in 12 AHL games is a better fit than Frederic, who is producing twice as much at the nhl level
yes and he will not bring the physicality that Fredrics brings , but move Fredrics and bring in a less physical player and the Bruins fans can bitch about the team not playing the heavy game , they need something to make themselves feel better..

Reactions: CDJ

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

I am not a fan of TF ,but he has been getting better and playing better, even fought at a reasonable time the other night. Low man on the totem pole is Greer, who does not have trade value unfortunately.

Reactions: bruinshoper

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Greer or Lauko would be an upgrade over Smith

It also looks like Montgomery is positioning Carlo and Gryz as an elite bottom pair. He loves Forbort and Clifton.

Frederic to me is a keeper in the bottom six for a long time.
Enjoy Clifton while he is playing well , I think the shine will be off him at some point especially if he plays top four minutes .............

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
twice now teams could literally have taken Reilly for free. All passed.
So the question becomes what do you give up for some team to take him?
You wait ,three weeks before Forbort returns and a lot can change in three weeks. Injuries happen

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

Moore pretty much cost us a second round pick. Reilly is overpriced, but at least serviceable: I'd think it's gonna take a third round pick and I'd do it.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Frederic is more deserving of his 3rd line spot than Smith right now. Smith on 4th last night I know, but he and Nosek really don't impress me right now. I feel like a better 4C would be huge for the playoffs. Hoping Smith gets back to his old ways. He's been bone dry since the playoffs last year.

What's our deadline cap space looking like right now ? If dumping Reilly and Smith help that, let's go full on TB and add a Kane or O'Reilly to this team.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You wait ,three weeks before Forbort returns and a lot can change in three weeks. Injuries happen
Exactly , do not make panic moves and start trading picks to move contracts , this is the NHL alot can happen in three weeks . Not a Reilly fan never have been but he is only 29 someone will be seeking him out at some point , even if you move him on the cheap , hold firm is my take on this scenario that Sweeney as orchestrated so badly..........

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The problem with Reilly isn't Reilly the hockey player. It's not even the cap hit. Teams just don't want the second year.

I know one team that would have taken him on the waiver wire but balked because of that second year.

So, a trade becomes a better option for anyone who would be interested. You can get the Bruins to retain or to add a sweetener. Or both.

Last edited:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Exactly , do not make panic moves and start trading picks to move contracts , this is the NHL alot can happen in three weeks . Not a Reilly fan never have been but he is only 29 someone will be seeking him out at some point , even if you move him on the cheap , hold firm is my take on this scenario that Sweeney as orchestrated so badly..........
I do not want to trade Smith, but we have to trade him and Reilly by January if not sooner so we can improve ourselves at the deadline. Maybe Sweeney can do it all in a week, but that is not the way to go.

Reactions: Gordoff

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The problem with Reilly isn't Reilly the hockey player. It's not even the cap hit. Teams just don't want the second year.

I know one team that would have taken him on the waiver wire but balked because of that second year.

So, a trade becomes a better option for anyone who would be interested. You can get the Bruins to retain or to add a sweetener. Or both.
Do you have any sense on if there's a market for Smith? Feel like he's the next man up on the waiver wire to make room for Forbort. Would be great if we could get anything in return for him, but would settle for simply getting claimed since that would dramatically help the cap.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Reilly (at the very least) is going to take an asset to get rid of.

If Smith is that asset, great, but I have a feeling he's approaching negative value as well.

Honestly with how few teams have cap space, and the non-competitive status of the teams that do have cap space, I think a shocking amount of players in the league have “negative value”.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Yup, how that workout for Donato.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Honestly with how few teams have cap space, and the non-competitive status of the teams that do have cap space, I think a shocking amount of players in the league have “negative value”.
I agree.

And that's a problem.

I guess for teams that can take on salary, that's good way to take advantage.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Yup just like the news today...Werenski out for the year. Blue Jackets are down bad. Boqvist on IR as well.

They only have two LHD in Gavrikov and Jake Bean, with the former potentially being a haul for them at the TDL...

Who is going to run a PP back there for them as well? Reilly may make some sense there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad