GDT: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Flames (34-16-6) @ (づ◔ ͜ʖ◔)づ Panthers (23-24-8) - Feb 14 | 5PM MST | SNET-W

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You obviously don’t know the difference between fact and speculation. Maybe Johnny and Rittich are hurt too! They haven’t looked nearly as good since the break either

Gaudreau has been snake bitten as hell and still produced, and Rittich has regressed but still playing reasonable. Tell me your honest opinion, do you think he's healthy right now? I'll eat my hat on this one if I'm wrong in the end.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Gaudreau has been snake bitten as hell and still produced, and Rittich has regressed but still playing reasonable. Tell me your honest opinion, do you think he's healthy right now? I'll eat my hat on this one if I'm wrong in the end.
  1. Gaudreau hasn’t even been close to the level he was before the break. As far as Tkachuk is concerned, I don’t know. I love the kid, but I think he tops out a lot closer to 60 point player, than a PPG player and paying to be a PPG player would be a horrible mistake. In all honesty, the “Ratchuck” thing was getting out of hand and was going to start effecting us negatively. I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple people sat him down and told him to tone it down. It’s one thing to be an agitator and back it up, but it’s completely different to turtle.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Tkachuk is definitely bad right now, and it's not just luck. He's not getting to the net, which is the biggest issue. A lot of his goals over the year have been from around the crease, and right now he's a perimeter player. One of the hallmarks of his game that I've seen in the last few is getting the puck below the goal-line and blindly flicking it between his legs towards the slot. A low-percentage and low-IQ play that usually leads to a 3-on-2 against.

That isn't what Tkachuk is all about. I believe he'll come out of this slump, but he has to make changes first. Hopefully they work with him in the video room.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
  1. Gaudreau hasn’t even been close to the level he was before the break. As far as Tkachuk is concerned, I don’t know. I love the kid, but I think he tops out a lot closer to 60 point player, than a PPG player and paying to be a PPG player would be a horrible mistake. In all honesty, the “Ratchuck” thing was getting out of hand and was going to start effecting us negatively. I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple people sat him down and told him to tone it down. It’s one thing to be an agitator and back it up, but it’s completely different to turtle.

Telling him to stop being an agitator doesn't mean you lose all your offensive instincts. His passing is way off the mark and he looks lost. Gaudreau has regressed but is still creating at a good mark.

Look, I can't say I know anything, but I don't think he looks right and I just can't see otherwise until he gets better. We will see at the end of the year if it turns out to just be a huge slump or that Tkachuk is hurt bad. Otherwise, I just hope to god he starts playing better.

Also, thanks for being respectful and not turning this into a hurl of insults. I understand people can't ever agree, but things get way too personal here sometimes (even I do it and go too far).

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Elias is our best player. Better than Johnny. Consistent and steady.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
This is the first time all season that we've lost more than 3 games in a row. Every team goes through at least one of these losing streaks a season, if not more. The sky is not falling, this is just part of what happens in an 82 game season and judging by how the team has played this season I'm sure we'll snap out of it soon and be fine.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Elias is a 45pt 2nd liner without Johnny who never hit 18 goals in a season. He's having a great season because he's the lone skilled RHS in a cushy situation.

Johnny IS the cushy situation.

When Johnny starts digging pucks out of the corners I'll agree with you. As is stands Elias is the most complete forward on the team imo.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
When Johnny starts digging pucks out of the corners I'll agree with you. As is stands Elias is the most complete forward on the team imo.

Alex Burrows dug all the pucks out of corners for Daniel and Henrik Sedin for years.

Lindholm doesn't even play center 80% of the time unlike Backlund, if "completeness" is the criteria. You think Backlund wouldn't produce more playing PP1 and RW with Gaudreau?

Let's call a spade a spade, Lindholm is a very good, versatile complimentary forward. All good teams need one or two. TJ Oshie, Patric Hornqvist, Tyler Johnson, Tomas Hertl. They're invaluable. But these kinda guys don't make an entire team click.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

The Flames are lucky in that we’re loaded with some really nice young talent. Lindholm is one of those players. There’s been some games where Janks has looked like the best, some others where it’s been Bennett on more than a few occasions. Early on in the season Tkachuk was dominant and so was Monahan. Overall Gaudreau has been the most deadly but I agree hands down that Lindholm is our most complete player. He’s such a great player and it’s a treat to watch him.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Alex Burrows dug all the pucks out of corners for Daniel and Henrik Sedin for years.

Lindholm doesn't even play center 80% of the time unlike Backlund, if "completeness" is the criteria. You think Backlund wouldn't produce more playing PP1 and RW with Gaudreau?

Let's call a spade a spade, Lindholm is a very good, versatile complimentary forward. All good teams need one or two. TJ Oshie, Patric Hornqvist, Tyler Johnson, Tomas Hertl. They're invaluable. But these kinda guys don't make an entire team click.

Elias is like a more deadly Backlund though. Dude has it all.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The vocal majority is over analyzing a small sample size as per usual. Just like they did earlier in the season.

This team will figure it out in a few games.
Our biggest problems aren't really a small sample size anymore, it's been since Christmas which is 20 games. The only major difference between now and before the break, is goal scoring is down.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
On the bright side! Smith had a pretty good game. Games like tonight and against Vancouver happen.. Just running into some hot goalies. The first Florida goal literally went off the dudes chest and in, which is luck we aren't getting right now even though we've been the better team 2 or 3 of the last 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad