GDT: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Flames (34-16-6) @ (づ◔ ͜ʖ◔)づ Panthers (23-24-8) - Feb 14 | 5PM MST | SNET-W

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Brief list of average goaltenders we've made look like gods this season that have resulted in us dropping points:

Jake Allen x2
Jakub Markstrom x2
Martin Jones
James Reimer

James f***ing Reimer....one of the few worse than Smith

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Brief list of average goaltenders we've made look like gods this season, which has resulted in us dropping points:

Jake Allen x2
Jakub Markstrom x2
Martin Jones
James Reimer

We have made several others look outstanding while beating them anyway, too, like Delia and Mrazek.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Missing the open net on Brodie's shot? He can **** off now, he's costing the team points and looks bad. Idc if we find out he's cripped at the end of the year, he's being a selfish pos because he wants to try and get paid.

Enough. He is not playing because he wants to get paid, he's playing because he wants to help his team win. If you want to talk bad about one of our best players and an assistant captain who is helping to lead this team to its best record in 30 years, do it at home, on your own time, in your diary.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
No, but at the same time, the last two games we've gone to a shootout have gone to a shootout because of our inability to bury chances in open play, and especially our inability to convert odd-man rushes. That will matter in the playoffs.

It just means we will win a crazy quadruple overtime barn burner :)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It just means we will win a crazy quadruple overtime barn burner :)
We can only hope.

I'm not overly concerned about our lack of finish lately. Decisions to pass instead of shoot and things like that go in waves with confidence, and we'll go back to being hot at some point. It's just frustrating as a fan to wait days in between games, hoping it'll be next game.

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
I mean I don't know why people are brushing it off like nothing. We look absolutely awful right now with next to nothing working. I don't think any Colorado fan anticipated being were they are right now.

Every point matters. Its better than getting no point im the standings. Its all about getting to the playoffs. Playoffs is a whole new season and anything can happen.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Enough. He is not playing because he wants to get paid, he's playing because he wants to help his team win. If you want to talk bad about one of our best players and an assistant captain who is helping to lead this team to its best record in 30 years, do it at home, on your own time, in your diary.

Right, because his set the bar comment definitely was a nothing-burger. He sucks right now, simple as that. I don't give a f*** what he thinks he is doing, this team has lost 5 of 6 and he has been a big part of it. Unlike some people here, I dont think its admirable to play hurt and drag your entire team down because you want to be a warrior. It's stupid as hell, and has only served to make an entire line ineffective. But hey, keep believing in that old hockey philosophy from 30 years ago, I'll believe that Tkachuk is a liability that should be sitting and healing because it's the right thing.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Missing the open net on Brodie's shot? He can **** off now, he's costing the team points and looks bad. Idc if we find out he's cripped at the end of the year, he's being a selfish pos because he wants to try and get paid.
Your fascination with players playing hurt is one of the most laughable things on HF recently. Just have some respect for players battling through something to try and help their team. Like, I think 50% of our gameday talk was you bitching about Hamonic, Tkachuk and Lindholm.

Give it a rest.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Your fascination with players playing hurt is one of the most laughable things on HF recently. Just have some respect for players battling through something to try and help their team. Like, I think 50% of our gameday talk was you *****ing about Hamonic, Tkachuk and Lindholm.

Give it a rest.

I said nothing about Lindy and only complained about hamonic once when he got walked (and based off of his mobility, he should be sitting too).

Sorry, I don't respect players playing hurt when it affects them to the extent it has with tkachuk. Same with Monahan, it only served to see this entire team slump last year, and I don't think it's a coincidence we've slumped again this year. Being an idiot with your body will only have bad future consequences, and his play is a liability. And if so many here think we are actually going anywhere in the playoffs with those two injured... yeesh.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I mean I don't know why people are brushing it off like nothing. We look absolutely awful right now with next to nothing working. I don't think any Colorado fan anticipated being were they are right now.

PDO goes in ebbs and flows. It's not independant of team play on a micro scale but it's typical of all teams.

Right now our PDO is ebbing. In January it was flowing.

As for Colorado I think they have a talent issue past their top line. We don't, we're a stacked team that's just trying to get its timing back while we get everyone's A game.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I said nothing about Lindy and only complained about hamonic once when he got walked (and based off of his mobility, he should be sitting too).

Sorry, I don't respect players playing hurt when it affects them to the extent it has with tkachuk. Same with Monahan, it only served to see this entire team slump last year, and I don't think it's a coincidence we've slumped again this year. Being an idiot with your body will only have bad future consequences, and his play is a liability. And if so many here think we are actually going anywhere in the playoffs with those two injured... yeesh.
You were bitching about Lindholm being out in OT because he looked banged up. Here's something, the players and trainers know more about their bodies and capabilities than you ever will. Thank God your house league attitude isn't reciprocated by anyone in the league.

Like, sure Tkachuk hasn't been good, but we'd be hurting a lot more without him than with him

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
PDO goes in ebbs and flows. It's not independant of team play on a micro scale but it's typical of all teams.

Right now our PDO is ebbing. In January it was flowing.

As for Colorado I think they have a talent issue past their top line. We don't, we're a stacked team that's just trying to get its timing back while we get everyone's A game.

PDO is a stat that basically measures confidence.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
That last statement makes no sense. So putting a healthy body like Bennett would hurt the team because? Our 2nd line has 1 pt in 5 games and tkachuk is coughing up the puck like he has tuberculosis.
So you think that Bennett - Backlund - Frolik; Mangiapane - Jankowski - Neal (probably not even for a couple games since he came back); Czarnik - Ryan - Hathaway would give us any sort of depth or secondary scoring? Because thats probably similar level production from the second line looking like that and it just hurts the bottom six even more.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Watching the Flames lose while frozen from being outside too long is worse than being my own valentine date at a Denny's...

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
So you think that Bennett - Backlund - Frolik; Mangiapane - Jankowski - Neal (probably not even for a couple games since he came back); Czarnik - Ryan - Hathaway would give us any sort of depth or secondary scoring? Because thats probably similar level production from the second line looking like that and it just hurts the bottom six even more.

Isn't depth our strength according to people here? It can't be both ways. Our team shouldn't have to rely on him for scoring to the point where he's obviously playing hurt, especially if we claim we our one of the best teams in the league. But hey, keep playing Tkachuk and see what happens. Sure, probably isn't too serious and he's ok long term, but I just want to remind people what happened to sekera and klefbolm after that series with Anaheim and how much it f***ed the two of them up (or look at phaneuf and how quickly he declined after he left Calgary because of how he played through injuries). I'd hate to see tkachuk screw himself up because of that, but if fans here know better, than ok.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Isn't depth our strength according to people here? It can't be both ways. Our team shouldn't have to rely on him for scoring to the point where he's obviously playing hurt, especially if we claim we our one of the best teams in the league. But hey, keep playing Tkachuk and see what happens. Sure, probably isn't too serious and he's ok long term, but I just want to remind people what happened to sekera and klefbolm after that series with Anaheim and how much it ****ed the two of them up (or look at phaneuf and how quickly he declined after he left Calgary because of how he played through injuries). I'd hate to see tkachuk screw himself up because of that, but if fans here know better, than ok.
I love that you’re assuming causation for all those situations. I don’t discuss hypotheticals and baseless assumptions - I’m out.

And you’re claiming to know more than anyone else here, but I guess you’ve probably got a degree and can talk to the players like the trainers and team doctors

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
That last statement makes no sense. So putting a healthy body like Bennett would hurt the team because? Our 2nd line has 1 pt in 5 games and tkachuk is coughing up the puck like he has tuberculosis.

Using facts = idiot. Lol
Nothing you say has any fact base what so ever. It’s plain and simple irrationally, over the top speculation, which is in short, pretty nauseating. You wanna talk facts? Tkachuk is 21, and whether people want to admit it or not, was probably producing well beyond his means, for the first half of the season. His last 15 games he’s still producing at a pace similar to last year. Is it so hard to believe that a 21 year old might go cold, playing with a 45 point centre and a guy that hasn’t even produced at a top 9 level, outside of 6 games? The kid still only has 1 less point than Mark Stone, over their last 15 games.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Nothing you say has any fact base what so ever. It’s plain and simple irrationally, over the top speculation, which is in short, pretty nauseating. You wanna talk facts? Tkachuk is 21, and whether people want to admit it or not, was probably producing well beyond his means, for the first half of the season. His last 15 games he’s still producing at a pace similar to last year. Is it so hard to believe that a 21 year old might go cold, playing with a 45 point centre and a guy that hasn’t even produced at a top 9 level, outside of 6 games? The kid still only has 1 less point than Mark Stone, over their last 15 games.

If he's playing like that healthy, then he should be benched. But considering he's been noticeable less physical, slower, and turns over the puck constantly when he never did that before, he's probably hurt. And btw, a good chunk of this board has speculated that too.

I love all these facts. You’re a moron. Have a great night

Stop arguing then. This is a hockey board and arguments happen. Not everyone has the same opinion, and I sure as heck didn't call people morons just because I disagreed with them.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
If he's playing like that healthy, then he should be benched. But considering he's been noticeable less physical, slower, and turns over the puck constantly when he never did that before, he's probably hurt. And btw, a good chunk of this board has speculated that too.

Stop arguing then.
You obviously don’t know the difference between fact and speculation. Maybe Johnny and Rittich are hurt too! They haven’t looked nearly as good since the break either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->