GDT: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Flames (34-16-6) @ (づ◔ ͜ʖ◔)づ Panthers (23-24-8) - Feb 14 | 5PM MST | SNET-W

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Seems like they still haven't shaken off the all-star break rust
Personally I am glad it is happening now and not on or around game 83. Last nights game was much better defensively until OT.

The guys got complacent around the beginning of the year and were not looking after the little things. They relied on turning on the skill for 20 minutes and winning the game and that is all well and fine when the offensive game was clicking like it was but inevitably those runs come to an end and that is when the wake-up calls come for playing the game the right way. These losses will help the team be better night in and night out and make it even harder to play the Flames when they turn things around.

They were close last night.. It is not like last year when you saw the will slip from the team. Jankowski was a rock star again and is being rewarded by Peters with PP time and even a shift in OT. A little more confidence will go a long way with Mark.

Smith looked hungry and ready to take the starter role back last night. Would love to see even more of that.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Personally I am glad it is happening now and not on or around game 83. Last nights game was much better defensively until OT.

The guys got complacent around the beginning of the year and were not looking after the little things. They relied on turning on the skill for 20 minutes and winning the game and that is all well and fine when the offensive game was clicking like it was but inevitably those runs come to an end and that is when the wake-up calls come for playing the game the right way. These losses will help the team be better night in and night out and make it even harder to play the Flames when they turn things around.

They were close last night.. It is not like last year when you saw the will slip from the team. Jankowski was a rock star again and is being rewarded by Peters with PP time and even a shift in OT. A little more confidence will go a long way with Mark.

Smith looked hungry and ready to take the starter role back last night. Would love to see even more of that.

Have we seen Janko in shootouts? He’s got a great release and good hands in tight. Seems like he might do well, can’t be worse than what we’re currently seeing.

I just can’t remember if he’s been used at all

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
And then people freak out when Peters tries out Neal and Mangiapane in the shootout. As if we're missing out on anything by using the same guys who do nothing lol

You know what? Nobody knows what a goalie is thinking quite like a goalie. I think we should send our goalies but I hope their goalie wouldn’t know what our goalie is thinking as a shooter

Goalie

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
You know what? Nobody knows what a goalie is thinking quite like a goalie. I think we should send our goalies but I hope their goalie wouldn’t know what our goalie is thinking as a shooter

Goalie
Im+not+sure+if+thats+cute+or+worrisome+_13c425febc717a3f5cb6bcd4ac60b1cb.gif

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ah, the Gimmick that is the shootout, nice way to continue our 'losing streak'.
Flames should have won. Right now we're in the crater in terms of the ebs and flows of the season. Which is fine, it was bound to happen eventually, and at least it didn't happen in round 1 of the playoffs.

Essentially 2 months ago, we would have won this game 7-2; but our shooting percentage is normalizing a bit for some players and that's certainly causing some grief right now.

I will say, not a bad game at all. Defensively I thought we were good, I thought Andersson and Hanifin had monster nights. Offensively, I thought that most of the team looked good creating chances, and our goalie didn't shit the bed. Overall, it's a game you win almost every time if you replayed it the same way.

I gotta say, I know people don't say knee jerk right now, but it'd be really great if we could get a scorer in that top 6 just to give that second line a little bit more life. Especially if the Real Deal is out for a while.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad