Rumor: Zucker's been shopped to Cgy, Pit, Arz, Vgk, Van ( Van one is worse than most proposals here lol)

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Sutter is a cap dump so I’m not exactly sure what kind of deal you had in mind.
Sutter for a mid pick. I don't see him as a dump yet per say but not a lot of value there either. It would be nice to open the roster spot for Gaudette, but if the only way to do that would being paying to move Sutter than I'd rather just keep him and have the most expensive 4th line in hockey with him, Beagle and Eriksson.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sutter for a mid pick. I don't see him as a dump yet per say but not a lot of value there either. It would be nice to open the roster spot for Gaudette, but if the only way to do that would being paying to move Sutter than I'd rather just keep him and have the most expensive 4th line in hockey with him, Beagle and Eriksson.
Vancouver has excess cap space so I don’t foresee Sutter being an issue in that regard. To other teams though, he’s definitely a cap dump. I wouldn’t trade a mid round pick for him as I don’t see him being needed on Minnesota. Bottom 6 right handed players can be found in free agency for much cheaper price overall.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Vancouver has excess cap space so I don’t foresee Sutter being an issue in that regard. To other teams though, he’s definitely a cap dump. I wouldn’t trade a mid round pick for him as I don’t see him being needed on Minnesota. Bottom 6 right handed players can be found in free agency for much cheaper price overall.
It's more an indictment on how piss poor of a GM we have in Benning to be spending that much on a 4th line. The actual cap hit this season isn't the issue, more the roster spots is. Hell having that much money already tied up may be a good thing to limit the damage Benning is going to do July 1st in order to save his job. From the Wild POV I totally understand. Just saw the list of need at centre and a right hand shot so I threw the option out there.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t have an answer to the first question.

I wouldn’t accept that offer. The rumored accepted deals so far:
Frolik+1st
Kessel+Johnson for Zucker+Rask

Both nixed by NTCs I believe.
Frolik deal was just a f*** up by Calgary. Didn't involve the NTC.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What would it take from New Jersey to acquire Zucker?

John Quenneville + 2019 draft 55th overall pick + 2020 4th round pick
FOR
Jason Zucker + Victor Rask

Is that fair?
Poor value, but I get that you guys are eating Rask's salary. What worries me as a Wild fan is that it will give Fenton even more cap space to sign a FA with.

Reactions: Bet the Over

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Dont think Zucker value is that high. One 60 points season and two 40 points season making 5.5 M. If he doesn't bounce back he is a little overpaid. Players that are overpaid don't have high value.

His value to me is a number 4 D, another player with around the same salary/production or a cheap middle 6 winger and a 3rd round pick.

Something like Virtanen and a 3rd round pick.

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Poor value, but I get that you guys are eating Rask's salary. What worries me as a Wild fan is that it will give Fenton even more cap space to sign a FA with.
I wonder if a deal with San Jose could work around Zucker + for Labanc with a couple players (positional needs/cap hit/term) being swapped as well. Any thoughts?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Still can't believe the Boeser offer. I guess when you're Benning you've nobody to blame but yourself for having the reputation of a buffoon. Still though, that is quite the reach.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Still can't believe the Boeser offer. I guess when you're Benning you've nobody to blame but yourself for having the reputation of a buffoon. Still though, that is quite the reach.
You can't actually be serious?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Dont think Zucker value is that high. One 60 points season and two 40 points season making 5.5 M. If he doesn't bounce back he is a little overpaid. Players that are overpaid don't have high value.

His value to me is a number 4 D, another player with around the same salary/production or a cheap middle 6 winger and a 3rd round pick.

Something like Virtanen and a 3rd round pick.
I think your opinion of Zucker is accurate. Your opinion of Virtanen is not.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Frolik deal was just a **** up by Calgary. Didn't involve the NTC.

I wonder if we will ever get the full story on what happened in that deal.

I’ve heard a few things, all from reliable folks.
1) the deal fell apart on Calgary’s end.
2) Fenton didn’t file paperwork to the NHL in time.
3) Frolik wasn’t keen on Minny.

Like apparently Brad Treliving was fuming after this. So it points to someone on his staff messing up, or Fenton f***ing Up royally.

Reactions: Mancini79

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I wonder if we will ever get the full story on what happened in that deal.

I’ve heard a few things, all from reliable folks.
1) the deal fell apart on Calgary’s end.
2) Fenton didn’t file paperwork to the NHL in time.
3) Frolik wasn’t keen on Minny.

Like apparently Brad Treliving was fuming after this. So it points to someone on his staff messing up, or Fenton ****ing Up royally.
Russo has reported a few times that the trade fell through on Calgary's end. He's never went into any kind of detail beyond that, but Russo absolutely hates Fenton so if there was any chance for him to blame Fenton, I think he would.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Does Paul Fenton need to learn more about the Wild roster and who Jason Zucker is before making such proposals to his colleagues?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad